IGNORED

City Vs Rotherham - Worst fake(non) injury? (MERGED)

Antman

3 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

As a doctor who deals with major trauma, not for 1 minute did I think that he was seriously injured. Watched him from the South Stand & clear it was play acting. Halford kept moving his legs. When there really is a spinal injury people lie very still as they either can't move them from spinal cord damage or it hurts too much to move. Watch any rugby player with a neck injury & they stay very still.

Absolutely clear that the Rotherham bench weren't bothered as they knew it wasn't a real injury. What is also really disgusting is that he was allowed straight back on. Should have been kept off for 7 minutes at least. That would stop this cheating. Because that was what it was.

Rotherham were the dirtiest & most cynical team we have faced all season. What else do you expect from Warnock?!

Not sure where you get that conclusion from but I broke my back & sternum last year & whilst being advised to stay still while waiting for the ambulance to arrive, I was able to move my legs!!

At the time I was unaware of the extent of my injuries but trying to lie still for such a long amount of time was very uncomfortable & was causing more pain at the time.

Granted, I could have caused myself more damage but the pain with the uncomfortableness meant that I had to move my legs to try & get comfortable.

So having a spinal injury doesn't mean you are unable to move, it just hurts like hell when you do & is advised that you don't move for fear of causing more damage.

7 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Correct. Their was no sub warming up. Warnock and his cronies knew exactly what the plan was. It really was ******* disgraceful. Then again, this is what we should expect from the man that whilst at Sheff U ordered his players to get sent off so that a game could be called off as they were losing...he really is an absolute cretin. His fan club on here are a bit quiet tonight, mind...

Kid.

I hold my hands up. I like Colin. I'd have liked him here before LJ was appointed.

My view has changed. Rotherham set out to do what they did last night and whilst it was a disgrace to watch they were nearly successful.

Mind you if that is a measure of success then thank Christ we passed Colin by.

It was blatant Play Acting or Cheating  as previous posters have said none of his team mates or bench seemed concered as if it was pre arranged and also there was no subs being warmed up. Also nearly all of their players kept running around kicking the ball etc so they stayed warm, our players stood around looking worried that a fellow pro could be genuinley injured, when the game got back under way they had the upper hand for a few minutes as they had stayed up with the tempo whilst our players were caught cold.

I really hope that an FA Assessor looks into this and punishes the club for bad sportsmanship .

No more than colins old tactic of stop the game and kill the oppositions momentum when they are getting the upper hand, most disgraceful acting seen at the gate. As terrible as the ref was he had no choice but to allow treatment, but  cannot understand how he did not think he is taking the piss and book him the next time. 

54 minutes ago, westonred said:

It was blatant Play Acting or Cheating  as previous posters have said none of his team mates or bench seemed concered as if it was pre arranged and also there was no subs being warmed up. Also nearly all of their players kept running around kicking the ball etc so they stayed warm, our players stood around looking worried that a fellow pro could be genuinley injured, when the game got back under way they had the upper hand for a few minutes as they had stayed up with the tempo whilst our players were caught cold.

I really hope that an FA Assessor looks into this and punishes the club for bad sportsmanship .

I saw that too. The Rotherham players had the ball and were kicking it around until the ref took it from them. Only their keeper was near Halford, and that's only because he was in his area. I also said at the time it looked very planned, they had rehearsed that, makes the 3 Preston players who fell to the floor at the same time look very amateur!

What it it really was genuinely concussion and the player had played on and collapsed on the field?  It was either a serious injury (due to the length of time it took to access and stabilise) or it wasn't. If it was he should have been subbed off if not due to the medics advice then on the advice of the Ref. If it was pretence as I've said elsewhere the whole lot involved should be booked/suspended for un gentlemanly conduct and bringing the game into disrepute.

if this happened at any Prem team it would be debated about for weeks.

It was a pretty disgusting episode, as others have said, if you're on the deck for 7 minutes with a head 'injury', then off you go

Stops the play acting, get on with the game. Flint after the boot to the face and Smith in the first half (after yet another heavy challenge on him), straight back up. No messing with our boys last night on that front, good to see

I lost my #### when he came back on. A few of the guys next to me asked me what happened as they thought he'd gone off on a stretcher and a sub had come on. 

We were all over them at that point and it slowed the game right down.

