IGNORED

Charlton Athletic Statement

cheshire_red

2 hours ago, twodogs said:

I hope you're not sticking up for their owners. Their owners are about one level up from the Oystons

Cool, I was hoping someone with in depth knowledge would come on.

All I know about this is that the Charlton owner has a finger in many pies including owning several clubs.

Can you give a summary of the Oyston's operations and how the Charlton people are 'one level up' from that?

Cheers...

43 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

For one moment I thought that was the amalgamation of a Dutch team and south Yorkshire's finest!

Done by the predictive again! Gawd only knows what I write half the time, certainly not always what I intended :bonkers:

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Cool, I was hoping someone with in depth knowledge would come on.

All I know about this is that the Charlton owner has a finger in many pies including owning several clubs.

Can you give a summary of the Oyston's operations and how the Charlton people are 'one level up' from that?

Cheers...

Is that sarcasm or genuine interest?

50 minutes ago, Manon said:

No they can't.

It should've been checked and re checked by admin who are very competent with the English language before being posted, particularly considering its extremely sensitive content.

Absolutely. There is literally no excuse.

If I owned a French football club I wouldn't expect the club's supporters to read a statement that started "Good moaning". If you see what I mean.

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If I owned a French football club I wouldn't expect the club's supporters to read a statement that started "Good moaning". If you see what I mean.

And you would probably say who the statement was from, maybe saying something like

"It is I, ChippenhamRed" ?

12 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Have to say, it reads really badly…

Whoever wrote that statement does not have the full understanding of how important a club is to its fanbase and also the English language

I'm not sure football clubs are all that important to the English language.

18 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Genuine interest mate, I think Charlton is a proper old school football club and I just don't know what has happened...

The Oystons first as how they are still running Blackpool is beyond me.

The Oystons bought Blackpool for a quid in 2008. They Have allegedly then used the club as a cash cow ever since.

They have over seen a club which was in the premiership in 2011 to one now in in the bottom 3 of league 1. With them being odds on to go down imo.

They have made millions off the back of the premiership promotion paying themselves and their companies via the club.

They started their championship season with 16 players most of which were triallists then sacking the manager as they had been caught out talking to another manager.

They have had FA action for calling one of their fans a retard and have sued others. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35550378

They are also currently being sued by their Latvian business partner as he claims tens of millions of pounds of transfer and premiership monies have been diverted from the club into companies that the Oystons own.

Loads of other depressing stuff on them.

Charlton Next. The statement in full is still there which clearly means they don't care how much they p.ss off their fans

The link is an article which explains far better than i can whats gone so badly wrong. http://readchampionship.com/2016/01/23/roland-riga-restaurants-whats-going-charlton/

The first relates to the current owners with the one below bemoaning whats happened since curbishly went which as i said in an earlier post was the start of their demise

http://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/30-Clubs/5046-fall-from-grace

I have a lot of family back that way most long suffering Charlton fans. Their feelings for the board are ones of hatred. With a lot of fans simply boycotting games at the way the club is run. Although from speaking to a couple of'em this statement has been like a red rag to a bull and it'll increase the protests and not in a good way

As a footnote there's rumours that their head of comms who only joined last year has resigned whether as a protest or scapegoat who knows.

Archived