IGNORED

Today's Referee

BRISTOL86

Man of the match today IMO. 

We've had some truly shocking refereeing performances this season, but I'd happily have today's for every game we play (not just because we got two penalties!)

Didn't want to be the centre of attention like a lot of refs, let the game flow wherever he could, wasn't stupidly fussy about short free kicks, played good advantages and just generally did a really good job. 

I think he just showed even more what an absolute awful Ref we had on Tuesday.  Today he let the players play football and it was a much better game for him doing so. He spoke to the players a few times when needed and was firm but fair, he certainly had control of the game which Gavin Ward definitely didn't at any time.

He had an empathy with the players. Did not brandish cards for the slightest of reasons. A good old fashioned ref who let the game flow and by doing so, made the players the star of the show.

Even took time, or so it appeared to me, to explain to two Wednesday players why he did not award them a pen late in the game.

I know it is easy to praise the ref when we win so convincingly, so in my opinion, he awarded us a dubious penalty as I did not see any great contact with Tomlin. Still, and knowing many will disagree with me about the validity of our first spot kick, we've had plenty of those awarded against us this season so rough with smooth comes to mind.

33 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Always sounds a bit of a cop out when you've won and the ref has given you two penalties but he was good.

Also liked the wave when he fell over, showed he was human...

Will probably be marked down by the assessor :facepalm:

Happy to not be centre of attention (apart from the wave!) and seemed to have respect from the players and got it back.

i'm sure kart of it was down to the Wednesday players, playing the game in the right spirit....unlike other teams....cough....Rotherham.  No cheats in their team.

19 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Very consistent. Thought that they had a good penalty shout in the second half but I'd have to see it again. Was surprised he didn't give it having already awarded us two.

I know where you mean. It was a fantastic tackle by Adam Matthews. 

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Man of the match today IMO. 

We've had some truly shocking refereeing performances this season, but I'd happily have today's for every game we play (not just because we got two penalties!)

Didn't want to be the centre of attention like a lot of refs, let the game flow wherever he could, wasn't stupidly fussy about short free kicks, played good advantages and just generally did a really good job. 

Agree. Thought he was the best we have had for some time. Mind you I think any ref today would have appeared decent compared to that spineless cretin on Tuesday night!!

I had an excellent view if the first penalty, I thought it was the softest of the 4 or 5 pen shouts we've had in the last 2 games and was therefor surprised to see it given. 

I thought he favoured us overall, whether that makes him a good or bad ref, I dunno but I'd have him back like a shot. 

14 hours ago, 54-46 said:

Liked when he fell over 2nd half and gave a wave to the crowd after they cheered him. Makes a change to have a human

Funny how we see things differently.  I thought this was disgraceful.

He waved to the Dolman but didn't acknowledge the South Stand at all.  Blatant bias!

On which note, I might add I thought he was excellent but he did seem to favour us slightly including a very soft penalty.

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I noticed early on that Nuhiu (6.6?) tried to claim a foul when he went down in an aerial challenge with Joe Bryan (5.9?) and the referee was just laughing at him as he waved play on. 

Not sure what scoring system you use, but I though JB was worth more than 5.9 !

Archived