IGNORED

U21's tonight

Port Said Red

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

They did... http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/u21-in-action-at-ashton-gate-tonight-3019527.aspx

Plus it was on FB and Twitter...not sure what else they can do fella tbh.

1-0 down to Coventry...Ayling, Waggy and Williams all playing.

The balcony boys?

12 minutes ago, spudski said:

They did... http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/u21-in-action-at-ashton-gate-tonight-3019527.aspx

Plus it was on FB and Twitter...not sure what else they can do fella tbh.

1-0 down to Coventry...Ayling, Waggy and Williams all playing.

Email me. DUH!! 

Seriously though, it's a shame if I don't see it on Facebook I've got no chance. Even then they could have done it on say Friday and given me a chance to see it. I don't get to my phone until about 5 and that is if I go on FB. Why not an email to members and ST holders? Would love to get the full benefits of my ST

7 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Email me. DUH!! 

Seriously though, it's a shame if I don't see it on Facebook I've got no chance. Even then they could have done it on say Friday and given me a chance to see it. I don't get to my phone until about 5 and that is if I go on FB. Why not an email to members and ST holders? Would love to get the full benefits of my ST

Haha...You've got to be a little pro active fella and not rely on the Club to do everything for you. Seek and you shall be rewarded ;-)

Coventry much the better side tonight and deservedly won by a decent margin. We managed very little in the way of testing efforts, their keeper had very little to do all game. Waggy floated in and out of the game, took couple of hits early on which never seemingly recovered from. Ayling looks rusty and looks to need game time. Williams looked lost a LB. Morrell best of full time 21's, showed real glimpses of quality at times.

Nice to see LJ, Pembo and a handful of first team squad there too to support the youngsters - nice touch. 

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Haha...You've got to be a little pro active fella and not rely on the Club to do everything for you. Seek and you shall be rewarded ;-)

I gave them £860 for 2 ST. I should be rewarded for that. I know what you're saying though but U21 are so far from my mind most of the time and not at Ashton Gate that it's not in my mind to look. 

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I think a weekly email with all the youth team/women's/Rugby/Flyers/tiddlywinks fixtures wouldn't hurt and wouldn't require much to do.

Not everyone uses Facebook and Twitter, surely if even 5 more people thought of attending the u21 game last night because of a quick weekly email to the database once a week it's worth doing imo.

I do think though it's an area that's really improved over the last 18 months, I'm not a rugby fan or a follower of the women's side but still see how they are getting on as the Bristol Sport social media sites report on all the teams pretty well.

18 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I gave them £860 for 2 ST. I should be rewarded for that. I know what you're saying though but U21 are so far from my mind most of the time and not at Ashton Gate that it's not in my mind to look. 

If putting it on every official club media outlet isn't enough to keep you informed as 'it's not in your mind' to look up when the games are, I'd say you're probably not that interested anyway! 

23 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

If putting it on every official club media outlet isn't enough to keep you informed as 'it's not in your mind' to look up when the games are, I'd say you're probably not that interested anyway! 

I didn't know i was interested until I knew it was at the Gate! It'd have been nice to see some of the younger ones. They send me an email when they want more money but they don't send me one saying I can watch the kids for free. They could do more even if they've done enough in most of your minds. They've also posted it 5 hours before kickoff which is my biggest gripe. Post it the day before at the least. 

28 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think a weekly email with all the youth team/women's/Rugby/Flyers/tiddlywinks fixtures wouldn't hurt and wouldn't require much to do.

Not everyone uses Facebook and Twitter, surely if even 5 more people thought of attending the u21 game last night because of a quick weekly email to the database once a week it's worth doing imo.

I do think though it's an area that's really improved over the last 18 months, I'm not a rugby fan or a follower of the women's side but still see how they are getting on as the Bristol Sport social media sites report on all the teams pretty well.

Then write to Bristol Sport / Bristol City with your ideas.

32 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I didn't know i was interested until I knew it was at the Gate! It'd have been nice to see some of the younger ones. They send me an email when they want more money but they don't send me one saying I can watch the kids for free. They could do more even if they've done enough in most of your minds. They've also posted it 5 hours before kickoff which is my biggest gripe. Post it the day before at the least. 

They could always do more. But if you wanted to take an interest in the Under-21s, so could you.

