IGNORED

Lennon leaves Bolton

UREDS_91

3 minutes ago, BCFCDEL said:

With all due respect to Bolton, I'd be very surprised if were not three points better off come 5pm Saturday..

Interestingly I feel slightly less confident now. As we saw with Cotts departure, a change in leadership can have a positive affect on the players, even if it is just the backroom staff taking temporary charge.

I still strongly feel we will win, but this makes it a bit less certain IMO.

5 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Interestingly I feel slightly less confident now. As we saw with Cotts departure, a change in leadership can have a positive affect on the players, even if it is just the backroom staff taking temporary charge.

I still strongly feel we will win, but this makes it a bit less certain IMO.

Let's hope the new manager sees this as a transition period, meaning they go out with a whimper!

8 minutes ago, BCFCDEL said:

With all due respect to Bolton, I'd be very surprised if were not three points better off come 5pm Saturday..

I wouldn't count that particular chicken just yet. I think Saturday could be a very difficult game regardless of this news. 

The players are playing for their future now as relegation looks almost certain and they will see themselves as being either in the "shop window" or looking to impress whoever comes in to manage them albeit in Div 1.

The other, and important factor, is that to a large extent the pressure is now off them and they will be able to play with a bit more freedom.

That last point is in direct contrast to us, as the pressure is very much there and there will be an added expectation of the three points.

16 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

The job must have been very difficult for him because Bolton's finances have been a sideshow and a huge distraction for months however, he's not the most likeable of fellows so I feel no great sorrow for him.

I do wonder if this is some prelude to administration?

They have been a sideshow, but their team isn't that bad on paper. Some decent players in there.

23 minutes ago, BCFCDEL said:

Why? They have some very good players. It's been a dreadful season all round for them but this will be a very tough game, make no bones about it.

Wouldn't be surprised if they promoted from within - short term until the end of the season at least. Will be cheaper for them, and in all honesty with all the off field business going on, it's not going to be a very attractive job. If they did get someone in, they're either going to pull off the greatest escape ever, or do what everyone expects anyway - get relegated and lose most of their squad.

Paul Ince was in the paper either yesterday,  or the day before touting for work - nothing to lose for him. I'd put money on him or a cheap in house appointment personally.

If you were Cotts would you go for this? Bolton would get the bounce from him coming in like he did for us, it gives him time to assess to squad for next season, and most importantly he knows how to have success in league one. 

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

If you were Cotts would you go for this? Bolton would get the bounce from him coming in like he did for us, it gives him time to assess to squad for next season, and most importantly he knows how to have success in league one. 

Kind of thunk that myself. Seems a feasible fit.

Think people need to remember Bolton have only won 4 games all season, that's FOUR games! Those 4 wins have all come at home too, none on the road. Yes they have an okay squad on paper but they're down there for a reason aren't they?!

Have faith, they're not world beaters.

Archived