IGNORED

The Official Hull City v Bristol City Match Day Thread

Extremely poor half. We are at our worst when we sit back & invite pressure, we don't have the players to do that effectively.

Hull doing what any team with a couple of good forwards should do which is push them both right up on our 2 centre backs who are not mobile or fleet of foot. This is causing major problems and allowing their midfield players to overload hence why we are under constant pressure.

Anyway, nothing to lose now. For the 5 minutes before the second goal we had 2/3 good scoring chances, when we kept possession & played positively. Let's hope LJ has them come out with that positive mentality and changes it up a little.

1 minute ago, otib118 said:

2nd goal came from Kodjia being so greedy...SHOCK!

Funny; I thought it came from shit marking - at least Kodjia's involed; half the side have been anonymous. 

Tomlin and PO are too wide and being kept out of the thick of it by Hull.

Their best players are Huddlestone and Snodgrass, yet we seem to give them all the time and space they want; no pressing, no pressure.

If Smith is fit, get him on.  Reid hasn't don't anything wrong as such, but hadn't effected the game much other than winning free kicks - Smith on, Bryan out left, PO tucked inside, and after 10/15 throw on Wilbs for Kodjia if we've got nothing.

We've done well at switching things up at the break before; let's see if we can rise to this challenge.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, otib118 said:

2nd goal came from Kodjia being so greedy...SHOCK!

I thought he should've tried to play in PO. Had a poor angle to shoot. Not sure if he could've got it to PO but seemed safer option unless Kodjia tries the chip which when he signed we saw he can do it. 

17 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Bastard Rotherham 1 up

Yep, the 'dinosaur,' ridiculously widely-despised, apparently 'crap' manager Mr Warnock is currently beating Leeds.

His team has won four and drawn one of the last five before today - beating Ipswich, Sheff Wed, Middlesboro and Brentford and coming from three down to draw with Derby - and people on here didn't even want him at our club on a short term deal...clueless...

• Like 7

Hull looking pretty good with our help.

Odonnell two saves and last ditch tackle, poor marking at a corner and a horror pass out of defence.

Other end, poor passing , offside goal and a disappointing miss. 

Can't argue with the score really, but Baker looks like he's on the beach already. SG has his hands full, if we can tighten up at the back I think we could cause them problems, just a little too late though I think.

2 minutes ago, samo II said:

Funny; I thought it came from shit marking - at least Kodjia's involed; half the side have been anonymous. 

Tomlin and PO are too wide and being kept out of the thick of it by Hull.

Their best players are Huddlestone and Snodgrass, yet we seem to give them all the time and space they want; no pressing, no pressure.

If Smith is fit, get him on.  Reid hasn't don't anything wrong as such, but hadn't effected the game much other than winning free kicks - Smith on, Bryan out left, PO tucked inside, and after 10/15 throw on Wilbs for Kodjia if we've got nothing.

We've done well at switching things up at the break before; let's see if we can rise to this challenge.

I'm ok with losing this. Hull are basically a prem side looking to go right back up. Save Korey for Tuesday when we really need him. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, the 'dinosaur,' ridiculously widely-despised, apparently 'crap' manager Mr Warnock is currently beating Leeds.

His team has won four and drawn one of the last five before today - beating Ipswich, Sheff Wed, Middlesboro and Brentford and coming from three down to draw with Derby - and people on here didn't even want him at our club on a short term deal...clueless...

He is a ******* dinosaur, LJ will keep us no problem at all and we will have a young hungry manager in place for the start of the season. Who will Rotherham have and how much will it have cost them to pay into Colin's retirement plan and then recruit someone new and do it all over again?

7 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

it came because Baker is the worst player on the field at the moment, he is having a mare and our midfield are struggling to pass water.

in fact looking at it again Baker is at fault for both goals.

Absolutely agree; he looks bamboozled by their attack.

Thought he'd pulled off a wonder tackle earlier, but then realised it was Pack, and then realised Baker was miles out of position.

Reorganise, refresh and go at them second half; early goal might turn this crowd, as if they are groaning at passes backward, lord knows what they'll be like if we score.

Also; people slagging Kodjia - where the hell is his support?  There is a reason he ends up over playing it; if his options stand behind opposition players, how on earth can he pass to them.

Get Tomlin and PO to tuck in/central; Hull are are playing with forward thinking midfielders, so let's see how they handle a little like-for-like in there.

Word for O'Donnell too; should be 4-0 - not at fault for those goals, and pulled off two cracking saves.  Hope he gives reads the riot act in the dressing room.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Here's the biggest shocker of the day... We're 2 down and the sky is falling in on otib. You guys never let me down. 

Here's the bigger shocker, yes Hull are a good side and probably have the best midfield in the championship, but both goals were actually preventable and I suspect that LJ will be livid and quite rightly so, so why can't we be?, the standard that has LJ has set has not been met today and I think we are entitled to ask why, it could have been a lot worse and is likely to to end as so, unless Baker takes his head out of his arse and the midfield step up to the plate.

Aluko has skipped past Baker all too easily several times. Baker looks far from a player we would wish to sign permanently today.

Bobby Reid is almost non existent, Smith or Freeman asap please LJ.

We could have been 2-1 up before Hull's 2nd, awful awareness from JK for the disallowed goal and a very weak toe poke later when he should have scored.

We look more than capable of scoring, but Baker is having such a poor game and the midfield is so weak defensively that even if we get the 2 goals back Hull could quite easily score another 3.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Hull will be shyting themselves now as they know 2-0 is a dangerous score .

:yes:

Not quite right Major.

It's a dangerous score when we are leading 2-0. It's a completely safe scoreline when our opposition is leading 2-0.

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I'm ok with losing this. Hull are basically a prem side looking to go right back up. Save Korey for Tuesday when we really need him. 

Can't really argue with this; would probably do the same with Wilbs, if I didn't think/know he'll bust a gut today AND Tuesday if called on.

Just be nice to at least get a goal; need to avoid confidence built up vanishing before Warnock comes to town...

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Here's the biggest shocker of the day... We're 2 down and the sky is falling in on otib. You guys never let me down. 

I know, right?

Forget half the Hull team are Prem-level players and ex or current internationals; losing two bill means we must be crap.

As @JoeAman08says; losing this match isn't the end of the world - Tuesday is a significantly more important.  Nice to play a little better next half, mind you.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Never OK with losing but didn`t expect anything else today TBH. Even if MK win, it`s still 4pts outside the bottom 3. Still, 45 to go, anything can happen

We'd still be 5 clear. Fulham would drop in on 38.