IGNORED

Admin Fee

Redmycolour

Lads did you know that if your paying for next seasons tkt by finance Bristol Sport cannot charge you a admin fee.reason being they are not a finance company.i think they are having one over us all.I've already emailed David Lloyd but no response.just think 14000 supporters paying £25 each .£350.000.enough to buy a player.Thoughts

5 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I'm annoyed at the £2 per season ticket admin fee they've snuck back in if you're paying up front on a credit or debit card, after previously getting rid of admin fees.

If all of us renewed, that's £25k in their pockets for free.

It will be an extra £25k in their pockets compared to not charging. However they will be charged (roughly) between 0.5% and 3% on credit card payments (% of each transaction amount) and approx. 35-40p per debit card transaction. 

I do agree with your sentiment though - they should set season ticket prices that factor in the costs they incur in when payments.

They could have done the DD scheme through a finance company, they would have charged the admin fee, possibly charged interest and.... Declined a percentage of fans who have poor credit.

I would expect the actual number of fans who pay monthly would be enough to cover the wages and running costs of the 2-3 people employed to manage the scheme.

17 minutes ago, Nomad said:

It will be an extra £25k in their pockets compared to not charging. However they will be charged (roughly) between 0.5% and 3% on credit card payments (% of each transaction amount) and approx. 35-40p per debit card transaction. 

I do agree with your sentiment though - they should set season ticket prices that factor in the costs they incur in when payments.

Spoken like a true Banker! :P

Having said that, imagine the Bank charges if we paid cash.  That's why Supermarkets offer cashback - to save them both the cash handling fees and the insurance of holding cash on their premises.  It isn't for the good of the consumer / shopper (sorry, thought I was MA for a mo').

• Admin
1 hour ago, redmycolour said:

Lads did you know that if your paying for next seasons tkt by finance Bristol Sport cannot charge you a admin fee.reason being they are not a finance company.i think they are having one over us all.I've already emailed David Lloyd but no response.just think 14000 supporters paying £25 each .£350.000.enough to buy a player.Thoughts

Raised in the Q&A section too

I think admin/booking fee is a rip off. The costs should be factored in when advertised not as an add on at the tail end of the transaction. 

They have already raised prices so could have covered the costs through that, be interesting to see if any feedback comes from the club.

Hi folks, i read the forum every day but rarely post - however i feel i must weigh in here. I totally agree the £2 admin fee is really cheeky, i complained and this is what i received...

All tickets booked over the phone or online are subject to a £2 booking fee as per the terms and conditions, these costs did exist last year as well, but the club chose to absorb that cost to help fans transition to the new ticketing system.

So prices aren't 'frozen' at all! I don't care about the specific £2 but the principle of it. Really sneaky. I bought a Rotherham ticket for my mate and didn't get charged a fee. Also, we're buying direct from the club so why is there an extra fee when we're already playing huge amounts?!

I followed this up with another complaint and a simple question 'What is the booking fee actually for?'

I received no reply! 

14 minutes ago, Redrobin7 said:

Hi folks, i read the forum every day but rarely post - however i feel i must weigh in here. I totally agree the £2 admin fee is really cheeky, i complained and this is what i received...

All tickets booked over the phone or online are subject to a £2 booking fee as per the terms and conditions, these costs did exist last year as well, but the club chose to absorb that cost to help fans transition to the new ticketing system.

So prices aren't 'frozen' at all! I don't care about the specific £2 but the principle of it. Really sneaky. I bought a Rotherham ticket for my mate and didn't get charged a fee. Also, we're buying direct from the club so why is there an extra fee when we're already playing huge amounts?!

I followed this up with another complaint and a simple question 'What is the booking fee actually for?'

I received no reply! 

Prices aren't frozen at all mate, no: I paid 'early bird' prices for the Singing Section in the Williams last year (£249 or something similar) and this year they are ''frozen'' at £299, ie the 'late bird' prices. That's not a frozen price for me, it represents a 20% increase.

38 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

I wounder if we miss a D/D are they going to charge us a miss payment fee £25 like ZEBRA fin did.

If you miss a payment on the ST, your account and ticket will be frozen until you've caught up. They didn't  mention extra charges when I spoke to them.

7 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I think admin/booking fee is a rip off. The costs should be factored in when advertised not as an add on at the tail end of the transaction. 

They have already raised prices so could have covered the costs through that, be interesting to see if any feedback comes from the club.

It was put at the bottom when prices were announced, people not reading isn't the clubs fault.

having said that, unless they are using another company I can't see why they didn't just put the £2 into the actual price.

9 hours ago, Nomad said:

Totally agree. Admin fees are so frustratingly infuriating! In my case it was like 'thanks for giving us £529 for your shiny new season ticket but we're gonna charge you £531 for it, because we can...'

Some have mentioned how the fee should be incorporated in the ticket price but a lot of ticket companies (I don't know who city use) are members of star.org.uk who insist that it's members break down all payments so the customer knows exactly what they are paying for (even though they just call it an administration fee etc). This is why when you buy tickets rather than say it's £50 a ticket they say "face value 40, admin fee 5, venue fee 2 (yes these exist nowadays!)  and 3 for delivery.  The idea being everything is transparent. 

