IGNORED

Well Done Warnock

DT The Optimist

14 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

When I skimmed through Colin's book in whsmith's, there were certainly one or two lines that raised an eyebrow. Not that Neil would've raised an eyebrow himself, of course 

BHunmqLCQAAsHbF.jpg.fa3ed90376d9970c88cf

I hope he has reason to raise "them" when we do battle in a couple of weeks. It should be a hair and eyebrow raising evening all round

You never see him and Mrs Doubtfire on the same MOTD sofa do you?

There was a guy called Warnock
Who some thought was a cock
So some called him Colin
Because of his hollering
Just how can we like Warnock

Damn that poetry post, I'm now thinking in Limericks :grr:

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

LJ has never managed a team to relegation. NW has. 

This is very true and also in the years that LJ has been managing he has had more success than Warnock, in fact Warnock has been sacked twice since LJ started his managerial career.

I think the term 'hate' is a word that sadly is used more and more these days, lets stop it people. For me Colin is a football manager who gets jobs done most but not all of the times, he is a character and we need them in this world of managers names we cant pronounce. Would have been happy to see him here after SC went in the short term and openly admit I didn't want LJ, I didn't want him but I didn't hate him and if he proves his ability, will be more than happy. Hate ?????? leave that word to the extremists please.

Are you guys SERIOUSLY comparing Colin with Lee??

:grr:

Colin has - at a rough guess - 90% monkey (baboon) gene.

Admittedly, Lee has some monkey gene, but no more than 5% MAXIMUM.

There really isn't a comparison to make, based on these stats, now is there??

Really guys!

Uncle TFR

The Rotherham season ticket holders at work certainly seem to feel he's given them a bit of steel, but they also say he's been outrageously lucky. I appreciate that 'you make your own luck' and all that, but every week seems to be 'te opposition missed some absolute sitters and should have won'. That said, all that'll matter at the end of the season is whether they get relegated or not and Warnock will get the credit or the criticism regardless of how it came about

3 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

The Rotherham season ticket holders at work certainly seem to feel he's given them a bit of steel, but they also say he's been outrageously lucky. I appreciate that 'you make your own luck' and all that, but every week seems to be 'te opposition missed some absolute sitters and should have won'. That said, all that'll matter at the end of the season is whether they get relegated or not and Warnock will get the credit or the criticism regardless of how it came about

Lucky or not they are on an incredible run that I never though possible even if they tempted Sir Alex out of retirement!!

44 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Neil Warnock's managerial career spans 36 years - so this is a dreadfully unfair comparison - and you're forgetting his SEVEN promotions?

If we want a manager that lives on his past glories why not dig up Cloughie?  And his last promotion was 5 years ago. He's been sacked twice since then!

On 20 March 2016 at 13:33, kiwicolin said:

Hate the bloke myself.

Yes he gets results and gets the players winning games , but what will happen to Rotherham afterwards ?

Glad he is not our manager. He will be only short term .

With Lee Johnson , we have a bright young manager with new ideas and he is our manager now and for the future.

If Rotherham go down or stay up , they still have to search for a new manager . We already have one installed for next season 

and already looking at new players.

You may well be correct about LJ, however his job has been made easier by the superb work done by Pembo.

With a pre season and some money to spend I'm sure that the wee man will slowly, but surely make next season a little more of a gentle ride, I think mid-table will be where we shall finish, with a view of the play offs within 2-3 seasons.

As for Mr Warnock, personally I find him entertaining and a dying breed of old school football which I miss, I'm hoping he succeeds in his work at Rotherham, hopefully at the expense of MK Franchise.

• Admin
1 hour ago, YorkshireSection said:

You may well be correct about LJ, however his job has been made easier by the superb work done by Pembo.

With a pre season and some money to spend I'm sure that the wee man will slowly, but surely make next season a little more of a gentle ride, I think mid-table will be where we shall finish, with a view of the play offs within 2-3 seasons.

As for Mr Warnock, personally I find him entertaining and a dying breed of old school football which I miss, I'm hoping he succeeds in his work at Rotherham, hopefully at the expense of MK Franchise.

Exactly that

Warnock would have been a real short term appointment, as long as we stay up this season LJ should prove to be an ideal long term appointment

As much as I personally can't stand the "suit talk" from Mark Ashton, there is no denying the calibre of player is better since his appointment - things really could be on the up this summer

2 hours ago, Big C said:

If we want a manager that lives on his past glories why not dig up Cloughie?  And his last promotion was 5 years ago. He's been sacked twice since then!

I only ever wanted Warnock on a short term deal until the end of the season to try and keep us up - as I said loads of times on here.

I thought that would give us time to search properly for the right manager to help us progress in this division.

I can't recall anyone on here suggesting LJ was that man when we were discussing potential successors to Cotts - and yet suddenly people are saying LJ has a better record than Warnock.

Which is simply ridiculous when NW is in the 4th decade of his managerial career with a clear track record of success.

And he's not doing too bad a job at trying to keep Rotherham up is he? 

4 hours ago, wallaceboy said:

Johnston who does he manage? 

He manages Tomlinson, Jonathan Kodger, Bobby Reed, Wilberham and O'Donnell - among others.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

And he's not doing too bad a job at trying to keep Rotherham up is he? 

And Lee isn't doing a bad job in keeping us up either. Lee wouldn't have been my first choice either but I would have chosen him over Warnock. What's a point of short term deal? If we had gone for that we probably would have ended up watching Fatty Kenny in goal instead of the players we have bought in. Lee is an up and coming manager who can build bridges for next season now, Warnock is on the decline and if we had got him on a short term deal then any new manager would have to start from scratch again in the Summer. 

Archived