IGNORED

Liam Fontaine

sglosbcfc

48 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Just scored the equaliser for Hibs in the League Cup Final at Hampden. Sad how his City career ended and hope he ends up with a trophy. Ricky Foster playing for Ross County.

Does that mean Johnson has to get his arse out in Burton's window?

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Who cares?  :dunno:

An former player scores for a different club - big deal....

I can't agree with that.  Fontaine was with us for the best part of 8 years and was a big part of two of the best seasons we've had in recent memory.  It didn't end well for him here but he's a bit more than just any old former player and it's great to see things going his way. 

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

I can't agree with that.  Fontaine was with us for the best part of 8 years and was a big part of two of the best seasons we've had in recent memory.  It didn't end well for him here but he's a bit more than just any old former player and it's great to see things going his way. 

Whoops .

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

You really are a very unpleasant contributor sometimes, aren't you?

Once a player leaves City I very rarely take any further interest in their careers. Fontaine is just one of hundreds of former City players so why would anyone be be interested in him or any other former players is a mystery to me.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Once a player leaves City I very rarely take any further interest in their careers. Fontaine is just one of hundreds of former City players so why would anyone be be interested in him or any other former players is a mystery to me.

Quite right. I only lived with my mother for the first 18 years of my life, but am always confused when people still ask me about how she is.

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Because of players still playing I think he has probably played more times for us than any other player. We're not starting threads about Ryan McGivern and Jordan Spence are we? 

Edit: Cole Skuse has played more times for us, but still, around 250 appearances. 

Although I do tend to take an interest in how ex players are faring, I can also completely understand those who have no interest at all in the careers of ex players. Indeed, logically they have the right attitude as unless there is a sell on clause by which our club might benefit if the player does well how they do has no bearing on our club. Therefore, Robbored is entitled to his opinion and I see nothing wrong with it, although I do not share his opinion.

4 hours ago, eardun said:

Just saw his goal - cracking shot. Unfortunately he skewed a clearance to Ross County's striker for their 90th min winner. Shame for the lad.

He had to try and hit it. It was a goal if he missed it.  Then tried the overhead kick at the death and forced a save.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Unless there is a thread on them in which you have to immediately open and reply saying you don't care. 

I don't have any interest in celebrity gossip but I don't go on the Daily Mail online every day and comment "Zzz" on every article. 

Sometimes I am really confused on how you justify yourself. 

10 minutes ago, Selred said:

Unless there is a thread on them in which you have to immediately open and reply saying you don't care. 

I don't have any interest in celebrity gossip but I don't go on the Daily Mail online every day and comment "Zzz" on every article. 

Sometimes I am really confused on how you justify yourself. 

A desperate craving for attention.

Archived