IGNORED

Average attendance next season

Redcliffe1990

During our last stint in the Championship we averaged what 14,000 - 16,000? Sold out near enough every game this season and last.

How many do you expect down the Gate next season? Stadium will be all but finished. 17/18k maybe, over 20k would be smashing job.

Also potential for a few sell outs with the likes of Newcastle/Sunderland, Villa and maybe Cardiff.

22 minutes ago, cynic said:

Average this season is 15,200.

I would expect much the same next season, maybe a few hundred more.

I don't think we'd sell out any league games next season with 27k seats to fill and, going by the ST prices, the POTD prices will see to that.

Crikey...turn the gas off....how about looking on the positive side?

27 minutes ago, cynic said:

I don't think we'd sell out any league games next season with 27k seats to fill and, going by the ST prices, the POTD prices will see to that.

I think Villa and Newcastle will be close to that, 24-25k easily.

38 minutes ago, cynic said:

I think thats fairly pessimistic to think we will only get a few hundread more than 15,200. I think around the 18k mark is more realistic.. 

It's going to be interesting to see what season ticket sales come out at. Whilst I don't agree with the pricing strategy I still think that we will get about 15k season ticket holders, which is only 1,500 more than this year. I think this because there is naturally more choice in the seating, I've heard a few people say they're moving to the new stand so naturally this releases other seats all over the ground. The fact that we appear to be finishing well (similarly to two years ago after SC came in) as well will peak interest. 

The POTD prices next year will be interesting. If we are competitive with the pricing, and have a reasonable season (mid table comfort for example) I can see us averaging about 18-19k, the away allocations may drive it up slightly, especially with Villa and Newcastle coming down.

i do think the club missed an opertunity, whilst the discounts and incentives are good, people look at the cash that they're parting with first. I'd have catered to that by knocking £20 - £40 off tickets and also taken similar off the West Stand, I think you could have got another few thousand ST holders that way. And if POTD was followed up with similar pricing, you'd be looking at 22k a game. 

Still, we may all be wrong and with us starting next season with ten wins fans rush to get tickets and half season tickets as we go for a playoff/auto bid with close to sell out crowds every game...on second thoughts I need a sit down and a drink.

20 minutes ago, gas8er said:

Crikey...turn the gas off.the y about looking on the positiv e side?

Fact is the club have ballsed up the pricing

No need to panic buy season tickets as supply will far outway the demand imo

Proper cluster **** By the club

45 minutes ago, cynic said:

100% agree.

21 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I would think Villa and Newcastle would sell out if they could have all of the Atyeo for away fans

In the event of a club wanting more away tickets the top tier will be opened with the closest two blocks to the Atyeo allocated to away support. 

So I was told this week...

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

Be a lot of seats lost through segregation covering of seats one would think. Ultimately the Atyeo needs to be for away fans 

They were pretty clear that the moving home fans out of the Atyeo was a no go and that the west stand can be segregated easily as its been designed that way. 

I can't see the new stadium upping our average attendance to 18k odd. Expect it to be similar to this year maybe 500 more. Could see 20+ for Newcastle/ Villa. Hopefully the club have a few quid a kid games or something for smaller teams so we can try and up the attendances for those games.

A lot of pessimists on here... This season, when we have for the large part been doing cr@p, has still virtually been a sell out for every game. I think lots of extra POTD fans will attend IF we are doing well, especially as unlike this season POTD will be able to get seats with decent view, arguably best view of all from upper West stand (provided club don't price out POTD fans in West stand upper).

So IF we can do quite well on the pitch can easily see us getting 18k plus on average, with 20k plus for the likes of Villa etc for sure.

As an exile who lives in Worthing, I  have a passing interest in Brighton. I'm amazed at how their fortunes have changed over 15 years. They were playing to a similar size of crowds to us and we're then restricted to 6-8k at the athletics stadium. But upon completion of their new ground, they now almost sell out at 27k each big home game and attract early mid 20s for every game.

from what I understand their prices aren't far removed from ours. I can only put this down to being a 1 team city.

to my mind however there is a big argument to reduce season tickets by £100 of massive discounts for certain groups and look to sell out each week.

1 hour ago, gas8er said:

Crikey...turn the gas off....how about looking on the positive side?

I think he's spot on about not selling out a 27k stadium for any league games next season. The only way we would likely see those crowds would be in the Prem. 

Personally I think next seasons average attendance will depend very much on how  well we are doing on the pitch. A similar season to this and we will probably get around 15k. Do well in the top half of the Championship and we may get around the 18k-20k mark. All of this is assuming we are playing Championship football next season.

Home games against Newcastle and Villa however will probably attract just over 20k.

Everyone I know who have ST are going  renewing for next season and I know a lot of City fans who haven't got a ST this season will be getting one next season,

I think we will sell 16,000  ST for next season , with  a couple of thousands potd and with a couple of thousand away fans , I think we could be looking at around 20,000 average. However I do think we could get close to a sell out against  Villa and maybe Sunderland and Newcastle,

We shouldn't under estimate the power of the new stadium, the amount of casual City fans and non football who comments on the new ground in a positive manner.

It really as created a buzz and good finish  to this season and a good start to next the crowds will only grow. 

