IGNORED

What to expect on Tuesday

The Original OTIB

4 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

A loss? They are one of the leagues in form teams and we don't have the metal to be consistent enough

Hull's form was poor before they played us though while ours was pretty good. Something about form being temporary and class being permanent seems to fit here imo. Not saying it'll won't be a hard game but clearly we should be aiming to beat Rotherham and if we don't we deserve to be in trouble.

Hi, Miller fan here; The OP is absolutely spot on. That is exactly how we play both home and away.

The best result for you guys is to get a quick goal.

We arent shabby at pulling players behind the ball and we have also managed to sort out a decent counter attack but have been using Derbyshire down the left wing (oddly enough)  for this who is now suspended. I expect Danny ward will play now with Best...

Id given up On Bristol City being part of this crap and I still think so. Ill be very happy with a point and same against MK Dons on Saturday,

Good luck.

1 hour ago, IAN said:

Hi, Miller fan here; The OP is absolutely spot on. That is exactly how we play both home and away.

We arent shabby at pulling players behind the ball and we have also managed to sort out a decent counter attack but have been using Derbyshire down the left wing (oddly enough)  for this who is now suspended. I expect Danny ward will play now with Best...

Id given up On Bristol City being part of this crap and I still think so. Ill be very happy with a point and same against MK Dons on Saturday,

Good luck.

Thanks for this insight. We like to start quickly and when we do win at home it tends to have been after an early goal has settled us down, Bolton an example of what we can do when our tails are up.

Sounds like the first 25-30 mins could be crucial in this one, if it's 0-0 and we start to look frustrated the game could turn in Rotherham's favour

On a slightly different note - disappointing to see tickets are still available (in the Atyeo) for what is probably our biggest game of the season so far.  I know we like to say how often we've sold out this season, but we don't sell out very quickly, and this doesn't suggest to me we're going to get anywhere near 27k next season without significant reduction in match ticket prices.

I wouldn't have Ayling anywhere near the starting 11. Has looked lost in the final third if we were to play him in the middle, and Matthews is a better right back. Front two of Kodjia and Odemwingie with Tomlin in behind with a flat three across the centre is the way I would go. Combination of Pack/Reid/Bryan/Smith if fit.

• Admin
2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

On a slightly different note - disappointing to see tickets are still available (in the Atyeo) for what is probably our biggest game of the season so far.  I know we like to say how often we've sold out this season, but we don't sell out very quickly, and this doesn't suggest to me we're going to get anywhere near 27k next season without significant reduction in match ticket prices.

The tickets in the Atyeo are for blocks N38 / N39 (157 left)

Dolman sold out

11 left around the South Stand

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

The tickets in the Atyeo are for blocks N38 / N39 (157 left)

Dolman sold out

11 left around the South Stand

Yep.  Tickets have been on sale for 5 weeks and this has been looking like a massive game for all of that time.  Suggests an interest level a million miles from 27k.

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Rotherham, know your place .

Now we are all happy for plucky small clubs to have their day in the  sun but Tuesday night is serious so enjoy your evening and don't be too upset when you are taught a footballing lesson.

Off you trot there's good fellows .

Yes, I am not expecting us to beat you. There is something about your form and certainly since LJ, that makes you seem very unpredictable. I know the quality of your team is much better than ours and you certainly have goals...The one thing I wondered about Johnson is how much he is still has to learn at this level. He laboured a long time at Barnsley, and then seemed to find a magic formula. However, Barnsley have gone on from strength to strength...

I took particular note when Bruce suggested you had been too open against Hull even though on the highlights you seemed to have several decent chances yourselves.

Back to Tuesdays game. If I were trying to beat Rotherham at present I would sit back a little and be patient and draw us out a little. Get some balls into the box and especially once in the box get your lads to shield the ball as its something we seem to really struggle with. Watch the left hand side for attacks from us and attack us down the right or better still right down the middle.  we have no pace down the spine of the team at all.

We are only Tiny but we have a decent rap for our size. And, while ever we have our current chairman he will keep breathing life and soul into the club and thats all that matters.

As for Warnock-whats not to love, :laugh:.

2 minutes ago, IAN said:

Yes, I am not expecting us to beat you. There is something about your form and certainly since LJ, that makes you seem very unpredictable. I know the quality of your team is much better than ours and you certainly have goals...The one thing I wondered about Johnson is how much he is still has to learn at this level. He laboured a long time at Barnsley, and then seemed to find a magic formula. However, Barnsley have gone on from strength to strength...

I took particular note when Bruce suggested you had been too open against Hull even though on the highlights you seemed to have several decent chances yourselves.

Back to Tuesdays game. If I were trying to beat Rotherham at present I would sit back a little and be patient and draw us out a little. Get some balls into the box and especially once in the box get your lads to shield the ball as its something we seem to really struggle with. Watch the left hand side for attacks from us and attack us down the right or better still right down the middle.  we have no pace down the spine of the team at all.

We are only Tiny but we have a decent rap for our size. And, while ever we have our current chairman he will keep breathing life and soul into the club and thats all that matters.

As for Warnock-whats not to love, :laugh:.

The Major is our resident joker, mate, don't take his post seriously! Most of us are pretty nervous about tomorrow, and slightly obsessed with Colin (we can't decide if we'd be better off with him here, or not)

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I assumed that this would be down to Rotherham not selling all of there allocation 

4 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

I assumed that this would be down to Rotherham not selling all of there allocation 

I think we have only sold about 500.

Being a bit skint up here one has to choose...most of the fans will be off to MK  , as really thats who we see the last place battle with...assuming Charlton dont suddenly become Brazil, which I wouldnt bet against. 

30 minutes ago, IAN said:

Being a bit skint up here one has to choose...most of the fans will be off to MK  , as really thats who we see the last place battle with...assuming Charlton dont suddenly become Brazil, which I wouldnt bet against. 

Still a decent turn out for a Tuesday night with the distance involved,  fair play.

40 minutes ago, IAN said:

Good turn out for a Tuesday night not sure we would take much more if we were away. 

1 hour ago, Doozerchris said:

Fair point - likely the remaining Atyeo tickets have been added later due to unsold away tickets.

Only thing I would say about that is, if they have added more tickets later then they really ought to announce it. Plenty of people might have looked previously, not found two or three together, and given up.

7 hours ago, IAN said:

Good luck.

I have loads of respect for the Rotheram fans who stayed behind in 2007 to applaud our team winning promotion to the Championship,

I wish you no luck tomorrow evening, but I do hope you get a result against MK Dons on Saturday.

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Yep.  Tickets have been on sale for 5 weeks and this has been looking like a massive game for all of that time.  Suggests an interest level a million miles from 27k.

No ones interested in a Relegation battle, only the diehards go to support... Spend some decent money and show some ambition pre season and we'll easily draw in average crowds of 20,000... another pre season like last year will see gates lower than this year...

Archived