IGNORED

Luke Ayling

Im_over_ere

If it was simply that they rate Matthews more highly then Ayling would be on the bench in front of Mark Little, but he is not.

Assuming Matthews signs in the summer, right back will be one of very few positions where we will actually have a player too many.

On recent evidence Ayling seems a more likely departure then than Little..

Well Matthews is quality, head and shoulders above Ayling but he's still worth keeping as a squad player. Can play a number of positions and we need a bigger squad full of quality if we're to progress. Would be silly to let him go. Do find it a bit odd that he hasn't tweeted since the incident at Cheltenham. Was usually one of the more active tweeters from our team.

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Sad news. Thought he was an excellent player. 

I'll wager that in a couple of years time we'll be cursing the day we let him go. You don't see many defenders so comfortable on the ball. 

The consolation here is if we keep Matthews. I certainly like Ayling but from what little I've seen of Matthews he certainly looks the better player. 

15 hours ago, MarcusX said:

As usual, the smug little "I know something you don't know" brigade in full flow... Lovely little ego massage

I think you'll find that if you read this thread then you'll pretty much know exactly what everyone else does. 

There are plenty of things to get uptight about, I'm not convinced this should be anywhere near the top... But if you thrive on winding yourself up, then who am I to stop you!

16 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I think you'll find that if you read this thread then you'll pretty much know exactly what everyone else does. 

There are plenty of things to get uptight about, I'm not convinced this should be anywhere near the top... But if you thrive on winding yourself up, then who am I to stop you!

Odd that you think I'm wound up? Couldn't care less.

Clearly that isn't the case though as I and most others know nothing and just presume he's out of favour/down in the pecking order, however some on this thread replying with their "WRONG" etc type responses to any speculation suggests they know something. It happens every time there's a potentially controversial subject or rumour.

7 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Odd that you think I'm wound up? Couldn't care less.

Clearly that isn't the case though as I and most others know nothing and just presume he's out of favour/down in the pecking order, however some on this thread replying with their "WRONG" etc type responses to any speculation suggests they know something. It happens every time there's a potentially controversial subject or rumour.

Maybe we've been told the situation by someone close to Luke and respect that it was told in confidence!

On 09/04/2016 at 17:27, Im_over_ere said:

So what is the general opinion on LA

1) Still not fit from his operation

2) Being punished for Cheltenham races nonsense

3) Does not fit in to the current formation

4) Not in LJ's plans

5) Johnson SR had a word with LJ, and not a good word

6) Just being kept out by better/in form players

Just curious.....

Refer to Matthews-who,himself,is still not 100% yet..there is not comparison.Matthews,Goldbourne,Tomlin,Baker-these are the standards that we now have to seek/maintain to be comfortable in the Championship.whether or not certain players when as a natural course slip down the pecking order stay as 'cover' is the question,as they all can't stay.

Archived