IGNORED

Steve Cotterill

RedM

Inbetween Uni I work at Sports direct in debenhams in town, seen him a couple of times. Came in the store once and managed to shake his hand and thank him for everything he has done for the club (dragging us from near relegation to league two to storming our way into the championship is an incredible feat) . He was more than happy to talk and seemed very chilled relaxed and happy to give me the time of day! Lovely guy, was great to see him smiling again! 

Thanks for all the sightings reports, I hadn't heard anything about him  since he went, good to hear he's relaxed and happy again. He looked terribly strained the last few games he was in charge, certainly wasn't good for him or us.

Had to imagine him squirming a little though when the commentators were saying that Swindon didn't have a plan B and they stuck too rigidly to plan A and didn't look like they could change.

2 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

This season or last?

He is old news. Isn't he?

Live in the present, not the past. He showed the limits of his ability this year. Thank Christ he lost it and got the chop.

If he hadn't where would we be now?

To be fair, the title of this thread could not have been clearer who it was going to be about. If you didn't want to read or comment on it then you didn't have to if he bothers you as much as he appears to.

Please please don't mention SC in the same sentence as John Atyeo.  I guess you never saw John play, but for those of us who did he represents absolutely everything we like about City.  Goodness alone knows how much Atyeo would be worth in the transfer market today.

7 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

This season or last?

He is old news. Isn't he?

Live in the present, not the past. He showed the limits of his ability this year. Thank Christ he lost it and got the chop.

If he hadn't where would we be now?

Each to their own but to me when you follow a club like city there often seem to be more downs than ups. Last season under SC was one of the best I can remember in supporting city over many many years. Bradford away being one of the best nights ever and I see nothing wrong in giving SC full credit for the significant  part he played in that. 

8 minutes ago, kivsy said:

I have got a lot of time for cotts and what he did for the club, likeable and always happy to chat about football , only criticism was stubborness 352 , but that's been done to death.  I wish him well. And this is coming from me who wasn't happy with his initial appointment!! 

I agree fully, seems some people want to erase all history and live for today which is pretty weird.

7 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Please please don't mention SC in the same sentence as John Atyeo.  I guess you never saw John play, but for those of us who did he represents absolutely everything we like about City.  Goodness alone knows how much Atyeo would be worth in the transfer market today.

Firstly please show me exactly where I was comparing the 2? and then read what I was replying to, it was a complete sentence, which suggests that we forget history and only live for today, which is just plain stupid.

PS:- I watched Big John play for 11 seasons, so that's another thing wrong in your post.

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I can't see a sentence in this thread including the names Cotterill and Atyeo?!

18 minutes ago, RedM said:

Thanks for all the sightings reports, I hadn't heard anything about him  since he went, good to hear he's relaxed and happy again. He looked terribly strained the last few games he was in charge, certainly wasn't good for him or us.

Had to imagine him squirming a little though when the commentators were saying that Swindon didn't have a plan B and they stuck too rigidly to plan A and didn't look like they could change.

Agreed, he was stressed out near the end and I think this led to poor decision making which didn't happen the season before. Certainly took the club up a long way in a short period of time, but he could have done better this season if the summer transfer fiasco hadn't happened, I've still no idea who messed that up. He will have learnt from the experience and do a good job at another club.

Archived