IGNORED

how league clubs monitor non-league football for player recruitment

spudski

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

Thanks for these podcasts Spudski, they are fascinating. I am only shocked so few seem to have taken up your link, as it would explain in great detail what goes on behind the scenes.

I actually liked this one 

https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/show/scout7/id/2536196

Where they talk about the characteristics needed for top players now and in the future. Any notion of unfit super stars wandering around (JET style) have no place in a side now. When they talked about Dortmund vs Arsenal , and how two Dortmund players out wide did 1300 m of high intensity sprinting ( the used to see that once a season maybe now every week), you get the idea of where the game is going. Also big emphasis on player intelligence, the ability to read the game, and to manage phases , where you go from defence to attack to defence. The technical skills are a given, physical ability as big as ever , the ability for defenders to defend one on one still needed, but the intensity and ability to cover ground is huge. Therefore the mental part becomes vital. I think any fan should listen to it, as it explains where we will need to be going with our next recruitment. Then they talk about coaching, the lack of coaches in the UK, and our poor level of coaching levels. 

You're welcome mate...indeed they are very informative,, and can give a better knowledge about the workings of the game now.

2 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Everyone on here seems to moan and groan, about everything, but these podcasts would assist them  in understanding better the game, and the player requirements needed. Seems a shame few have followed up on this little gem. Liverpool have 55 scouts in the North West alone...Also the comments on coaching and the overall weakness in England of coaching numbers an quality. It's an area I feel we are still lacking (youth to first) and would like to see us go to a tier 1 Academy. 

We live in a society of short quotes these days BW...I think many people don't have the inclination or have the time to listen to such informative material.

But like you say...it would definitely help when giving opinion or getting involved in debate, if a little more understanding of how clubs were run these days was taken on board.

I often squirm when reading certain posts on here...knowing that certain players, coach's, Scouts and even owner and wife read this forum.

I've been guilty myself of letting my mouth run away with me.

On 02/04/2016 at 23:33, spudski said:

We live in a society of short quotes these days BW...I think many people don't have the inclination or have the time to listen to such informative material.

But like you say...it would definitely help when giving opinion or getting involved in debate, if a little more understanding of how clubs were run these days was taken on board.

I often squirm when reading certain posts on here...knowing that certain players, coach's, Scouts and even owner and wife read this forum.

I've been guilty myself of letting my mouth run away with me.

Is this podcast, or something similar, done weekly? Or is it just now and then? 

City do watch non league for sure. We were very close to getting a cracking lad from Dorchester Town and BT went to watch a fee times . In the end was a toss up between I us and Brighton. He chose Brighton over us unfortunately. 

Archived