IGNORED

Well Done Warnock

DT The Optimist

Many users of this forum really had it in for Warnock when names were being bandied about concerning Cotts replacement. (Likewise LJ arriving here).  However, you have to hand it to the bloke, he has turned Rotherham around with the run they are on have got a great shout of retaining Championship status.

He earned my respect after the Palace play off game 2007 era at the gate when we beat them to get to wembley.  You may recall a pitch invasion of celebration at the end, but during this celebration he was subject to an assault when a 'fan' punched him.  He could have dropped BCFC right in the mire, but instead 'brushed it off'.  He also went into the City dressing room after the game and wished City luck in the play off final and told us to go and win it now (bloody Dean Windas).  I for one have got a bit of time for the bloke (and his book is a cracking read, read it on holiday last year) and hope rotherham stay up ! (after we beat em of course:shifty:)

Totally agree 

Like The bloke - always talks about our fans passion when we are mentioned on radio and always  laughs as he says what a hard time he gets at AG

Never heard him say anything than good about us in recent years

Will be very surprised if he's not still at Rotherham this time next year

Happy for Rotherham to stay up too - used to do a bit of work for them and were a very friendly club and staff

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Totally agree 

Like The bloke - always talks about our fans passion when we are mentioned on radio and always  laughs as he says what a hard time he gets at AG

Never heard him say anything than good about us in recent years

I like him too.

He doesn't seem to slate referees as much as he used to; I think this was the main reason for getting a lot of people's backs up.

He has always praised us as fans as well, despite getting punched, as noted above !

I certainly don't dislike him, and his influence speaks for itself - Rotherham's form shows what an impact he can have.

Just didn't fancy him in as coach here; as he's said himself, he's not planning on being around football management that much longer, and I wanted us to appoint someone for the longer term.  Think we've done well on that front.

I'd wager he'll keep Rotherham up, and indeed would be happy to see it; have a soft spot for the Millers ever since the game we played them when they went down and we went up - the fact they are at this level is impressive; proper underdogs.

Plus if m staying up sees MK Franchise or Fulham go to league one, I'd not shed a tear; no love for either of them TBH.

Hate the bloke myself.

Yes he gets results and gets the players winning games , but what will happen to Rotherham afterwards ?

Glad he is not our manager. He will be only short term .

With Lee Johnson , we have a bright young manager with new ideas and he is our manager now and for the future.

If Rotherham go down or stay up , they still have to search for a new manager . We already have one installed for next season 

and already looking at new players.

Yes a real football character. I remember the goal scored against us under Gary Johnson think it was Crystal Palace hit the inside of the net/metal frame came straight out, ref missed it but it was a goal.(All City fans knew it was a goal)but not given. Very funny Neil Warnock went ballistic on the touchline. He is a marmite character but fair play has turned Rotherham around, football needs people like him.

2 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

He's one of those figures in football that I love to hate. A sort of pantomime villain that's it's fun to dislike and who seems to love and thrive on opposition fans feeling that way about him.

Oh no he isn't

A lot of people see their results and say "why didn't we appoint him" however don't forget Johnson has done a very similar turn around as Warnock and isn't getting no where near the same amount of plaudits in my opinion. Yes we have the better players but you can only just what you're given as they say. 

Fair play to Warnock though.

2 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

He's one of those figures in football that I love to hate. A sort of pantomime villain that's it's fun to dislike and who seems to love and thrive on opposition fans feeling that way about him.

He's behind us .

And may that always be so.

However wrong SL has got it with his Managerial appointments at least he tries to get someone in with a view to the long term and building the club. The day he appoints the likes of Warnock will prove he's run out of ideas and has lost his way.

#screwarnock

3 hours ago, Selred said:

A lot of people see their results and say "why didn't we appoint him" however don't forget Johnson has done a very similar turn around as Warnock and isn't getting no where near the same amount of plaudits in my opinion. Yes we have the better players but you can only just what you're given as they say. 

Fair play to Warnock though.

Johnston has actually done better I believe

I would have had Warnock in a heartbeat in January and we can all now see why. Yes LJ has started well and Pembo has been awesome since SC went and I am feeling good about the remainder of the season, however what Warnock has done at Rovrum is kin to a miracle. Fair play now let's stuff him out of site in two weeks!

3 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Not sure this is correct, how can you get to 22 possible points from 3 points per game ?

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I'm sure you meant 14 out of possible 24 for Warnock?! Not sure 22 is divisible by 3.....

Thank you for correcting me gents! Don't think I'll ever grace the nickname of statto anytime soon! 

7 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

Many users of this forum really had it in for Warnock when names were being bandied about concerning Cotts replacement. (Likewise LJ arriving here).  However, you have to hand it to the bloke, he has turned Rotherham around with the run they are on have got a great shout of retaining Championship status.

He earned my respect after the Palace play off game 2007 era at the gate when we beat them to get to wembley.  You may recall a pitch invasion of celebration at the end, but during this celebration he was subject to an assault when a 'fan' punched him.  He could have dropped BCFC right in the mire, but instead 'brushed it off'.  He also went into the City dressing room after the game and wished City luck in the play off final and told us to go and win it now (bloody Dean Windas).  I for one have got a bit of time for the bloke (and his book is a cracking read, read it on holiday last year) and hope rotherham stay up ! (after we beat em of course:shifty:)

Agreed, and I also agree that his book is a cracking read.

When I skimmed through Colin's book in whsmith's, there were certainly one or two lines that raised an eyebrow. Not that Neil would've raised an eyebrow himself, of course 

BHunmqLCQAAsHbF.jpg.fa3ed90376d9970c88cf

I hope he has reason to raise "them" when we do battle in a couple of weeks. It should be a hair and eyebrow raising evening all round

Archived