IGNORED

Hope this could be aimed at us signing him.

Vincent Vega

2 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Instagram, the app he's posting from.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Still, I doubt from the stories we have heard, that he would have been quite so positive about life in the couple of months leading to his loan move here as he seemed quite vocal in his frustrations about his time at Bournemouth.

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Still, I doubt from the stories we have heard, that he would have been quite so positive about life in the couple of months leading to his loan move here as he seemed quite vocal in his frustrations about his time at Bournemouth.

Agree completely, just clearing up the impossibility of prior posts. 

Baker I can see going back to Villa, and Odemwingie off somewhere else. Matthews, if you believe what you read, is pretty much agreed already. I think with all of that in mind, we need to be doing all we can to sign Tomlin on a permanent deal. He isn't wanted at his parent club, seems to be enjoying his time here, and has been a big part of the turnaround we've witnessed since he's been here. He offers something that nobody else has. Wages could possibly be an issue, but in fairness sometimes you have to spend money to make money. 

If however someone from a other club is reading this though, I do have a tendancy to over exaggerate things. He's actually not very good and would disrupt your dressing room - would definitely stay away :fear:

• Admin

It's certainly in our favour that he's seen first hand at Bournemouth that a bigger pay packet doesn't always equal happiness. If we can offer him somewhere close to the deal he was on at Boro and convince him we are aiming to challenge at the top I would hope to stand a good chance of signing him. He comes from a very humble background. 

3 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

It would be a massive positive for us as a club if we were able to get him to sign a permanent deal here & would show that we as a club are moving in the right direction.

It would also show other potential targets that we are a club with the right ambition to move forward & hopefully help others buy into where the club is going.

It was something that was needed last summer, IF we had managed to get the Gray or Gayle deals over the line, it would have shown others our intent was there & that we were able to convince players of a higher calibre that we were ambitious & that we had an intent to move the club forward & would have maybe changed that perception of us being in a footballing back water!!

Once that first piece of the jigsaw is put into place, it makes fitting the other pieces into the puzzle that little bit easier.

Here's hoping that this could be the first of many over what promises to be a very interesting summer of recruiting for us.

Corners and edges are the key .

16 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Let me, sorry.

If you look at his other recent posts, he's posted happy pictures of himself at Peterborough, Boro and even Bournemouth - and one of Eddie Howe saying 'top manager'. Enough to muddy the waters a little.

Jeez, you are a fun scavenger, aren't you

Although I agree 100% with what you say, I'm gonna hang on to the belief that he's going to sign permanently, then get really angry and call him a fat**** when he doesn't. You can remind me of this post on that day and remind me not to be so bloody childish

11 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Jeez, you are a fun scavenger, aren't you

Although I agree 100% with what you say, I'm gonna hang on to the belief that he's going to sign permanently, then get really angry and call him a fat**** when he doesn't. You can remind me of this post on that day and remind me not to be so bloody childish

Yes, yes I am.

What may also be a contributory factor in all this to him staying is that I would have thought our infrastructure isn't going to compare unfavourably against Bournemouths. It's not like he's been used to the best training facilities, fantastic stadium, huge crowds etc like say a player from an established, or top 6 Prem club would be used to. 

6 minutes ago, JustinCider said:

What may also be a contributory factor in all this to him staying is that I would have thought our infrastructure isn't going to compare unfavourably against Bournemouths. It's not like he's been used to the best training facilities, fantastic stadium, huge crowds etc like say a player from an established, or top 6 Prem club would be used to. 

True , but also highly unlikely a player from an established top 6 club would come here.

6 minutes ago, JustinCider said:

He did play for Peterborough though .

6 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think he's a good fit for the club, think he's relishing kind of being the main man, and at 27 is actually one of the more experienced members of the squad. He seems to be enjoying his role in the team very much. Job satisfaction counts for a lot - even more than pay - so the studies show I believe.

Agree 100% on the comment about being happy and feeling loved.  He made some very complimentary remarks in his post match interview about how LJ handled half time team talk at Fulham.  As long as we can sort out the wages i can see him staying.

6 hours ago, Ian M said:

It's certainly in our favour that he's seen first hand at Bournemouth that a bigger pay packet doesn't always equal happiness. If we can offer him somewhere close to the deal he was on at Boro and convince him we are aiming to challenge at the top I would hope to stand a good chance of signing him. He comes from a very humble background. 

How much is he on at Bournemouth. If we sign him then it won't be for much less than 15-20k pw

2 hours ago, Doozerchris said:

True , but also highly unlikely a player from an established top 6 club would come here.

You're right Doozer. What I meant was although we might get a fringe player or youngster on loan from a 'big' Prem club, that player is likely to be not blown away with the facilities etc when compared to his home club, so wouldn't be that keen on staying here unless he had no better options. Whilst that's not likely the case with regards to Tomlin and what he's used to at Bournemouth. Of course, at the end of the day it's going to come down what does he see as the best opportunity available to him when it comes to making a decision about his future, it might be us but it might not be, only time will tell.

5 hours ago, Griffin said:

Because it's commonly reffered to as IG, do you say 'Bristol City Football Club' whenever you talk about city?

No, thats because everyone would know if I said "City" they would know I was referring to our club, unlike your IG that I had no clue about.

1 minute ago, fanjita said:

No, thats because everyone would know if I said "City" they would know I was referring to our club, unlike your IG that I had no clue about.

Well everyone I know personally know what IG means, so I used it. Maybe you need to get with the times;)

Archived