IGNORED

Charlton Athletic Statement

cheshire_red

13 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I agree, but think the difference is also that most people are not emotionally invested in the performance and success of their local Wagamama*.  Most people don't walk around with a Wagamama shirt on. Most people don't (on the whole) get "Wagamama 'til I die" tattooed on their arm.  Most people weren't taken to Wagamama by their dad and grandad since they were 5 years old.  Therefore, unlike with a football club at which these things do happen - most people do not have a deep affinity with Wagamama.

*other chain restaurants are available.

Indeed, and to build on the analogy; if you found that you didnt get a good service at Wagamama , or the gado gado wasnt up to scratch, you would take your custom elsewhere.

I cant believe any football club would still trot this tired old nonsense out other than because they so want it to be true:cool:

BTW 

i'm yo sushi till i die....:clapping:

5 hours ago, Fatalist said:

Did anyone see on the same page that Charlton are offering free coach travel to Sheffield Wed? That seems a bit different from the rest of their attitude to fans.

I also noted that match tickets for that game are £20, a bit less than we were charged at Hillsborough.

Yup, I noticed. And the trip to Hillsborough will be the THIRD time this season Charlton have given FREE travel to their fans. 

4 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I keep re reading it and I still can't believe it. 

What official club statement anywhere in the world has an asterisk?

It reads like it's written by someone who has a good grasp of English, but is not a native English speaker. 

So, Belgian then...

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Yup, I noticed. And the trip to Hillsborough will be the THIRD time this season Charlton have given FREE travel to their fans. 

I hope you're not sticking up for their owners. Their owners are about one level up from the Oystons

1 hour ago, twodogs said:

I hope you're not sticking up for their owners. Their owners are about one level up from the Oystons

Absolutely NOT. I was mearly observing that although our club recognises our 'fantastic away support' they do very little to reward a lot of loyal fans who have made the trips and have watched very poor performances at times. If a club like Charlton can give out free trips three times a season then as a gesture I would like to see our club reward those who have travelled away to Rotterham for example.

2 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

If being written by the owners then English Is a 2nd language so they can be cut some slack.

No they can't.

It should've been checked and re checked by admin who are very competent with the English language before being posted, particularly considering its extremely sensitive content.

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

Absolutely NOT. I was mearly observing that although our club recognises our 'fantastic away support' they do very little to reward a lot of loyal fans who have made the trips and have watched very poor performances at times. If a club like Charlton can give out free trips three times a season then as a gesture I would like to see our club reward those who have travelled away to Rotterham for example.

Would definitely agree with that its a small cost to the club in the great scheme of things. The Charlton statement is probably a view shared by a number of boards in that they don't value their fans other than as cash cows. They were just stupid enough to say it.

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Tin pot crap shit hole of a club

In the way its run definitely but the way the fans rescued it from ground sharing and near extinction is admirable, they have never recovered from being overly greedy and effectively getting rid of Curbishly as they thought he had taken them as far as he could.

Not sure who checks who can run clubs in the league but so many examples, Northampton, Pompey, Leeds, Darlington

Archived