IGNORED

Pre Season Tour?

allyolly

8 minutes ago, Malaggro is back said:

Willem II

No contest. Good side and a brilliant trip to a fun and friendly place.

All this talk from some on here of 'superfans' - get a life. Nobody is claiming to be a 'superfan' but there are hundreds who can vouch for the fun they've had and the friends they have made with a cracking bunch of Dutch people.

Needs to be what is best for the team not the fans.

29 minutes ago, Malaggro is back said:

Quite right, and that includes the fans, even if some of the sanctimonious souls on here don't tend to agree.

There's some odd folk about.

Botswana wasn't great for the fans.

2 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Tallinn, Estonia,  games against Kalju Noome, Flora and Levadia. trouble is it would be in the middle of the season here, so they would have to fit City in!

I must admit I enjoyed the two trips to Latvia under GJ so Tallinn would be great. Stayed in Tallinn a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

Thinking back on 2010 the organizers had a tough time with Reading the year before asking loads of questions, having demands etc. When City came the year after it was all quite. No demands or questions. Players were not told/had no idea who they were going to play the other day. A PL side or a National League side? Good to know on top of hard training. Got quite a few questions from players.

10 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Having seen the standard first hand the other week at Cracovia v. Łeçzna I  think we'd need a better workout! 

Jeden Stomil Olsztyn.............Tam jest tylko jeden Stomil Olsztyn    one Stomil Olsztyn, there's only one            etc etc

Pardon the Polish, I'm only good at ordering beer and complimenting barmaids shapes, hmmmm

22 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Always fancied Ireland myself.

Trouble is the League of Ireland (the Republic) play in the Summer, so clubs would have to interrupt their league schedule to fit in friendlies.

The Irish League (Ulster) play in Autumn - Spring as we do, but would the likes of Glentorran, Linfield, Ballymena and Crusaders be a useful work out for City?

Instead of a tour, City could always host a four team tournament.

1; An English fringe competition:- City (West), Norwich (East), Carlisle (North) and Pompey (South) or;

2; A British red & white tourno:- City (England), Aberdeen (Scotland), Wrexham (Wales) and Cliftonville (Ulster).

Archived