IGNORED

Steve Cotterill

RedM

The next, or third, head coach/manager to take us up into the top flight of English football is guaranteed "legend" status, I would say. There will be another one, right?

The next, or second, head coach/manager to take us to the FA Cup final probably the same.

I would willingly confer "legend" status on Steve Lansdown for the first of the above, if it were to happen under his watch.

If any head coach/manager ever takes us to our highest league placing or betters our best FA Cup run, I don't think "legend" will cover it and we'll need another word. We've got time to come up with one for that. No rush...

57 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, I think all of us have our own individual City 'legends' and no two lists will ever be the same...

Yeah your right. Legends for me were Gerry Sharpe and Paul Cheesley, not for what they achieved but for what they were capable of if  injury hadn't robbed them of  there best years in football.

Gerry was my first real hero down the gate and even at a young age I could see he could do things with the ball that others couldn't.

Cheese well what a player he could have become. Paul  Mariner (Plymouth,Ipswich) was a great striker and played plenty of times for England.

Cheese i.m.o was up there with Mariner and wele never know how far he could have gone.

So for me you don't have to play 400 games or win us the league to be a legend at Bristol City.

Archived