IGNORED

I love Lee Johnson!

reddogkev

Sure Cotterill gave us promotion and the Tin Pot trophy and I'm sure we all appreciate those achievements especially winning the league. That said his rigidity and stubbornness with 3-5-2 undid him in the Championship.

Like players, managers have a level that suits their talent and ability and Cotterills is League 1.

11 minutes ago, shelts said:

Your confusing winning with playing free flowing football . Under Cotts we were well organised and mixed it up nicely. Pembo comes in tackes the shackles off and we look like a decent championship side. Next your gonna tell me last years side is better than the current side. Cotts would've taken us down playing an uninspiring brand of football . 

We were well organised and mixed it up nicely, but we were shackled and uninspiring? That sounds like a contradiction in terms. At the peak of its powers, I believe last year's team could well have beaten this current team, yes.

20 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

We were well organised and mixed it up nicely, but we were shackled and uninspiring? That sounds like a contradiction in terms. At the peak of its powers, I believe last year's team could well have beaten this current team, yes.

Two different styles. I prefer to watch the current team under Little Lee. 

1 hour ago, NeilS said:

Well let's all hope this warm loved up feeling lasts, but of course it has a sell by date, it's football. However I will say the appointment of Lee was a shrewd move, I guess the fact that he was the only candidate the Board wanted gave him the confidence that he needed to get the job done, not that he seems to be at all lacking in confidence, a very assured young man. I also like his wicked sense of humour, and the fact he doesn't seem to rant, unlike the previous incumbent, and to top it all we have a coach that actually changes systems and is not afraid to adapt styles according to the opponents, witness Tuesday and yesterday.

A few good signings in the summer will see us kick on, and become a better outfit that won't crumble like we did all too many time under Cotts, but thanks for the memories Steve, last season still brings a tear to my eye, who could forget Bradford and Walsall and all the others?  It really is a great time to be a City fan.

Could Lee do a ' Cotterill ' ? 

Save us from relegation and get promoted the next season .

51 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Could Lee do a ' Cotterill ' ? 

Save us from relegation and get promoted the next season .

He might. He migh not. He might also do a Cotterill and implode in the future.

All I'm saying is that SC was great last season, woeful this. There might well be other reasons for that but the fact that he refused to try anything different - even when what he was trying wasn't working - exposed him. He was out of his depth - at least with us - and that's proven by the results.

Under Little Lee, the Yes Man, the Muppet or the Puppet - or anything else anyone might want to call him - we are at last playing attractive football on a more consistent basis and getting results. Under SC we'd still be watching the drivel he served up earlier this season.

2 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

If the suited and booted hair-gelled one had never been here, yesterday would've looked like a rather dull League One game against Bradford. I would argue that the performances under Cotts were not all woeful - some were. And you can't really say 'whatever the reason' for those performances, and then say he was out of his depth: some of those reasons could have been, and probably were, nothing to do with his ability as a football manager.

Ok perhaps not all. But most were. Why do I say that? 

Because of league position when he was here. Last season was great. This season whilst he was here - and he was suited and booted and hair gelled - he wouldn't have looked out of place selling second hand cars - the results and league position speak for themselves.

I can't see how anyone can argue against that.

2 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Ok perhaps not all. But most were. Why do I say that? 

Because of league position when he was here. Last season was great. This season whilst he was here - and he was suited and booted and hair gelled - he wouldn't have looked out of place selling second hand cars - the results and league position speak for themselves.

I can't see how anyone can argue against that.

Sorry but I fail to see what his appearance has to do with anything. Are you saying that managers shouldn't be suited and booted? Someone better tell Pep Guardiola, Sir Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho. And surely it's up to him what he wears to make his hair look better.

The results and league position in the Championship weren't good. That's why he was sacked. I don't think many people are disputing that it was the right time for him to go. But it's no exaggeration to say that he saved our club, and to hail someone who's only been here two minutes as being vastly superior strikes me as being a little kneejerk.

Like many City fans I wasn't a big fan of wee Lee's appointment when other seemingly big fish were on the shelf.

However he has impressed me greatly & I genuinely believe he can become a great coach at City. He's thoughtful, calm under pressure (evidenced when he calmed the lads down at half time v Rotherham) & not afraid to ring the changes. Our whole balance and shape now looks a massive amount better than under SC.

Hopefully Mark Ashton can now earn his stripes on the recruitment side to ensure we build for next season and avoid a shambolic summer like we endured last year under Cotterill.

21 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

I really don't know who Lee Johnson thinks he is.

Comes into our club changes our formation makes substitutions at half time and then has the cheek to start rotating players and winning games!

This just has to stop

Otherwise what will we have to moan about? LJ out I say!

23 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

First person I've heard that's said that. Did you prefer Cotterill's interviews?

yeah, mainly because he sounded like someone you'd meet down the gate. Proper west country accent.

18 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Sorry but I fail to see what his appearance has to do with anything. Are you saying that managers shouldn't be suited and booted? Someone better tell Pep Guardiola, Sir Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho. And surely it's up to him what he wears to make his hair look better.

The results and league position in the Championship weren't good. That's why he was sacked. I don't think many people are disputing that it was the right time for him to go. But it's no exaggeration to say that he saved our club, and to hail someone who's only been here two minutes as being vastly superior strikes me as being a little kneejerk.

Pep, Alex, Jose &...... SC?

First time I've ever heard those names mentioned together in one post ;)

See. Not a suit, boot or hair product amongst them :whistle:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Archived