IGNORED

Marlon pack. Another top performance

redfieldred

16 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Pack has a lot of attributes no doubt about that, but doesn't create or score enough for me, I don't think that our midfield is or has been consistent enough for me all season and have been our main problem all season and I think not strengthening our midfield with better players would be a huge mistake, that is my opinion, definitely a good squad player.

Absolute crap, I think once some of you don't like someone it never goes away and won't see good whatever happens, Pack has been decent most of the season even when we were rubbish and excellent since cotts went, the odd game as last Tuesday not so good but on the whole our most consistent performer and now he is a championship player, get over it and give him credit where due

2 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Absolute crap, I think once some of you don't like someone it never goes away and won't see good whatever happens, Pack has been decent most of the season even when we were rubbish and excellent since cotts went, the odd game as last Tuesday not so good but on the whole our most consistent performer and now he is a championship player, get over it and give him credit where due

Mate it's not crap it's my opinion, I don't think your opinion is crap, I think that is your opinion.

IMO most defeats this season have because of our inconsistent or inadequate midfield and I believe it is the one area that needs better quality, more goals and more assists otherwise I believe next season will be another struggle.

But hey if you believe the midfield is ok and the quality is needed elsewhere that's your opinion, but it's not crap.

52 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Mate it's not crap it's my opinion, I don't think your opinion is crap, I think that is your opinion.

IMO most defeats this season have because of our inconsistent or inadequate midfield and I believe it is the one area that needs better quality, more goals and more assists otherwise I believe next season will be another struggle.

But hey if you believe the midfield is ok and the quality is needed elsewhere that's your opinion, but it's not crap.

OK bit harsh but the midfield problems are more down to other guys than Pack and certainly Korey, more to do with Freeman and even Bryan that haven't come up to the mark for long periods , I am not saying midfield does not need strengthening but Marlon has proved to be one of the few guys to step up in this division.

1 minute ago, Cov 77 said:

OK bit harsh but the midfield problems are more down to other guys than Pack and certainly Korey, more to do with Freeman and even Bryan that haven't come up to the mark for long periods , I am not saying midfield does not need strengthening but Marlon has proved to be one of the few guys to step up in this division.

Freeman 8 and Bryan 6 are the highest 'assists' contributors at the club, against Pack 2, Flint can claim 2 assists and Reid who has played a lot less than Pack.

But hey you think he is good enough and I think that he is a great squad player but the need to strengthen midfield is a priority IMO, we desperately need more assists and definitely more goals from midfield, Bryan, Reid, Freeman and Pack have all only scored 1 goal each, the same as Williams, Wagstaff and Baker, IMO we need 2 midfielders, I suspect as long as Gillingham don't get promoted we will go back in for Dack (who is only just returning after a longish injury) he certainly seems to fit the bill and maybe Gilbey from Colchester who are staring at relegation.

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Freeman 8 and Bryan 6 are the highest 'assists' contributors at the club, against Pack 2, Flint can claim 2 assists and Reid who has played a lot less than Pack.

But hey you think he is good enough and I think that he is a great squad player but the need to strengthen midfield is a priority IMO, we desperately need more assists and definitely more goals from midfield, Bryan, Reid, Freeman and Pack have all only scored 1 goal each, the same as Williams, Wagstaff and Baker, IMO we need 2 midfielders, I suspect as long as Gillingham don't get promoted we will go back in for Dack (who is only just returning after a longish injury) he certainly seems to fit the bill and maybe Gilbey from Colchester who are staring at relegation.

I still think Dack`s overpriced having never played at this level. Personally (and at the risk of sounding like a broken record) I`d go for Conor Hourihane. He`d be better value IMO and also has goals in him.

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I still think Dack`s overpriced having never played at this level. Personally (and at the risk of sounding like a broken record) I`d go for Conor Hourihane. He`d be better value IMO and also has goals in him.

You may be right, both have scored well this season and seem to fit the bill, as for the price I suspect there were a few eyebrows raised at 10mil for Alli.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

You may be right, both have scored well this season and seem to fit the bill, as for the price I suspect there were a few eyebrows raised at 10mil for Alli.

I think we`d probably be able to get Hourihane for 500 - 750k. If we took Mawson as well probably around 1.5m the pair. I can`t help thinking that would be better value than 2m+ for Dack. It would give us both our Tomlin and Baker replacements if we need to do that.

Take your point about Alli but that`s looking like good business with hindsight - Spurs would easily have to pay more than that to replace him now. A big gamble at the time but one that looks like it`s paid off.

1 hour ago, Cov 77 said:

I think once some of you don't like someone it never goes away and won't see good whatever happens, Pack has been decent most of the season, the odd game as last Tuesday not so good but on the whole our most consistent performer and now he is a championship player, get over it and give him credit where due

I've taken a few words out....but in essence I agree.

I think that a fair few on here only look at one part of a player's game, namely when they've got the ball or challenging for it.  There's more to the game than that.

For me, I'm pretty much with @Harry re Pack.....pretty steady all season, a few highs and a couple of lows (early doors when he was adjusting).

Don't forget you aren't gonna see loads of stellar performances in a team who've spent all season in the bottom part of the table.  I think we do our players a disservice with being over-critical of them.  I think the addition of that bit of extra quality (Matthews, Tomlin and Odemwingie) has really helped the others.  We made a very decent team look very poor on Saturday.

Funnily enough, yesterday I thought Pack was just decent....I think he kinda coasted through the game because everyone was on top of their game.

Still got his best years to come....well done Marlon....nowhere near my player of the season (Kodjia, Flinr and Smith ahead imho), but pretty good for someone who a lot of us thought would struggle to keep up with the pace of this division.  However some of us have watched the performances and reflected our views on that.

Archived