IGNORED

I love Lee Johnson!

reddogkev

Very impressed with what I've seen so far, despite a couple of setbacks, LJ is ticking all the boxes and looks a very promising manager for us.

For clarity, I still feel fondly for Pembo and Wade, and will always have a lot of affection for Cotts.

Lee is confident, intelligent, conducts himself very well, seems to be a great motivator, and is not afraid of making bold decisions. 

Here's hoping we're on the verge of very exciting times...

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Very impressed with what I've seen so far, despite a couple of setbacks, LJ is ticking all the boxes and looks a very promising manager for us.

For clarity, I still feel fondly for Pembo and Wade, and will always have a lot of affection for Cotts.

Lee is confident, intelligent, conducts himself very well, seems to be a great motivator, and is not afraid of making bold decisions. 

The way he was questioning RO'D from the touchline, after the free kick went in said it all for me. I think he was disappointed that we failed to get a clean sheet today. 

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The way he was questioning RO'D from the touchline, after the free kick went in said it all for me. I think he was disappointed that we failed to get a clean sheet today. 

I like it, he's also a perfectionist, seems like another decent trait to possess.

Plenty of WTF is that team about pre match but clearly done his homework and knew they were vulnerable against pace down the flanks. 

We all think we're football managers but perhaps we don't always know best...

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Really? I think he's great to listen to. Interesting and has good insight. Listen to how many times he says "by the same token" though!

Not so much what he's saying, but how he's saying it.

The team looks very good since Lee was put in charge :> We know that we stay 100 % in this divisions, the staff has to learn something about this and to make the right additions, look at bournemouth :P 

Lee is one of a long line of footballers who never quite had it to make it to the big time as a player, yet possibly he is one of those who can do it as a coach.  I think he could indeed be the messiah to take us to the promised land, at least I hope so. 

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

Great post mate 100% agree

He's a very clever and articulate man. Good tactical nuance. As a player he tried his socks off but was never in the galactico league. As a manager he has already shown here and at Oldham he had the ability to set teams up as per a match by match basis depending on the opposition. Also remember coming to us is a managerial step up for him. He's not fazed by this and he clearly has a fond bond with Bristol and the club. I'm a little excited to be honest. Future looks better now than it did in November anyhow.

17 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Far superior than at ANY TIME under Cotterill? That's a bit harsh after last season!

In my opinion . We paid good money to win a poor league one. Championship is like a Premiership two and since Cotts has gone    I've enjoyed watching the football we have played even if we havent always been  winning. I'm not confusing winning games with free flowing football. Technically we have better players. 

I have been really impressed with him. I think he will be a lot more ruthless than most would imagine as well. Genuinely intrigued to see what the summer brings with who comes and goes. On the evidence so far I am really optimistic about next season with LJ at the helm.

What I particularly like about LJ is the fact that he explains his thinking post match. It's very interesting that very few managers actually do that, possibly because they assume that we fans know sfa about football. Not so with LJ. 

To me he's showing respect to us fans and I really like that.

10 hours ago, shelts said:

Great football and far superior than at any time under his predecessor. Talks well and doesn't make a shed load of excuses . Could he be the chosen one?

Ridiculous. What Cotts achieved was unbelievable. He really brought the good times back to AG with some brilliant football, some cracking results and two trophies. Some people have very short memories. Lee Johnson has been here a couple of months and, fair play, he's done pretty well - but then a lot of managers do when they first come in. Suggesting he could be the chosen one is jumping the gun to the extreme. 

9 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Ridiculous. What Cotts achieved was unbelievable. He really brought the good times back to AG with some brilliant football, some cracking results and two trophies. Some people have very short memories. Lee Johnson has been here a couple of months and, fair play, he's done pretty well - but then a lot of managers do when they first come in. Suggesting he could be the chosen one is jumping the gun to the extreme. 

I think it was a question?  So far I have been really impressed with Lee in terms of how he's handled success and adversity.  

Will always love Cotts for what he did for us, but I never liked the manner of his response to to a defeat.  No one likes losing, but Lee remains calm and does not let emotion get to him the same way.  I think that's a good trait.  Must be E blessed relief for the interviewers too!!

Well done Lee.  All pretty good so far.

11 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

I think it was a question?  So far I have been really impressed with Lee in terms of how he's handled success and adversity.  

Will always love Cotts for what he did for us, but I never liked the manner of his response to to a defeat.  No one likes losing, but Lee remains calm and does not let emotion get to him the same way.  I think that's a good trait.  Must be E blessed relief for the interviewers too!!

Well done Lee.  All pretty good so far.

It was more the 'far superior' to Cotts line that I was calling ridiculous. Although, even to ask the question of whether he could be the chosen one is very premature

52 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Rubbish. I'm with you Shelts.

Last season was excellent true enough but as I've said before until SC got the chop there was only ever going to be one outcome. Whatever the reasons for the woeful performances then SC demonstrated one thing for me. At this level he was out of his depth. I was absolutely delighted he was sacked. His failings were demonstrated as soon as he'd gone with what Pemberton and Wade achieved.

LJ is like a breath of fresh air. Not afraid to make team changes and bring in players that SC kept on the fringes he turned a struggling performance against Rotherham into an excellent one against Wednesday. 

And not only that made a lovely reference towards "our mate" Neil in his post-match interview.

For those who still yearn for SC ask yourself this. If suited and booted hair gelled one had still been here, what would yesterday have looked like?

Irs a massive yes for the "yes man" from me. He is my chosen one.

10 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Rubbish. I'm with you Shelts.

Last season was excellent true enough but as I've said before until SC got the chop there was only ever going to be one outcome. Whatever the reasons for the woeful performances then SC demonstrated one thing for me. At this level he was out of his depth. I was absolutely delighted he was sacked. His failings were demonstrated as soon as he'd gone with what Pemberton and Wade achieved.

LJ is like a breath of fresh air. Not afraid to make team changes and bring in players that SC kept on the fringes he turned a struggling performance against Rotherham into an excellent one against Wednesday. 

And not only that made a lovely reference towards "our mate" Neil in his post-match interview.

For those who still yearn for SC ask yourself this. If suited and booted hair gelled one had still been here, what would yesterday have looked like?

Irs a massive yes for the "yes man" from me. He is my chosen one.

If the suited and booted hair-gelled one had never been here, yesterday would've looked like a rather dull League One game against Bradford. I would argue that the performances under Cotts were not all woeful - some were. And you can't really say 'whatever the reason' for those performances, and then say he was out of his depth: some of those reasons could have been, and probably were, nothing to do with his ability as a football manager.

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

Your confusing winning with playing free flowing football . Under Cotts we were well organised and mixed it up nicely. Pembo comes in tackes the shackles off and we look like a decent championship side. Next your gonna tell me last years side is better than the current side. Cotts would've taken us down playing an uninspiring brand of football . 

Archived