IGNORED

Lennon leaves Bolton

UREDS_91

1 hour ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they informed him that administration is coming and he he said thanks but no thanks. Otherwise very strange to pay him off now.

57 minutes ago, Ash the Bash said:

Was it a mutual consent thing or did he get the boot? Agree though, odd time to leave. Perhaps he didn't want a relegation on his CV?

Reckon he'll get another job at this level?

Whatever the ''mutual' agreement is, its money the new Bolton owners are going to have to stump up, unless Lennon becomes a creditor for the Administrator to deal with.

I'm not convinced they will go into Administration - although they've been skating on thin ice.  I guess we will know more when this month's payroll is processed.

1 hour ago, BCFCDEL said:

With all due respect to Bolton, I'd be very surprised if were not three points better off come 5pm Saturday..

Are you nuts?  They haven't won away all season, They haven't beaten city at Ashton Gate for decades and now the manager has left.  I'd say we're doomed.  DOOMED

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Bloody typical just before we play them. Let's just hope Lennon wasn't as blinkered as Cotts with his formation etc, and whoever takes charge makes a tweak here and there just like Pembo did.

Let's just hope they are so sort of cash and ideas that they let the tea-lady pick the team from whoever works in the ticket office.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Bolton fans will be delighted with this.  Rumours of off the field personal problems for a while and apparently lost dressing room.   Bad news for us as they aren't as crap on paper as their results suggest.  

I thought this trump card was always played out on Internet forums whenever a team was doing badly. Truth, that's just sooooo boring

3 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Let's just hope they are so sort of cash and ideas that they let the tea-lady pick the team from whoever works in the ticket office.

Christ let's prey she doesn't pick Jimmy the white line painter for right wing. With his pace, he will tear us a new one.

I can't see us losing by any less than four on Saturday. So depressed now.

I can definitely see why he joined Bolton. It's a win-win situation for him! If he does well, he's done an incredible job against all odds. If he ***** up, then it's because the club was a shambles in the first place.

He's probably done enough to ensure that he can work in the Championship again, and he'll be a better manager from the experience.

2 hours ago, City exile 79 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Dean Holdsworth takes the job himself till the end of season. 

Has been reported he will be in joint charge with one of the remaining coaches.

Have I missed something here, why is there still talk of administration?  I thought the take-over had gone through, the HMRC bill paid and the other major debts written off by the previous owner. Why would someone fund a take-over only to place it all immediately in the hands of the administrator?

3 hours ago, Ash the Bash said:

Was it a mutual consent thing or did he get the boot? Agree though, odd time to leave. Perhaps he didn't want a relegation on his CV?

Reckon he'll get another job at this level?

Managers rarely resign as that means they get no compensation. I'd guess that the "mutual consent" is something manager and club have agreed to avoid a sacking. He still gets compensations of some kind but it sounds better than sacked. 

2 hours ago, The Chaplain said:

Have I missed something here, why is there still talk of administration?  I thought the take-over had gone through, the HMRC bill paid and the other major debts written off by the previous owner. Why would someone fund a take-over only to place it all immediately in the hands of the administrator?

I think the previous owner wrote off the £180 odd million owning to him and sold the club to the Holdsworth group for a £1.  However, the club still owes £2.5 M to HMRC.  The judge gave the new owners two weeks to raise this sum, which expires this Thursday.

5 minutes ago, Malago said:

I think the previous owner wrote off the £180 odd million owning to him and sold the club to the Holdsworth group for a £1.  However, the club still owes £2.5 M to HMRC.  The judge gave the new owners two weeks to raise this sum, which expires this Thursday.

Ah ok, thanks, would be an odd business though, given Holdsworth knew the details of the HMRC debt owed, if he took it on without the wherewithal to pay it 

31 minutes ago, Malago said:

Thought I read that HMRC had now been paid in full? They got the money from selling their training ground to Wigan and some other land near the ground.

Question is whether they can afford to keep running the club with the current level of losses they are racking up every week though. Doesn't quite seem to add up.