Never seen those tactics before and it wasn't pretty. That Rotherham team probably had about 5 or 6 near death experiences last night. 

14 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

It was a pretty disgusting episode, as others have said, if you're on the deck for 7 minutes with a head 'injury', then off you go

Stops the play acting, get on with the game. Flint after the boot to the face and Smith in the first half (after yet another heavy challenge on him), straight back up. No messing with our boys last night on that front, good to see

I thought that, Flint could've easily got him booked, but he accepted the apology and got straight up.

Flint did them a favour. 

42 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

I thought that, Flint could've easily got him booked, but he accepted the apology and got straight up.

Flint did them a favour. 

Certainly did, no way did Best mean to do it - but Flint could have made a real scene about it, fair play to him for not doing so

59 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Certainly did, no way did Best mean to do it - but Flint could have made a real scene about it, fair play to him for not doing so

Maybe Best didn't mean it, but that didn't stop Freeman getting sent off for something similar this season. This guy did,t even get booked ( indeed none of their team did)

In the lead up to the Halford "Injury", Flint was brought down by a neck hold that belonged in a wrestling match. :grr:

When the physio came on to treat Halford he had a quiet word in his ear and he suddenly stopped wriggling about and played dead .

Gotta be worth a BAFTA at least :(

10 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Reading through the Rotherham forum, apparently we were the cheats who were falling over looking for free kicks all game to try and con the referee.....

I actually think there was a period we were doing this. When the crowd was right on the refs back every time there was a corner or cross put in the box one of our players would throw themselves to the ground. I'm not saying they weren't being held etc. but it was certainly over-acting and if anything contributed to the referee not giving us decisions for genuine fouls.

28 minutes ago, Fatalist said:

Maybe Best didn't mean it, but that didn't stop Freeman getting sent off for something similar this season. This guy did,t even get booked ( indeed none of their team did)

Didn't pick up on the fact they had no one booked, that surprises me

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep it was obviously play acting but not sure how it gave them any advantage through wasting time when 7 minutes were added on due to the incident. It certainly disrupted play though which seemed to be the aim.

It was longer than 7 minutes by itself... plus the goal and all the other stoppages in the first half...

Ref's always round the stoppage time down.

7 minutes ago, KernowRed said:

Link to the incident!! at 1.20

I saw it happen at the time and thought it looked worse than it does here.

Baker has challenged him and played the man in fairness as he was never getting to the ball.

No excuse for the act that followed though i'm afraid!

3 minutes ago, nathredwood said:

I saw it happen at the time and thought it looked worse than it does here.

Baker has challenged him and played the man in fairness as he was never getting to the ball.

No excuse for the act that followed though i'm afraid!

Halford was out to do a job on Baker, see at 0.02 and at 0.40 where he swings him around, Baker reacts and gets spoken to by the ref.

3 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

In the second half, following a tackle by Wilbs, the same player- Halford repeatedly beat the ground with his hand as though he'd been injured in the challenge only to get to his feet once the free kick had been awarded. Cheat.

If you see Colin's post match interview, he had the cheat to accuse City players of diving.  HA HA!

All players and managers have a responsibility to not fake injury and play act, because this behaviour (which is much more prominent in top flight football) creates apathy when players go down injured, which could potentially lead to serious and life threatening injuries being overlooked because play acting is suspected. Unfortunately it will only take a top player getting seriously injured but not getting treatment to change attitudes.  The whole Jose doctor thing at Chelsea was a disgrace because even the Chelsea doctor was being asked to comply with play acting to waste time.  All players and managers need to self police this and stamp it out

31 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

All players and managers have a responsibility to not fake injury and play act, because this behaviour (which is much more prominent in top flight football) creates apathy when players go down injured, which could potentially lead to serious and life threatening injuries being overlooked because play acting is suspected. Unfortunately it will only take a top player getting seriously injured but not getting treatment to change attitudes.  The whole Jose doctor thing at Chelsea was a disgrace because even the Chelsea doctor was being asked to comply with play acting to waste time.  All players and managers need to self police this and stamp it out

100% agree. 

I think that's the first time I've seen a player feign injury and stay down for that long before coming immediately back on showing no ill-effects. Just goes to show how shocking it was when you consider how much cheating goes on in this sport!

Archived