IGNORED

Did you rate Joe Burnell?

reddogkev

13 hours ago, NickJ said:

I have never in 48 years of supporting City directly criticised a player or the team, at a game. You seem to relish in the fact that you have.

Really?

You have seen Ian Baird, watched City spinelessly roll over under the likes of O'Driscoll and never even muttered some discontent?

But you have criticised managers at a game? Chanted "Pulis for Pompey" away at Brentford?

Burnell was at his best when he was Tommy Doc's legs. Tommy had ability but couldn't run and Joe would intercept and 99.9% of the time pass the ball back to a defender. 

I remember Burnell scored once (possibly only once ever) and I guy in front of me welled up and commented he thought he'd never see that day. 

He was a trier so he always got a thumbs up from me. 

I recall Hewlett being a bit knock-kneed as my gran would say. 

3 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

Really?

You have seen Ian Baird, watched City spinelessly roll over under the likes of O'Driscoll and never even muttered some discontent?

But you have criticised managers at a game? Chanted "Pulis for Pompey" away at Brentford?

I'm not sure if that counts as criticising a manager or pleading for him to do the right thing for the sake of our football club.

Archived