8 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Everyone I know who have ST are going  renewing for next season and I know a lot of City fans who haven't got a ST this season will be getting one next season,

I think we will sell 16,000  ST for next season , with  a couple of thousands potd and with a couple of thousand away fans , I think we could be looking at around 20,000 average. However I do think we could get close to a sell out against  Villa and maybe Sunderland and Newcastle,

Couldn't agree more with you bs3 maybe not as many season tickets but your right about the club attracting new season tickets.

I haven't had one for nearly 10 years because I cant commit to every game but will be getting one. Also aware of 3 young lads in work getting season tickets because it's so cheap for them.

Good finish to the season and a better summer in the transfer market could see an extra couple thousand on season ticket numbers.

POTD is something I'm worried about however for people wanting to try out the new experience at the gate as it's so bloody annoying and tedious getting a ticket!

We have to get off to a cracking start to the season.

Ultimately, a successful team has good attendances (and I'm surprised by our attendances at the moment considering our position - so this gives me an optimistic look on things).

51 minutes ago, St Aldhelms Red said:

Personally, I cant see us getting many more season ticket holders than this year. A lot of people only bought them this season knowing every game was likely to be a sell out.Obviously if we start well this may change.

I think that is right, we may even sell fewer season tickets.  After that I think it will be how we are doing on the pitch and how good City's marketing people are at creating a buzz; I won't hold my breath on that one.

1 hour ago, Charliesboots said:

In the event of a club wanting more away tickets the top tier will be opened with the closest two blocks to the Atyeo allocated to away support. 

So I was told this week...

That's just a recipe for trouble, 100% nailed on.

Let them have the Atyeo and be done with it, I'm too old for seat dodging.

2 hours ago, Redcliffe1990 said:

During our last stint in the Championship we averaged what 14,000 - 16,000? Sold out near enough every game this season and last.

How many do you expect down the Gate next season? Stadium will be all but finished. 17/18k maybe, over 20k would be smashing job.

Also potential for a few sell outs with the likes of Newcastle/Sunderland, Villa and maybe Cardiff.

16,300ish.....a top ten finish would of course be an higher average but don't see that as likely.

I'd be very surprised (and disappointed) if our average wasn't above 17k next season.

How much higher than that it is will largely depend on POTD prices and how well we do on the pitch...

We're selling out every game at the moment, have an iconic new stand opening next season and will have an increased away allocation (+1200) so no idea why some are saying crowds next season will be the same or only slightly higher than this - that's just bonkers.

17,500 average.

The decisions made have not been conjuisive to maximise the attendance, in order:

A) Restricting away fans to 2,500 or whatever instead of giving them the whole Atyeo.

B) Not opening the upper tier until demand dictates actually reduces the demand. Less choice and bigger groups wont be able to sit together.

C) Prices not quite as good as they could be.

we currently have 12,500 ST holders (which was capped) all in a season in which we have struggled since day 1 and up to recent times been genuine relegation candidates.  in the 2007 Wembley PO final season we reached 14,000. The club have added 1,000 extra family seats in an area already sold out , they have added many more deals covering age groups up to 25. one more win (hopefully Saturday) will secure our championship status before the early bird renewals are up. I would be extremely disappointed if we don't end up with 16,000 ST holders come August. Given that away fans will have the ability to have slightly over 3000 seats , which will cover most clubs in this division we are already over the 19,000 mark. The unknown will be the POTD element which will come down to what pricing structure the club adopt, and how pro active they have been in the local schools and clubs. I would imagine somewhere in the region of 1,500 to 3,000 dependant on the quality of the opposition . All in I think our gates will fluctuate between 18,000 to 23,000. Villa and Newcastle will get around 25,000.   Ave. attendance over the whole of next season  21,000. Obviously the top tier will have to be openly available for this to happen , as people will want to sample the quality of the showpiece stand and a view of the game and stadium which has never been available before at AG. Remember that the dizzy heights of 23,000 in AG will still leave 4,000 empty seats.

COYR

29 minutes ago, EASTEND WURZEL said:

we currently have 12,500 ST holders (which was capped) all in a season in which we have struggled since day 1 and up to recent times been genuine relegation candidates.  in the 2007 Wembley PO final season we reached 14,000. The club have added 1,000 extra family seats in an area already sold out , they have added many more deals covering age groups up to 25. one more win (hopefully Saturday) will secure our championship status before the early bird renewals are up. I would be extremely disappointed if we don't end up with 16,000 ST holders come August. Given that away fans will have the ability to have slightly over 3000 seats , which will cover most clubs in this division we are already over the 19,000 mark. The unknown will be the POTD element which will come down to what pricing structure the club adopt, and how pro active they have been in the local schools and clubs. I would imagine somewhere in the region of 1,500 to 3,000 dependant on the quality of the opposition . All in I think our gates will fluctuate between 18,000 to 23,000. Villa and Newcastle will get around 25,000.   Ave. attendance over the whole of next season  21,000. Obviously the top tier will have to be openly available for this to happen , as people will want to sample the quality of the showpiece stand and a view of the game and stadium which has never been available before at AG. Remember that the dizzy heights of 23,000 in AG will still leave 4,000 empty seats.

COYR

Bang on Imo. What people forget is our capacity was capped in the championship under Johnson senior. We could have had 25k for the bigger games which would have pushed our average attendance up to around 19k.

Archived