IGNORED

NFL draft

'Orns

4 hours ago, BoonerNC said:

Did anyone read the story about the German kid that got drafted by the Vikings?.

He's also the first draft pick to sign a contract.

Not bad for someone who hadn't even played football until 17 years old

There's a video article about him, I think he attended one of the Florida colleges pro day then had a private work out. The scouts seemed to be impressed with his 40 time, 4.43, I hope things work out well for him.

This years draft had good news stories like injured players being given a chance (Jack & Smith) A german who started playing after watching AP run the ball for the Vikings on You Tube. Who got drafted by the Vikings! AND.. a kid who battled Luekemia as a child (announced a pick a few years back in a kind of 'make a wish' situation) and ended up getting drafted this year.

And all the press are talking about is a Tackle who took a bong hit once! :laugh:!

Got to love the NFL Soap Opera!

My overall takeaway from the draft....
Jacksonville could be the surprise package next year!
My Chargers did ok (LOVE the Bosa pick)
Dallas will win the east with Elliot and a healthy Romo/Dez
Jets drafted Hackenburg!??? Typical Jets!
Gutted I missed most of the coverage over the weekend but my Stag weekend got in the way!

2 hours ago, nathredwood said:

My overall takeaway from the draft....
Jacksonville could be the surprise package next year!
My Chargers did ok (LOVE the Bosa pick)
Dallas will win the east with Elliot and a healthy Romo/Dez
Jets drafted Hackenburg!??? Typical Jets!
Gutted I missed most of the coverage over the weekend but my Stag weekend got in the way!

Have to agree on Jacksonville, on paper they nailed it
Love the Bosa pick too, well done you!
**** Dallas
Bless the Jets, hated that pick! Unless it's a bargaining ploy with Fitzpatrick and they will give CH his beloved #14 jersey unless he signs at a decent rate!
Hope the hangover has finally gone!

16 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Have to agree on Jacksonville, on paper they nailed it
Love the Bosa pick too, well done you!
**** Dallas
Bless the Jets, hated that pick! Unless it's a bargaining ploy with Fitzpatrick and they will give CH his beloved #14 jersey unless he signs at a decent rate!
Hope the hangover has finally gone!

It's still lingering!

Staying up so late for the first round and then setting off at 9am on the Friday morning was a recipe for disaster!

7 minutes ago, nathredwood said:

It's still lingering!

Staying up so late for the first round and then setting off at 9am on the Friday morning was a recipe for disaster!

Ouch! Still, you only do it once.....unless you're me, I've managed to have two stag weekends :)

Archived