IGNORED

Lee Tomlin & midfield in general & Pembo

EmersonsRed

Thought he was really good first half, and still decent the second.  With the small squad we could be left with, I wouldn't let anyone go, without offering them a one year deal.  Can't believe Reid, Wagstaff etc will command a better deal elsewhere....but they may just want to play.

2 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

If Bournemouth know that we 'really' want him, and that Tomlin wants to come here, they'll definitely look to recoup most of that 3.5 million that they spent. 

Would be money very well spent if we do manage to pull a deal off in the Summer. 

With the premier league TV deal I doubt a £1m or £2m loss would even cross their minds!! 

25 minutes ago, RedM said:

Really. I haven't always been a huge BR fan but he certainly affected the game today and at Fulham last week. He seems to have the same understanding as Tomlin and PO and certainly linked up with them well. I hoped he would keep his place today and place Freeman on the bench as he deserved to do so. Everything clicked today and it was great to see. 

Bolton were poor, the poorest team we've seen yet perhaps but that win would have given us confidence. We look a much improved team since Tomlin arrived and settled in, and now with the addition of the again impressive Odemwinghie  bringing out the best in players like Bobby Reid it can only be a good thing.

Tomlin and Odemwinghie are class players for sure and I noticed the car park is again filling up with Porsche's so they don't come cheap, but what price is failure?

Worse than Charlton!? Bloody hell. 

21 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Glad you're not my accountant! 

If it saves a substantial wage bill you should wish I was! If we even offered him 6kpw less than what they pay him that'd cover a £1m transfer fee loss per his wages, forgetting employers NI. If they turn a profit next year and are liable to corporate tax then it's potentially even greater a saving. 

3 hours ago, Taz said:

Tomlin is essential, made everything looked effortless and was also doing a lot of talking (First half at least). Loads better than JET....

We need to do everything we can to get Baker, providing villa will do business. Odemwingie also looked very good, although I think higher clubs will be in for him. That being said a goal in a 6-0 win, and a strong end to the season would help our cause.

Wasn't impressed with Matthews, but that's the first time I've seen him play. Bolton sent a lot his way in the first half, and I thought he looked lost. Going forward looked better but really should have put a better ball in in the second half.

Back to Tomlin - one of those players you can build a side around. 

Sorry mate but Bolton broke on us twice first half down our left hand side , he covered,read it and seen out the danger. A proper defender.

1 hour ago, Chivs said:

Yes, this person does.  Reid is a fantastic player when you are winning.  Let's see him play 90 minutes when we need to come back against a good team.

He was very good against Fulham when we were losing. His link up play made a huge difference when he came on and was key today. He looks lightweight but covered back very well too. Decision making improving with age and game time.

Freeman was fired up when he came on but sometimes lost for the right passing option or over complicated things compared to Bobby albeit running at a sad and deflated Bolton was the right thing to do in the second half.

Great day

Going off at a bit of a tangent, but yes Bolton were as bad as if not worse than Charlton. Charlton looked like they had a bit of fight in them if not particularly football skills, a lot of boot it up in the air etc.

Today Bolton looked like a team wanting to get rid of their manager, but it can't be that as he's gone earlier in the week. Maybe they didn't want him to go and so are not playing for this bloke?  They certainly can't have played as bad as that all season, don't think their games have been that one sided, losing by the odd goal not six.

2 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Bolton were awful,true,was that because they are that poor or did we play well,I think it's the latter.under cotts we would play like that in spells but not attack like we did today,ruthless 

I agree and don't want to take anything away from us because we were very good . Bolton though looked like we did last time we got relegated from the championship, a serious lack of effort and put no pressure on us and if you give players like Tomlinson space he will murder you. 

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

See, even 29AR approves. I'm the best.

'La-la-la-la I can't hear you, I have my fingers in my ears'

The best.

Proven.

Endorsed.

(Won't remember this tomorrow)

FACT!

Endorsements mean nothing when they come from a nob :P

3 hours ago, Taz said:

Tomlin is essential, made everything looked effortless and was also doing a lot of talking (First half at least). Loads better than JET....

We need to do everything we can to get Baker, providing villa will do business. Odemwingie also looked very good, although I think higher clubs will be in for him. That being said a goal in a 6-0 win, and a strong end to the season would help our cause.

Wasn't impressed with Matthews, but that's the first time I've seen him play. Bolton sent a lot his way in the first half, and I thought he looked lost. Going forward looked better but really should have put a better ball in in the second half.

Back to Tomlin - one of those players you can build a side around. 

Sorry Taz but do not agree with you about Matthews. Covered the rest of the back four very well. Looked after his "Winger" ver well and still found time to get forward and help in attacks.

What more could he have done to please? Maybe it is true about City fans; however we play, we have to pick on one to be "Disaster of the Week".

3 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Bolton were awful,true,was that because they are that poor or did we play well,I think it's the latter.under cotts we would play like that in spells but not attack like we did today,ruthless 

I agree and don't want to take anything away from us because we were very good . Bolton though looked like we did last time we got relegated from the championship, a serious lack of effort and put no pressure on us and if you give players like Tomlin space he will murder you. 

29 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Don't get carried away, but it was a performance and a result that was required to stave off relegation, against a side that is really in L1 now. Having said that, three key performers are not our players, and Baker, Tomlin and Odemwinghie are the level we would need next season (all three would destroy our wage structure) so going forward is going to as hard as it ever was. Objective for LJ and all is just stay in this league, they are probably 3 to 4 points from that target. I would personally like to sign all three of those players, but bear in mind we will need 6 to 8 in the summer. 

For me the signing of Tomlin is crucial for us next season along with Baker and a few other big signings.. Its all horses for courses really, make some decent signings, season tickets sales will fly and suddenly their not so unaffordable... Another transfer debacle like last season will be disastrous, We need to get our business done very early this year especially as emergency loans will be no more from next season...

It would be great to think Baker and Tomlin could be accommodated into our wage structure, which seems to be two-tier...SL happy to pay a big wage for a top player, but not an average one.  I think we will have to increase the wages of a few if the permies too, whether they re-signed last summer or not (cough Flint, cough Bryan, cough Kodjia).

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It would be great to think Baker and Tomlin could be accommodated into our wage structure, which seems to be two-tier...SL happy to pay a big wage for a top player, but not an average one.  I think we will have to increase the wages of a few if the permies too, whether they re-signed last summer or not (cough Flint, cough Bryan, cough Kodjia).

Hmmmm, I think you've missed a pretty important cough. 

Please edit immediately...

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

True, and therefore we as fans need to make sure we put our hands in our pockets and get season tickets/buy food and drink at the ground / Bar and Grill etc

Archived