IGNORED

Average attendance next season

Redcliffe1990

37 minutes ago, Kingswood mask said:

Need to lift guestapo parking restrictions around the ground, this will sadly always put people off. Just a thought peeps x

What parking restrictions are you referring to, @Kingswood mask? As far as I know, there are no enforceable parking restrictions on match days over and above those usually in force in the week. 

1 hour ago, bs3 said:

Everyone I know who have ST are going  renewing for next season and I know a lot of City fans who haven't got a ST this season will be getting one next season,

I think we will sell 16,000  ST for next season , with  a couple of thousands potd and with a couple of thousand away fans , I think we could be looking at around 20,000 average. However I do think we could get close to a sell out against  Villa and maybe Sunderland and Newcastle,

I and many others are members but not ST holders have struggled to get tickets this season due to the reduced capacity, next season I think we should comfortably average 18k and as others have said, no reason why we can't attract 25k plus for the more attractive games especially if we have a decent start

11 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I'd be amazed if there's not some sort of service in place for next season. 

One of the conditions of the new stand planning permission was that a travel plan is put in place so that buses have to be laid on at certain attendance trigger points. Ie average crowd rises above 18k = 4 buses put on, or whatever...

3 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

In the event of a club wanting more away tickets the top tier will be opened with the closest two blocks to the Atyeo allocated to away support. 

So I was told this week...

By whom? Not what I've heard.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

One of the conditions of the new stand planning permission was that a travel plan is put in place so that buses have to be laid on at certain attendance trigger points. Ie average crowd rises above 18k = 4 buses put on, or whatever...

By whom? Not what I've heard.

This week during a meeting by the "decision makers". 

A couple us present asked and that was the stock answer. 

I've been back and forth on this. When ST prices came out I thought we'd struggle to get more than this year. Now that we are almost safe and playing well on top of the excitement of a new stadium, I'm thinking we could do well. 

We do need to stop looking at the stadium as 27k. It won't be for the majority of league games. It'll be 22,500 or so with the top of the new Williams closed off. 12.5k ST this year capped. If we retain status as keep up this momentum and have a decent summer I can see it at 16k ST. 1k away fans average I'll call it plus another 2k POTD. Maybe low estimated but that puts us at 19,000 out of 22,500 available. That's about 84% full and I'm thinking that will be a real nice year for us. I know it won't count as 84% but we should fill it quite nicely. Also if the rugby go up, I can see our ST going up as it represents great value getting a dual ticket. 

6 hours ago, City1984 said:

Fact is the club have ballsed up the pricing

No need to panic buy season tickets as supply will far outway the demand imo

Proper cluster **** By the club

On what grounds have the club ballsed up the pricing? West Stand prices I accept are overpriced. Aside from that, the per-game prices in the other stands look reasonable to me. They have barely gone up at all over the last 10 years (when we've been playing Championship football).

Early indications are that season ticket sales are strong. We sold 4,000 in one day! That doesn't sound like a balls-up to me. Pricing is not just about selling as many as possible, it's also about generating sufficient revenue to compete with clubs with bigger attendances and/or parachute payments. Do you want the club to compete for the best players? Or do you want a charity that hands out cheap season tickets but can't afford to even think about pushing for the Premier League?

7 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Not expecting much with the ST prices remaining the same. Only hope is if POTD go down, which they surely should.

I'd expect 14-16k again. Shame.

Agree POTD needs to come down. £38 in the Dolman this year is shameful.

In terms of encouraging new support and "new stadium bounce", POTD prices are much more important. Prospective new fans don't jump straight into a season ticket.

16 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

17,500 average.

The decisions made have not been conjuisive to maximise the attendance, in order:

A) Restricting away fans to 2,500 or whatever instead of giving them the whole Atyeo.

B) Not opening the upper tier until demand dictates actually reduces the demand. Less choice and bigger groups wont be able to sit together.

C) Prices not quite as good as they could be.

completely. to varying degrees, these have been lunatic decisions. 

17 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

17,500 average.

The decisions made have not been conjuisive to maximise the attendance, in order:

A) Restricting away fans to 2,500 or whatever instead of giving them the whole Atyeo.

B) Not opening the upper tier until demand dictates actually reduces the demand. Less choice and bigger groups wont be able to sit together.

C) Prices not quite as good as they could be.

Re: B.  There will be around 20,000 seats available to home fans in the lower bowl.  More than enough space for groups of any size within reason to sit together.  And if there isn't the upper tier will be opened.  The club aren't going to wait until every last seat in the lower bowl is filled before they open the top tier because they know that limits the potential for groups.

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Re: B.  There will be around 20,000 seats available to home fans in the lower bowl.  More than enough space for groups of any size within reason to sit together.  And if there isn't the upper tier will be opened.  The club aren't going to wait until every last seat in the lower bowl is filled before they open the top tier because they know that limits the potential for groups.

You have hit the nail on the head re;at what point/physically timescale wise would 'the club' make a decision to open top teir.clear concise thinking will need to be employed-you would hope a well thought out sop for this event..should add emphasis on 'hope'!..

• SC&T Board Members
16 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

This week during a meeting by the "decision makers". 

A couple us present asked and that was the stock answer. 

A big u-turn if that's the case. Andrew Billingham has previously said in meetings with FAN and the Atyeo group that away fans on the upper tier of the West Stand is a complete non-starter (due to his fears that they might throw things onto City fans down below).

Are some people honestly saying that if City spend the whole season in the top 6 challenging for promotion, that due to ticket prices we can only expect crowds of 18,000? Nonsense.

It's possible we'd get those sorts of crowds if we spent the whole season in the bottom 6.

10 minutes ago, MigratedRobin said:

Are some people honestly saying that if City spend the whole season in the top 6 challenging for promotion, that due to ticket prices we can only expect crowds of 18,000? Nonsense.

It's possible we'd get those sorts of crowds if we spent the whole season in the bottom 6.

I imagine we're averaging something like 15,500 this season, banging up against capacity every game.

It would take nothing to get us up to 18,000.

Don't forget how the excitement will build over the summer as Lee builds the team in his image (figuratively speaking, of course). The board would NOT permit a fiasco like last summer.

Unfortunately, I could only ever see us filling the place for league matches towards the end of a season if we were in the play-offs, or higher, or if we went up - in which case the ground is too small anyway!!

:dunno:

Uncle TFR

57 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

A big u-turn if that's the case. Andrew Billingham has previously said in meetings with FAN and the Atyeo group that away fans on the upper tier of the West Stand is a complete non-starter (due to his fears that they might throw things onto City fans down below).

We echoed that reason yet the response was the same. 

Surely the whole ground will be open for the first home game next season. Who can tell how many POTDers might turn up. Coventry got 27000 on their return to the Ricoh.....got to be a case of suck it and see?

Mind you, nothing would surprise me with our club....probably end up with 5000 locked out.

Archived