IGNORED

Gary Johnson does it again

Murraysrightplum

It went a bit wrong at the end of his time with City, but I still think he's a great manager. He's got a fantastic record in the lower leagues and it would have been interesting to see how he would have fared had we reached the Premiership. I would love to have been present when Gary Johnson delivered one of his hand grenades to some overpaid players. It might have ended in tears, but it would have been fun to watch. Of course, if he had reached the Premiership, he would have shared a bottle of good red wine with Alex Ferguson after a match. I'm sure Gary would have given him some tips on how to improve the Man U team 

I feel for FGR but they have drew far too many games recently, fair play to GJ and Cheltenham as its a tough league to get out of first time round let alone become champions. Just hope FGR come via the playoffs so we can have 2 Gloucestershire sides, be good for the local area (its where I live)

Plus they have derbies against the richest club on the planet next season, who wouldn't relish that :blink:

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

A fifth promotion for GJ - two Conference titles, one League Two title, League One runners-up, League One play-off winners.

And of course a Championship play-off final.

Not a bad record over the past 15 years.

Perhaps a future manager for us :yawn:

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

For me on the best lower league managers in recent times. 

Definitely - under certain conditions there a few better at lower league level. Cheltenham did very well to bring him in. Excels in turning clubs round quickly, working to a tight budget and finding players who never stop working for him. 

If players buy into what he wants, he's brilliant. In a strange sort of way, in my opinion, he's more likely to get the likes of Yeovil promoted than a big underachieving club like Sheffield United or Coventry.

9 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Of course, if he had reached the Premiership, he would have shared a bottle of good red wine with Alex Ferguson after a match. 

Think GJ is teetotal, but I bet he"d have been good value in the post match chat with Fergie.

Congratulation GJ.  Great achievement. 

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

A fifth promotion for GJ - two Conference titles, one League Two title, League One runners-up, League One play-off winners.

And of course a Championship play-off final.

Not a bad record over the past 15 years.

A cracking manager. Should have a much higher profile than he does because he has earned it. What he did to Yeovil rivals many other's achievements in the game. He also took us from League One mediocrity to mid table Championship when he left. He may have a shelf life, but there's no doubting (in my mind) his ability to achieve. Indeed people talk about SC at Sheff Utd and I think why on earth not GJ...???!!! If the man can get promoted with Yeovil and the shambles he inherited here, I would gladly back him to do it at Sheff Utd. I think he'd be a very astute appointment. 

Incredible job done by Gary once again.

To come straight back up as Champions with Cheltenham, a club that isn't exactly massive even by Conference standards (no offence intended), when they're facing the negative momentum of relegation and the need to create a whole new squad. To face those challenges was an amazing accomplishment and Gary's clearly got the team spirit going once more.

Been following their results all season so glad to see them finally confirm it. Hopefully they have a good season again next year - with Gary at the helm, I can see it happening.

1 hour ago, Red Army Faction said:

Think GJ is teetotal, but I bet he"d have been good value in the post match chat with Fergie.

Congratulation GJ.  Great achievement. 

Looks like a beer in hand here, he's certainly earned it. This is a great video though, still the same showman he was here

Archived