IGNORED

Back down to earth???

reformed_red

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Although I worry the removal of the emergency loan will mean clubs will hang on to fringe players (us included), there are going to be a fair few clubs, who either spent heavily or kept high wage earners in the hope of the 'promised land'....who will need to cut their cloth accordingly next season.

Lets just say Burnley, Boro and Brighton go up, what will that mean for the likes of:

Hull

Derby

QPR - already in bad financial position

Fulham - could still be under embargo

Cardiff - basket case

etc

I`d add;

Forest - basket case

Wolves - almost the same

Sheff Weds - gambled everything on going up this season, a bit like Derby

Blackburn - basket case

Brentford - I don`t think anyone knows what`s going on there

Leeds - car crash of a club

Birmingham - losing money hand over fist

Huddersfield & Rotherham - no great attraction

Three promoted sides - unknown quantities

That leaves three decent, well run clubs - Ipswich, Preston, Reading

According to Mr Charisma at Senior Reds recently he and LJ are already looking at "two horses" by which he meant League 1 players and Championship standard players. At the time City's league status was still very uncertain.

Now City are 99% safe that "two horses" is now down to one and both LJ and MA will be looking to strengthen and Ashton will be talking to agents well before the season ends.

As for a City clear out - I'm not sure which players are approaching their last year of contract but I'd expect at least 5 or even 6 current players not to be at City next season. 

Theres media talk that Flint and Bryan are being scouted so both or one of them could be off. I wouldn't be surprised to see Korey Smith being tempted away either. Kodger is also being looked at.

As far as I can tell City desperately need another strong midfielder. Wade Elliot was never replaced adequately and we need a more potent strike force. 

But...I'm not the manager.........so what the hell do I know? :dunno:

4 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

If Kodjia leaves us it will be to go back home. I certainly don't believe he will look to move within this country just yet. He is still learning the language. I really think he still trying to 'settle'

And we won't sign Odemwidgie.  No way.  To old and to pricey for us

Isn't he OOC in the summer?

I think it's been said in  we have a one-year option to extend Reid's contract so I'm certain we'll either take that up or actually offer him i,proved terms for a new, longer, deal. Ice been a big critic of his but he's starting to win event over. What a time to be alive! 

25 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Isn't he OOC in the summer?

I mean wages wise. I think he has been bought in as extra artillery to get us some goals to the end of the season.

He will certainly be one of our top earners if he comes here. Do we really want to waste that sort of wage on a 34 year old?

4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Of the loan players, I'd love us to keep Tomlin and Matthews.

Baker - not so bothered.

Odemwinge I expect will be playing for a top Championship side so seems unlikely.

Agree about Tomlin and Mathews but I'd like to sign Baker. He's a very solid CB and ball winner. Problem might be his wages. He'll be on PL wages and I imagine Villa will be paying a percentage of them. That said there'll be a huge clear out Villa when they're faced with Championship football next season so there may a decent chance of getting him.

As for Odemwingie - if Wilbrahams hadn't signed an extension then maybe as LJ likes having experienced pros around. That said he could bring that extra goal threat bth I'm not sure.

13 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I mean wages wise. I think he has been bought in as extra artillery to get us some goals to the end of the season.

He will certainly be one of our top earners if he comes here. Do we really want to waste that sort of wage on a 34 year old?

Maybe he will just like to get a decent fee for the final year of his career and as long as he enjoys being here, no reason we could not be the ones to pay his retirement pot.

4 hours ago, INCRED said:

I think it's inevitable he will raid Barnsley for a few players and heard Tommy Smith who was his assistant is coming so looks like no future for Pemberton. LJ has eyes on Hibs striker following scouting mission recently and pretty certain we will go back for Gilbey. Matthews will join us in the summer and hope Tomlin also. Not sure about Baker but think LJ likes Pearce so will see on that one. Unless a ridiculous bid comes in for Flint from a Prem club then he along with Bryan & Smith will be with us still. I think we see a lot of fringe players leave and very few staying who are out of contract. It's likely to be a very busy close season and just hope we do our business as early as possible as last summer was embarrassing and was the cause of our poor first half of the season as well as SC stubborn tactics. 

I am sure there will be many threads on OTIB over the coming 4 months on this subject with rumours and speculation which in some people's opinion is more entertaining than the football season

Hi Kachina.

Archived