IGNORED

Lee Tomlin & midfield in general & Pembo

EmersonsRed

Lee Tomlin is one of the most technically gifted players I've seen at the gate for a long, long time... I don't care how fat people think he is, I don't think he is at all. If we could possibly sign him for next season then blimey, he's given us something I've not seen in an age!

Midfield in general... Not seen a midfield press like that for a long time either, plenty of energy all over, covered them like a rash at all points forcing them to punt it long to our 6'7 giant CB... 

Pembo every game is ridiculously passionate... I love the bloke.

A bit of a shit thread but I'm all excited and wanted to talk about all 3 things without several topics/posts... Onwards and upwards, coyr

A star player who influenced and epitomised Bournemouth to what they are now. I'd be surprised, but who knows what motivates a person., Maybe an oppertunity to play at a club of this size yet to grace the Premier League has some influence, its going to happen one day and to be a part of that could special motivation, they will all be immortalized.  

Tomlin is essential, made everything looked effortless and was also doing a lot of talking (First half at least). Loads better than JET....

We need to do everything we can to get Baker, providing villa will do business. Odemwingie also looked very good, although I think higher clubs will be in for him. That being said a goal in a 6-0 win, and a strong end to the season would help our cause.

Wasn't impressed with Matthews, but that's the first time I've seen him play. Bolton sent a lot his way in the first half, and I thought he looked lost. Going forward looked better but really should have put a better ball in in the second half.

Back to Tomlin - one of those players you can build a side around. 

I've not been a Reid fan by any means but that was a helluva performance from him today. He was bloody marvellous.

And Wagstaff too! What an impact he had. 

Neither can lace Tomlin's boots mind :P:hug:

Oh and to the poster who questioned Odemwingie and what impact he might have :punish:

15 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

A star player, influenced and epitomised Bournemouth to where they are now, would be surprised if he would drop down, but who knows what motivates a person, I hope the oppertunity to play at a club of this size yet to grace the Premier Legue has some influence, its going to happen one day andto be a part of that could be very special.  I think and I hope motives the lads we have now also, they will be immortalized.  

He played for Boro last season barely played a game for Bournemouth.   But he is very good.

8 minutes ago, Taz said:

Tomlin is essential, made everything looked effortless and was also doing a lot of talking (First half at least). Loads better than JET....

We need to do everything we can to get Baker, providing villa will do business. Odemwingie also looked very good, although I think higher clubs will be in for him. That being said a goal in a 6-0 win, and a strong end to the season would help our cause.

Wasn't impressed with Matthews, but that's the first time I've seen him play. Bolton sent a lot his way in the first half, and I thought he looked lost. Going forward looked better but really should have put a better ball in in the second half.

I thought Matthews was decent. Great ball for Kodjia's goal too.

Some great changes being made...we played well...but imo, against a Bolton side with no fight and already down in their heads.

Still a long way to go...will celebrate tonight with a nice bottle of whisky...

As for Pembo...Passion can be shown in many ways...fist pumping and shouting is just one of them...the same as Bradley Orr...doesn't make them any more passionate than others...just different. I'm sure others were doing it in their head and heart...just not outwardly open with it.

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

Some great changes being made...we played well...but imo, against a Bolton side with no fight and already down in their heads.

As for Pembo...Passion can be shown in many ways...fist pumping and shouting is just one of them...the same as Bradley Orr...doesn't make them any more passionate than others...just different. I'm sure others were doing it in their head and heart...just not outwardly open with it.

I agree Bolton were very poor but I think on that performance we'd have given many a very difficult game today. We were quick in pass, incisive, saw the next pass that was on and the movement up top (and Bobby's vision) had their defence all over the shop. Tomlin, although against lesser opposition, looked every bit a Premier League player today. Odemwingie too  

What I loved was that the changes were very impactful and settled immediately in to the game. Wagstaff for instance had a 10 minutes to dream about. 

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

Bolton were awful,true,was that because they are that poor or did we play well,I think it's the latter.under cotts we would play like that in spells but not attack like we did today,ruthless 

4 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I agree Bolton were very poor but I think on that performance we'd have given many a very difficult game today. We were quick in pass, incisive, saw the next pass that was on and the movement up top (and Bobby's vision) had their defence all over the shop. Tomlin, although against lesser opposition, looked every bit a Premier League player today. Odemwingie too  

What I loved was that the changes were very impactful and settled immediately in to the game. Wagstaff for instance had a 10 minutes to dream about. 

Agree...we played well. Lets see how well we get on next game though ;-)

However...like JJT said above...we were ruthless and the changes made since SC left have been nothing short of astounding. Especially our away form.

Just goes to show how close this league is though.

Afew points from relegation and only 5 from mid table now.

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Agree...we played well. Lets see how well we get on next game though ;-)

However...like JJT said above...we were ruthless and the changes made since SC left have been nothing short of astounding. Especially our away form.

Just goes to show how close this league is though.

Afew points from relegation and only 5 from mid table now.

Take inspiration from Leicester and how they finished last season and played this :pray::drunk2:

6 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Hull away is a different matter, but I've been impressed with joe Bryan since smith got injured. He's played well in every game, as has pack. 

Pfft Hull couldn't even beat Boro. 

1 hour ago, Taz said:

I thought Matthews was very good, at 2-0 up he made 2 crucial interceptions to stop Bolton getting back into the game. If they had nicked one it could have been a different game. Great cross for JK's goal as well.

1 minute ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I thought Matthews was very good, at 2-0 up he made 2 crucial interceptions to stop Bolton getting back into the game. If they had nicked one it could have been a different game. Great cross for JK's goal as well.

Agreed. Getting match fitness and sharpness back in the last few games it seems, steadily improving on each. 

Very impressed today. Elliot Bennet who?

2 hours ago, CiderHider said:

A star player who influenced and epitomised Bournemouth to what they are now. I'd be surprised, but who knows what motivates a person., Maybe an oppertunity to play at a club of this size yet to grace the Premier League has some influence, its going to happen one day and to be a part of that could special motivation, they will all be immortalized.  

Which Lee Tomlin is that? He only played 6 games for Bournemouth.

40 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Do people still think Reid isn't good enough? Plays 70 minutes in a 6-0 win when Freeman was on the bench. Why people think he should be let go really does flabbergast me.

More than stepping up to the mark. Even his detractors piped down today. Some of his passes were sublime today.

43 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Do people still think Reid isn't good enough? Plays 70 minutes in a 6-0 win when Freeman was on the bench. Why people think he should be let go really does flabbergast me.

Yes, this person does.  Reid is a fantastic player when you are winning.  Let's see him play 90 minutes when we need to come back against a good team.

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Very true but I think we've seen teams as bad as Bolton at AG this season under Cotts and most went home with at least a point. 

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

Got to be honest - thought he was our least effective player today tho in fairness we were generally decent across the board

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Got to be honest - thought he was our least effective player today tho in fairness we were generally decent across the board

Really. I haven't always been a huge BR fan but he certainly affected the game today and at Fulham last week. He seems to have the same understanding as Tomlin and PO and certainly linked up with them well. I hoped he would keep his place today and place Freeman on the bench as he deserved to do so. Everything clicked today and it was great to see. 

Bolton were poor, the poorest team we've seen yet perhaps but that win would have given us confidence. We look a much improved team since Tomlin arrived and settled in, and now with the addition of the again impressive Odemwinghie  bringing out the best in players like Bobby Reid it can only be a good thing.

Tomlin and Odemwinghie are class players for sure and I noticed the car park is again filling up with Porsche's so they don't come cheap, but what price is failure?

Archived