IGNORED

Hope this could be aimed at us signing him.

Vincent Vega

This makes me happy

Must admit, as much as he's a good footballer, my first impression of Tomlin was that he was someone who had the potential to come here and cause problems. That is probably massively unfair and based on something I must have read about his move from Peterboro to Boro, then out of Boro pretty quickly. If he signs permanently then I'm a happy man this summer, got this one badly wrong

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

This makes me happy

Must admit, as much as he's a good footballer, my first impression of Tomlin was that he was someone who had the potential to come here and cause problems. That is probably massively unfair and based on something I must have read about his move from Peterboro to Boro, then out of Boro pretty quickly. If he signs permanently then I'm a happy man this summer, got this one badly wrong

Ditto, Woodsy.

He seemed to get sent off fairly regularly while at Posh, and looked like he had a bad attitude while on the pitch.

We have seen nothing of the sort.

I was wrong about him also, really hope we can sign him permanently.

1 minute ago, The Gasbuster said:

Ditto, Woodsy.

He seemed to get sent off fairly regularly while at Posh, and looked like he had a bad attitude while on the pitch.

Do you think if we were to apologise personally after the last game, and ask him very nicely he'd consider it?

I'd defo do it!!

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Does he love life enough to take a pay cut to come here? 

You'd think ex non league he's the kind of humble, feels very lucky to be doing this job, so wages may not be as high as they are now, but he'd be willing to take a little cut

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Does he love life enough to take a pay cut to come here? 

Hopefully. Put it like this he's 'hating life' at Bournemouth and as Howe ain't going anywhere that situation is unlikely to improve in the near future.

He's leaving Bournemouth and purely by having him here, and him seemingly thoroughly enjoying his time here, we have a big head start on others.

I think he's a good fit for the club, think he's relishing kind of being the main man, and at 27 is actually one of the more experienced members of the squad. He seems to be enjoying his role in the team very much. Job satisfaction counts for a lot - even more than pay - so the studies show I believe.

12 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Ditto, Woodsy.

He's been tremendous for us, but it's not completely true that his disciplinary record is squeaky clean for us.

The Cardiff game he got booked in the tunnel at half time for complaining to the referee. Very poor from a professional footballer. Also I remember when Reid went down and no penalty was given Tomlin looked at the referee rather than taking his shot. Play to the whistle I say.

Don't want to make this thread negative, as it was an off day!

It would be a massive positive for us as a club if we were able to get him to sign a permanent deal here & would show that we as a club are moving in the right direction.

It would also show other potential targets that we are a club with the right ambition to move forward & hopefully help others buy into where the club is going.

It was something that was needed last summer, IF we had managed to get the Gray or Gayle deals over the line, it would have shown others our intent was there & that we were able to convince players of a higher calibre that we were ambitious & that we had an intent to move the club forward & would have maybe changed that perception of us being in a footballing back water!!

Once that first piece of the jigsaw is put into place, it makes fitting the other pieces into the puzzle that little bit easier.

Here's hoping that this could be the first of many over what promises to be a very interesting summer of recruiting for us.

It would be fantastic to sign him, in my opinion he has been the catalyst in our upturn in recent months.

He makes things happen and has an incredible touch and deceptive pace.

As others have said he his constantly talking to the rest of the team, especially the younger lads which I am certain helps them during a game.

i suppose it depends what motivates him, looks like he will be leaving Bournemouth , but his displays for us will not have gone unnoticed elsewhere .

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

Nothing in it - he's been posting a variety of pictures from his career over the past weeks with similar captions

Which could all point towards the fact that he feels settled / wanted / happy here?

Was he posting such positive posts in the couple of months leading to his loan move to us?

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

Which could all point towards the fact that he feels settled / wanted / happy here?

Was he posting such positive posts in the couple of months leading to his loan move to us?

He only made IG a couple of weeks ago.

A cynical view this, perhaps, but could it be that Lee is broadcasting what he wants the football community (scouts/chief execs/heads of recruitment/coaches) to see, ahead of the upcoming summer transfer window? 

Archived