This would still be the case If say city rent the ticket system at x amount per ticket. 

Again I don't know who city use so could be massively wide of the mark.

15 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

Some have mentioned how the fee should be incorporated in the ticket price but a lot of ticket companies (I don't know who city use) are members of star.org.uk who insist that it's members break down all payments so the customer knows exactly what they are paying for (even though they just call it an administration fee etc). This is why when you buy tickets rather than say it's £50 a ticket they say "face value 40, admin fee 5, venue fee 2 (yes these exist nowadays!)  and 3 for delivery.  The idea being everything is transparent. 

This would still be the case If say city rent the ticket system at x amount per ticket. 

Again I don't know who city use so could be massively wide of the mark.

I thought they did it themselves.

56 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I'm happy. Still represents excellent value for money.

What really gets my goat though is paying 5p for a bag at the supermarket.

And then the bloody thing doesn't last. Bag for life? 

Anyone ever asked for a replacement?

Yes. And they do replace them if they have holes in or broken handles or whatever.

What I would like to know is what method of payment I can use that does not incur a booking fee. Is there one? Doubt it. It's just a way of conning us all out of another couple of quid.

They should be transparent and advertise the price you actually have to pay to receive your ticket, not some arbitrary price which does not include fees.

41 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

They're using a system provided by a company called TopTix (as used by Derby, West Brom, Brighton and others). It doesn't appear to be a TopTix thing as you can buy a Brighton season ticket without any additional fee.

I didn't know that.  Not sure how we manage to make it go tits up every season.

Last year it was a booking fee, ie the fee was paid for each booking so if you bought several seats in one go you only paid it once. The admin fee is unavoidable so should be included in the ticket price for clarity, we don't want to be football's equivalent of Ryan Air.

15 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Its always surprising to me that any organisation don't place these 'costs' within the original advertised price and do themselves a favour(another one)as one fell swoop.they,as we know everyone and his dog get pissed off by this so think other factors must be in force???

The £2 , £2.50 , £3 or whatever on match or gig tickets is bad enough, but the fee for paying by credit is £25. Spread over the 10 months is only £2.50 a month ,but it changed the £70 increase I was willing to suck up to move from LD to the West srand , to around £100.   While you can say they priced the tickets about right as the tickets are selling , I don't think I'll be the only one to seriously consider what to do if they go up again next year.

The fact is more seats mean easier PotD , and as I have to miss games , (shift work and family stuff)  I may end up having to pick and choose my games. 

Charging admin / booking fees is a scummy practice, particularly for debit cards. A per ticket fee of £2 does not reflect costs unless they've been spectacularly incompetent at picking a payment provider either. Bristol Sport *******. 

12 hours ago, City169 said:

It was put at the bottom when prices were announced, people not reading isn't the clubs fault.

having said that, unless they are using another company I can't see why they didn't just put the £2 into the actual price.

Doesn't matter whether it was listed in the small print upon announcement; realistically lots of people will not read that.

It's a principle thing anyway, it's not going to be too much for most people - but the club shouldn't be doing it. Either absorb it into the overall price or just don't do it at all.

44 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

The £2 , £2.50 , £3 or whatever on match or gig tickets is bad enough, but the fee for paying by credit is £25. Spread over the 10 months is only £2.50 a month ,but it changed the £70 increase I was willing to suck up to move from LD to the West srand , to around £100.   While you can say they priced the tickets about right as the tickets are selling , I don't think I'll be the only one to seriously consider what to do if they go up again next year.

The admin fee for direct debit has gone down in the majority of cases. Last season we were charged 7.85% as a charge, which on any ticket above £318 in price was more than the new £25 charge. In my case I am buying 2 adults and 2 kids tickets so I am saving £50 under the new arrangement.

15 minutes ago, Buckeyed said:

The admin fee for direct debit has gone down in the majority of cases. Last season we were charged 7.85% as a charge, which on any ticket above £318 in price was more than the new £25 charge. In my case I am buying 2 adults and 2 kids tickets so I am saving £50 under the new arrangement.

Good news , glad someone saves and it works in some cases. My point is still valid , the total price for tickets should should be stated first with a breakdown after, not the original price with add on's as you check out.  I'm not just thinking about the City tickets here, I've bought gig tickets where the admin fee or whatever they choose to call it , is applied to every ticket not just the transaction. I buy a few tickets over a year and so it gives me plenty of occasions to moan about this.

29 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Charging admin / booking fees is a scummy practice, particularly for debit cards. A per ticket fee of £2 does not reflect costs unless they've been spectacularly incompetent at picking a payment provider either. Bristol Sport *******. 

These fees are a p!55 take.

But so many are at it. Couple of years ago I went to the WSM Playhouse to see an ELO tribute band. Wasn't a sell out so thought I would pay the advertised entry price of £20. Arrived at the ticket desk, with my £20 cash, one please I said. £21 she said. No I said it's advertised at £20. Yes she said, but there's a £1 booking fee. 

Couldn't make it up!

Archived