IGNORED

We absolutely have to sign Kemar Roofe

reddogkev

3 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

Speaking of dack, he has done jack all since our interest in Jan. I haven't heard sight or sound of him. Unless he is injured, it suggests he may not be consistent enough....

I thought i saw he'd been injured so probably that. 

1 hour ago, PeterStyvarsRightFoot said:

Seen him play 5 times this season, scored in all 5 games and got man of the match in 3.... Reminds me of a young Frank lampard!

Sounds more like our Korey, doesn't he get MOTM whenever he's fit.

11 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

He may well be a good signing but more importantly reddog, I absolutely think you have been watching too much Charlie and Lola. 

Ha Ha, you must be right, I did wonder why I had started drinking so much pink milkshake recently.

The question is though, will Roofe dominate at Wembley tomorrow, and will LJ be there to watch?

I suspect he'll be there under the guise of watching his old Barnsley boys.

4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Ha Ha, you must be right, I did wonder why I had started drinking so much pink milkshake recently.

The question is though, will Roofe dominate at Wembley tomorrow, and will LJ be there to watch?

I suspect he'll be there under the guise of watching his old Barnsley boys.

Yes, he will, been invited as a guest of Barnsley. Turned down the chance to do the TV summarising as he wants to run the rule over "3 or 4 players".

20 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Yes, he will, been invited as a guest of Barnsley. Turned down the chance to do the TV summarising as he wants to run the rule over "3 or 4 players".

I thought as much, wonder who the 3 or 4 players are? No doubt the names have been mentioned on here previously, like Winnal and Hourihane etc.  I'd imagine that Roofe will be one of the guys he assess.

Thinking about the Barnsley players, surely he wouldn't need to run the rule over them; he must know them inside and out.

Alfie Mawson will be a top defender in the future. He cut his cloth in league football and won't be hugely expensive in comparison to say Maguire. Perfect time to be signing him. 

Not looking a whole of Barnsley but certain individuals will get better in a better team which is something we can offer.

as mentioned, roofe is also a must signing as he would appear to be the next big thing to come from lower leagues. He fits our requirement of a goal scoring midfielder perfectly and would certainly push freeman for a starting place

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 09:32, reddogkev said:

Now, despite the title of this thread, in slightly controversial fashion I've never seen him play, as I don't have the opportunity to catch any League 2 football, yet from everything I've read about him on here, and scanning several match reports, and considering his goal-scoring exploits, I reckon he is a must have for next season.

I know a whole host of other clubs will feel the same, and no doubt Oxford will wish to retain his talents, but I would make a big splash for him in the summer.

Can't wait to see what he does at Wembley on Sunday (probably nothing of note now I've said this).

Do you feel he's ready for the Championship, and what will he be worth?  I'd say we'd have to spend at least 3.5 million.

So? Did you watch? Was he any good? on tenterhooks here :whistle:

What about Ollie Watkins at Exeter? His first goal on Saturday should be have been credited as an OG by the keeper but his second was superb. It seems it only takes one goal like this to start a clamour to sign a player, so lets see.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-two/10227787/exeter-2-1-plymouth

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Terrible! And people complain about our scouting network, RDK you are sacked from your unofficial scouting role...... :)

Surely, having still not seen him play, that makes RDK superbly qualified to give a definitive judgement either way, in the time honoured OTIB tradition.

Archived