Ok you might not have known they were playing today until 5 hours before, but I'm guessing you knew we had an Under-21 team before that and their fixture list has been in pretty plain view on the website and programme all season...

I'd be tempted to pop to a few u21 games if it didn't fall on a Monday night when I play 5 a side   . Really shouldn't matter about the results but the performance although of course won't do the team any good if constantly thrashed.  

Out of interrest those that do go regularly would you say the standard has upped since having academy cat 2?

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I do agree to an extent fella.

The Academy should have more exposure and articles and videos with the people their.

The Academy website is a complete waste of time imo.

Updates would be good. I know it's on the main website, twitter and there are match reports.

I do agree more could be done. We are after all...A club not just a first team.

I personally get more from watching development football than I do the first team. I'm in a small minority I know...but it's great watching players develop and improve week in week out.

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

I do agree to an extent fella.

The Academy should have more exposure and articles and videos with the people their.

The Academy website is a complete waste of time imo.

Updates would be good. I know it's on the main website, twitter and there are match reports.

I do agree more could be done. We are after all...A club not just a first team.

I personally get more from watching development football than I do the first team. I'm in a small minority I know...but it's great watching players develop and improve week in week out.

Would be really good to have more videos and exposure, that interview with Wade earlier this season was great. At a hunch, I would guess him and LJ get on well. Similar ages, both midfielders, both reasonably short(!).

Good to hear that LJ attended last night. Would be good to get some continuity with the academy, wonder if Wade will be poached wherever SC ends up next?

Well, The Academy supporters are a tadge quiet today.

So, we now have a manager, Director of Operations,  Club fully behind 'progression' and a 'pathway', morale with the 'graduates' should be at an all time high. Yet, this week a 'graduate starlet' moves permanently to Bath City following a well-worn 'pathway', our development squad get hammered by Col. Utd and Coventry City, our Academy Manager leaves.

So what's the excuse this week?  We fielded a team of under 9's against adults, they had more first team squad members than us (we had 3) .....? 

Seriously, The Academy must be running out of excuses now. 

A clue. Some chap on his debut from the lower leagues ripped us apart last night. Young, hungry and desperate to succeed no doubt. 

27 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

So, we now have a manager, Director of Operations,  Club fully behind 'progression' and a 'pathway', morale with the 'graduates' should be at an all time high. Yet, this week a 'graduate starlet' moves permanently to Bath City following a well-worn 'pathway', our development squad get hammered by Col. Utd and Coventry City, our Academy Manager leaves.

So what's the excuse this week?  We fielded a team of under 9's against adults, they had more first team squad members than us (we had 3) .....? 

A clue. Some chap on his debut from the lower leagues ripped us apart last night. Young, hungry and desperate to succeed no doubt. 

I am an Academy supporter and it is really very simple - the club (like always) looks to do things on the cheap. It isn't just about facilities it is down to scouting marketing and coaching. We lag behind because we are and always have been shite in these areas. If Mr Lansdown wants to generate talent from within then he needs to compete and to do that he needs to invest.

23 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

The difference being...you have the likes of Kodjia being technically inept...yet still able to score a good amount of goals in the Championship.

Forget the result...the team playing tonight are never going to play together in the Championship.

It's individual performances that will get noticed over a season....not the academy 'team'.

It's decision making, performances by the individual that will get noticed over a period of time....and whether they can step up to the next level.

Too much is defined by results....I can gaurentee that the majority of tonights Coventry team wont make it....yet they still won 4-0....so what?

As a scout or coach, you look at personal development, not 'team' performance.

Get down there and watch for yourself...you might then see the difference.

48 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

sorry you must of missed the fact the bryan goldborne and ried are playing for the first team you know academy graduates? what about skuse? he's making a pretty good living after graduating, Burns is coming along, 

the academny isn't about results nether is youth team football its  about player develpment and the sooner people get that the better

22 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I am an Academy supporter and it is really very simple - the club (like always) looks to do things on the cheap. It isn't just about facilities it is down to scouting marketing and coaching. We lag behind because we are and always have been shite in these areas. If Mr Lansdown wants to generate talent from within then he needs to compete and to do that he needs to invest.

you mean ontop of the millions he's already invested to get level 2 status

This doing things on the cheap is complete and utter bullshit

Archived