IGNORED

Average attendance next season

Redcliffe1990

10 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Surely the whole ground will be open for the first home game next season. Who can tell how many POTDers might turn up. Coventry got 27000 on their return to the Ricoh.....got to be a case of suck it and see?

Mind you, nothing would surprise me with our club....probably end up with 5000 locked out.

Sorry.

I thought we were talking about average attendances, not just the first game of next season?

With the high profile signings the club will be making AND the new stand it is obvious to all the first game will sell out.

Stop stating the obvious, or I will ask Tomarse to send you a slightly shitty rebuke.

:redcard:

Uncle TFR

13 minutes ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

Sorry.

I thought we were talking about average attendances, not just the first game of next season?

With the high profile signings the club will be making AND the new stand it is obvious to all the first game will sell out.

Stop stating the obvious, or I will ask Tomarse to send you a slightly shitty rebuke.

:redcard:

Uncle TFR

And I'll get Colin round to back scuttle you.

Putting the west stand prices aside, (which, given the limited number at a decent height, I personally think are too high), generally the prices are excellent value...

i just renewed mine and my son, for a season of (hopefully) entertainment against the likes of Newcastle, Villa and Burton, and the cost is considerably less than 2 tickets for Glastonbury...I know where I think the value is there. 

2 minutes ago, winsleyred said:

I don,'t support the gas so don't say i do you just picking on us rotund fans

I find that City fans carry a bit of weight much better than the blue few.

18 minutes ago, winsleyred said:

I don,'t support the gas so don't say i do you are just picking on us rotund fans

Don't you worry, mate, there are laws out there to protect people who are challenged in the 'I have to make my own belts' department.

Do NOT be cowed.

:hug:

Uncle TFR

2 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

And I'll get Colin round to back scuttle you.

He thinks he is funny .......

You, Sir, have just earned yourself a ban from the new West Stand Upper Tier for three category 'C' matches next season.

Ha.

Uncle TFR

Huddersfield have sold more than 14k season tickets for next season, impressive stuff. The one-size price of £179 proving too tempting for some up there. Unlike their game v Hull on Saturday, when only 12,800 turnt up, including 2k visiting fans.

I wonder how many HT need to sell at £179 to be "competitive" though? Probably a few more than 14k. 

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

Huddersfield have sold more than 14k season tickets for next season, impressive stuff. The one-size price of £179 proving too tempting for some up there. Unlike their game v Hull on Saturday, when only 12,800 turnt up, including 2k visiting fans.

I wonder how many HT need to sell at £179 to be "competitive" though? Probably a few more than 14k. 

In terms of revenue generation, it's equivalent to us selling about 7k at our current prices, plus they will lose a lot of POTD sales. So in pure economic terms they will be a lot worse off than us.

On 11 April 2016 at 17:18, Charliesboots said:

In the event of a club wanting more away tickets the top tier will be opened with the closest two blocks to the Atyeo allocated to away support. 

So I was told this week...

Such a ridiculous way of doing things in a stadium with a three-sided bowl and one separate stand. If only there was a more obvious solution...

As others have said, our benefactor will not have built this fantastic stadium to have it half empty with 14,000 rattling round inside. 

There will be schemes to get the punters in, perhaps putting my season ticket nose out of place, but I would support that.  I would also look at Reading.  I used to go to watch us at Elm park (remember that Sh1t hole !!) but when they relocated to the majestic it was like a transformation.  Old saying, build it and they will come.  Likewise all sorts of rumours that Ashton and LJ have a war chest to get us challenging next season.  I can believe it as well.  Lets wait and see but i have a vision of NUFC home first game and a full house !! (or Villa)

10 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

As others have said, our benefactor will not have built this fantastic stadium to have it half empty with 14,000 rattling round inside. 

There will be schemes to get the punters in, perhaps putting my season ticket nose out of place, but I would support that.  I would also look at Reading.  I used to go to watch us at Elm park (remember that Sh1t hole !!) but when they relocated to the majestic it was like a transformation.  Old saying, build it and they will come.  Likewise all sorts of rumours that Ashton and LJ have a war chest to get us challenging next season.  I can believe it as well.  Lets wait and see but i have a vision of NUFC home first game and a full house !! (or Villa)

Reading, with a pre-Madejski stad average high of 15k (in 1952!) more than doubled their crowd in less than ten years from their last season at Elm Park in 98 (9k) to their promotion season to the Prem in 2006 (20k). Or from a 3k average in 92 to 23k in the Prem in 2007. Good going that. Imagine us doubling our crowd, from 15k to 30k, never mind increasing it six or seven fold (the mind boggles; what's that times what we're getting now? This must be what they mean when they say "sleeping giant").

Promotions, success on the field and PL football helped enormously but Reading have held onto their new supporters surprisingly well, averaging 17,500 this season. A big away end with room for 4300 helps a bit. If they can get 17k (the same as Birmingham City), sat in midtable, why can't we get 18k?

Basically, at this moment in time, football is popular. Even Rovers, given a new ground, would see a big hike in their home crowds. We're ahead of them and need to nab any floating or potential new fans while we have the chance

Simply depends on how we're doing. If by this time next season we're in Boltons shoes and relegated, our average attendance will be poor, if we're I and around the Top 6, with some six pointers against other play-off hopefuls, I'm sure we're looking at 22/23k at games at this point in the season. If we find ourselves battling got the title, we'll be selling out. 

Impossible to say until the season unfolds. Would expect near full house first game, regardless. 

Archived