IGNORED

Most mismanaged City player ever?

6 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

How would we know though as he never got played? Imagine him one wing and Adomah on the other, obviously Woolford was on another level to Bolasie at the time :facepalm: great decision from Millen and McInnes.

Imagine our central midfield of Skuse and Kilkenny getting torn to shreds as the two wingers neglect their defensive duties.

1 hour ago, BA14 RED said:

The disgrace that Yannick Bolasie spent most his City career on the bench. Class player and was hardly used.

Didn't do anything impressive or worth mentioning or remembering from what I remember of seeing him. Was quite happy to see him go for a fee more than we bought him for. 

34 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Imagine our central midfield of Skuse and Kilkenny getting torn to shreds as the two wingers neglect their defensive duties.

God knows how Palace coped with Zaha and Bolasie then. I know very attacking but imagine them both in the side. Exciting stuff.

There was something I didn't like at the time and that was how Marc Goodfellow never became the player I thought he could be.

I'm not sure he was given much of a chance by Tinnion and his career never really got going. Injuries and short term moves didn't help either.

A few references to Paul Hartley and Lee Johnson on here, I see. Here's something I posted a little while ago, as that sort of misinformed drivel does bother me...

During Paul Hartley's single season with us, he started 36 league games, while Lee Johnson started 18.

Only 9 of Johnson's starts came when Hartley wasn't in the XI - and City lost just 2 of those.

A journalist doing actual research may come as a shock, I appreciate, but I hate opinions based on untruths!

16 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Giving Clive Whitehead an 11 year contract...

Long contracts for vitally the entire team! These had to be signed off by the board, so ultimately they must share the blame. 

5 hours ago, handsofclay1909 said:

Ray Cashley, brilliant full back with a great shot on him but ended up being played out of position in goal and taking shots from his own pen area which restricted his goals scored to just the one.

That made me laugh lots ! 

7 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Long contracts for vitally the entire team! These had to be signed off by the board, so ultimately they must share the blame. 

With the benefit of hindsight, it was a bit of a blunder, to say the least. No one ever says what should or might have been done instead. I suppose 4 year contracts?

4 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Don't care ;)

Wolfie. Don't be like that.

Here's what I was talking about. And the points on those milk bottles were a right bigger on your finger tips. I can feel the pain now :yes:

And it's only a bit of light hearted relief - trying to renew season tickets after a gin and tonic is a right pain in the ass!

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

God knows how Palace coped with Zaha and Bolasie then. I know very attacking but imagine them both in the side. Exciting stuff.

Difference there is they play with 3 in CM and only have one striker. We regularly played with 2 strikers, 2 wingers and Kilkenny in CM.  Madness

Archived