IGNORED

Leicester

Lanterne Rouge

24 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Anyone else think Leicester fans spoil it a little bit with their premature 'Champions' scarves?

I still want to get behind them as the plucky outsiders but then I see that and it just screams arrogance. It sort of ruins my feelings of goodwill towards them.

If it was us, we'd have to wait until the 97th minute of the last match, and hope that the opposition were down to 9 men, before we dare risk unwrapping the scarves.

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

And then we'd complain because they had Bristol Sport written on them.

and that we wouldn't have had to wait until the 97th minute if we had appointed Warnock :)

Would love them to win the title, used to work in Leicester and made some good friends there.

But looking at that team, as difficult as it would be to repeat the players they've brought show you don't need to spend lots of money to be successful. The keeper was from Leeds, Simpson QPR maybe on a free? Morgan from Forrest, kante playing lower league French football? Vardy from Fleetwood. There's value to be had. 

But would love to see the response on here if we brought a striker from Fleetwood!!!

56 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I'd take Andy Carroll over Sturridge

Agreed,so long as he's 100%.....sure gives another option.we have quite a few genuinely pacey players and its good to mix the bag..only concern would that be in an situation where were chasing the game the temptation to lose patience and just 'hoof it' may come too early!

3 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Agreed,so long as he's 100%.....sure gives another option.we have quite a few genuinely pacey players and its good to mix the bag..only concern would that be in an situation where were chasing the game the temptation to lose patience and just 'hoof it' may come too early!

That's tradition though! Haha

My Dad was a Spurs fan, so I've got a soft spot for them, but even I'm on the Leicester bandwagon

Gives everyone hope, and my Uncle John is a massive Leicester fan, was a ST holder for years. He's nudging 90 now, so doesn't go and I hope his heart takes the strain! What a story it would be, come on Leicester!!

Watched the replay about 5 times and still can't decide if I think that's a yellow card offence. Initially just looked like a tangle of legs - neither a foul nor a dive - but Vardy does look over, see the defender and position himself so that the tangle happens. But does that make it a 'dive' ?

He didn't throw himself to the ground where no contact was made - that's a dive to me. Instead he got in front of his man and ensured that he would get his legs tangled with the defenders. 

Anywhere else on the pitch and you hear the pundits talking about 'being clever' and 'winning' a free kick. 

Big call to send him off for that IMO. 

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not sure it's a 'dive' in the true sense of the word. There's clearly contact - Vardy made sure of it by deliberately getting his legs tangled with the defenders!

This. No pen but no yellow for diving. Fair play to the ref for sticking to his guns though, massive call to give a second yellow for diving.

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Obviously it's a yellow.  Instigating a tangle is simulation and a booking.  Amazing that people slag refs off and can't get it right after five replays 

You see it constantly in every game in other areas of the pitch and it's called 'clever' yet in the box it's a yellow card?

For what it's worth I think it's wrong and have no problem with it being a yellow card - but again it's the inconsistency. 

When a player deliberately plants their feet so that a defender clatters into them because of momentum, it's called a 'clever' piece of play from the attacker who wins the free kick. But because it's in the box it's a dive? Can't work both ways depending on where on the pitch it happens. 

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Instigating a tangle is simulation

That makes no sense. 

Simulation is pretending there's been a tangle when there hasn't been. Instigating the tangle and pretending you're the victim is cheating/sly/cunning for sure, but it's not simulation. 

Archived