IGNORED

Liverpool

glynriley

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I don't think there's much jealousy going on. I didn't hear a quarter of the kerfuffle from Man City fans as I have Liverpool fans and they achieved something reasonable this week. Liverpool fans have always been in your face "Look, aren't we amazing!" when truth be told they've just beaten a well drilled German outfit whose resources are probably a tenth of Liverpool's. I can only compare it to the gas celebrating a 2-2 draw away at Northampton. You've just had a good win, but let's not forget that it's in a competition that lacks all of the better teams from Europe. I just ask for a little perspective.

So yes, enjoy your win, but let's not play the "We're one of the two most successful clubs in this country" because by your formula, the third most successful team are probably Nottingham Forest!

I'm no Liverpool fan, but I would be surprised if the fans of any team would not be equally as insufferable if they achieved the sort of comeback Liverpool managed last night.

I don't remember City fans being reserved in their reaction when we won 5-4 at Mansfield - the only difference was that we didn't have the weight of the English media promoting the result as well.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Is this Man City who couldn't even sell out the biggest European game in their history?

It doesn't alter the fact that they achieved a result ten times better than Liverpool. Truth be told, I couldn't care less about either team and their european exploits, it's just a lack of perspective that all Liverpool fans seem to have.

Celebrating results that should be the norm like they've won the world cup & praising themselves as having the best fans in the country, sounds all a little too familiar to me.

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I'm no Liverpool fan, but I would be surprised if the fans of any team would not be equally as insufferable if they achieved the sort of comeback Liverpool managed last night.

I don't remember City fans being reserved in their reaction when we won 5-4 at Mansfield - the only difference was that we didn't have the weight of the English media promoting the result as well.

I get your point. It was a brilliant come back. But my point is that Liverpool fans are continually like that. More so than any other set of fans!

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

It doesn't alter the fact that they achieved a result ten times better than Liverpool. Truth be told, I couldn't care less about either team and their european exploits, it's just a lack of perspective that all Liverpool fans seem to have.

Celebrating results that should be the norm like they've won the world cup & praising themselves as having the best fans in the country, sounds all a little too familiar to me.

Ok in a higher competition but I would argue that Dortmund are a stronger team than PSG. Anyway good that we still have English teams left in so good luck to both of them in the next round.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I get your point. It was a brilliant come back. But my point is that Liverpool fans are continually like that. More so than any other set of fans!

Maybe that is one reason they can create an atmosphere in the first place? That histrionic streak in scousers. Maybe we could do with a bit more of that, here in apathetic, undemonstrative Bristol? Just asking... 

4 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Maybe that is one reason they can create an atmosphere in the first place? That histrionic streak in scousers. Maybe we could do with a bit more of that, here in apathetic, undemonstrative Bristol? Just asking... 

Ironically half of Anfield was probably filled from people living in Bristol and the south! Throw in Scandanavia, Ireland etc etc etc.

4 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

Massively classless that any paper even reports that given that every person in a wheelchair comes with a friend/care assistant (of which i am sometimes one) and it was them getting out of their seats. 

13 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

clearly see one in wheelchair jumping out of their seat, not tarring all with the same brush

Careful now . I once had a stunningly beautiful young girlfriend who had a disability badge , due to arthritus  , and she was often harangued by ignorant tits as if she had no right to use a disabled parking spot because she was walking.

What they did n't know was the pain she suffered but was to proud to show and the fatigue which meant she could n't walk very far without having an incapacitating attack which could lay her low for days.

So before you get on your high horse, think .

15 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Careful now . I once had a stunningly beautiful young girlfriend who had a disability badge , due to arthritus  , and she was often harangued by ignorant tits as if she had no right to use a disabled parking spot because she was walking.

What they did n't know was the pain she suffered but was to proud to show and the fatigue which meant she could n't walk very far without having an incapacitating attack which could lay her low for days.

So before you get on your high horse, think .

I'm really really sorry for this, but I expected a punchline at the end of that. It's what your jovial demeanour has made me expect. 

I surely can't be the only one?

Facebook ten minutes in last night was full of plastics moaning about their team, ******* world beaters 90 mins later

Can't stand Liverpool, or their plastic fans who continually take the piss out of United for being plastic. As others have mentioned, there were plenty of cars, coaches, trains leaving from all corners of the UK to support them, exactly the same as United. As for their 'wonderful' support, if only a few more of them supported their local clubs

That said, it sounded like a wonderful atmosphere, although I literally turned the radio on 30 seconds before the bagged the winner, and it was a terrific comeback. And there is something about Klopp that I'd love to see him do well, he just seems like a lovely bloke

21 hours ago, INCRED said:

Incredible come back but their fans never at any point stopped supporting the team - a lesson for all fans, don't turn on your players as they can pull off miracles

Anyone else notice the Dortmund fans at the end. Their players went over to them to be greeted with abuse and shaking of fists. But as you say, when to goals behind the 'pool fans kept backing their team.

Archived