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that the new owners are talking to the players and their agents about re-aligning their contracts, at least for the players that still have a contract beyond the end of the season. If that does not work out then admin will probably be the only option as they cannot possibly be able to keep meeting the current wage bill.

Admin would mean a 12 point deduction, but better to take that now than start at -12 next season in Div 1.

Admin also means that they can stop paying the players and they in turn are free to walk away and they become unsecured creditors.

The recent takeover does not mean that this is not the plan as the " pre - package" admin option is fairly common in other businesses. The difference in football however is that you can't come out of admin until all football debt is settled e.g. Outstanding transfer payments, wages etc, but admin means that these can be negotiated down on the basis of better taking something than getting nothing if the debtor is liquidated.

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that the new owners are talking to the players and their agents about re-aligning their contracts, at least for the players that still have a contract beyond the end of the season. If that does not work out then admin will probably be the only option as they cannot possibly be able to keep meeting the current wage bill.

Admin would mean a 12 point deduction, but better to take that now than start at -12 next season in Div 1.

Admin also means that they can stop paying the players and they in turn are free to walk away and they become unsecured creditors.

The recent takeover does not mean that this is not the plan as the " pre - package" admin option is fairly common in other businesses. The difference in football however is that you can't come out of admin until all football debt is settled e.g. Outstanding transfer payments, wages etc, but admin means that these can be negotiated down on the basis of better taking something than getting nothing if the debtor is liquidated.

I think, but aren`t sure, that if they`re going to go into admin this season they only have until Thursday to do it. If they don`t, it`s next year on -12.

1 hour ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

Liam feeney off to Ipswich 

That'll weaken them in attack, so that's good news.

Departure of Lennon probably bad news as there are rumours of bust ups whilst he was there and with the ability of the squad he had at his disposal Bolton should have more than just the four wins this season.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think, but aren`t sure, that if they`re going to go into admin this season they only have until Thursday to do it. If they don`t, it`s next year on -12.

I think you are correct fella ( but like you I don't know for sure) could explain the Lennon situation too.

Lennon was bound to leave Bolton - we beat a side and as we are so bad the manager gets potted ( 5 times this season after a defeat to Preston ) .... 

We didn't turn up for 60 minutes at Bolton but by the end it was a comfortable 2-1 win , they are a very poor side and you will despatch them with no issues at all ...been saying it for a while you will have no problems at all staying up .... infact I think you will finish 8/9 min clear - your form is pretty dam good since SC left under the caretaker and Johnson and that win at Fulham was top draw - nailed on a visit to Ashton Gate again next season ... mid table for us is beyond my wildest dreams - with that of course will come daft expectation for next season but having 5000 + North Enders for Gentry day at Bolton with a team assembled for circa £250k tops and safe was a nice feeling 

Sad day for Preston today having lost one of our true greats - described by many Preston fans behind Sir Tom - Alan Spavin passing away today and I know City fans respect others and will have no problems with me posting it on here ...

Cheers and see you next season 

Mortis

32 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Lennon was bound to leave Bolton - we beat a side and as we are so bad the manager gets potted ( 5 times this season after a defeat to Preston ) .... 

We didn't turn up for 60 minutes at Bolton but by the end it was a comfortable 2-1 win , they are a very poor side and you will despatch them with no issues at all ...been saying it for a while you will have no problems at all staying up .... infact I think you will finish 8/9 min clear - your form is pretty dam good since SC left under the caretaker and Johnson and that win at Fulham was top draw - nailed on a visit to Ashton Gate again next season ... mid table for us is beyond my wildest dreams - with that of course will come daft expectation for next season but having 5000 + North Enders for Gentry day at Bolton with a team assembled for circa £250k tops and safe was a nice feeling 

Sad day for Preston today having lost one of our true greats - described by many Preston fans behind Sir Tom - Alan Spavin passing away today and I know City fans respect others and will have no problems with me posting it on here ...

Cheers and see you next season 

Mortis

Cheers mate, and RIP Alan Spavin

Archived