IGNORED

The broom

Brian Butterfield

2 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

The broom has been there through thick and thin....it is a lucky omen....Surely it should be mounted on the wall in section 82 and worshipped.

Perhaps we should sacrifice a goat to appease the broom. Or a virgin. Where can you order a virgin in Bristol?

On the virgin front the section 82 thread appears to have a few

10 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

We could all chip in and buy it a season ticket, given if it gets moved, it won't be able to watch games anymore? 

I have heard that the broom has started its own broom supporters group and now doesn't want to be moved to anywhere except the middle of the away fans - the most expensive and awkward place for the club. The club asked if it could move everyone from A block Dolman especially to accommodate it but it said "no, it wasn't the right kind of ambiance and wouldn't be able to see from its current lying down position", the club asked if it could be stood upright but this wouldn't make for a good atmosphere + the rake of the stand doesn't allow for brooms to be stood up.

10 hours ago, Mkelly said:

Thanks for the feedback! 

It's taken longer than we would have thought for the broom to be noticed.

As soon as there is a song about the "broom" sung by both stands it can be removed! 

How's about "I said a Broom Broom Broom - everybody say way-oh" or maybe "Broom Broom Broom shake the room. Tick tick tick Broom!"

Coat on and out the door.

12 hours ago, Mkelly said:

Thanks for the feedback! 

It's taken longer than we would have thought for the broom to be noticed.

As soon as there is a song about the "broom" sung by both stands it can be removed! 

We need you out and about in this forum more often, clearly you are wasted in the Q&A section! 

:clapping:

15 hours ago, downendcity said:

With a season ticket, move it to the top tier of the new stand - even if it is sitting by itself!

You can't move it to the top tier because of the rake....  I'd say to send it to the gash, but that's a risk because of the all the hoes....

I thought the area shown has the beginnings of an outdoor pool? You know, for when Bristol Sport finds the next Tom Daly , we could have him diving off the Dolman roof. Not much room for sponsorship logos on those trunks mind.

8 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Can someone throw a mop up there too? Don't want the broom feeling lonely.

Right, I'm getting in to this. Last home game of the season we all bring sponges. let's have a sponge 'fight' in honour of the broom.

21 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Can someone throw a mop up there too? Don't want the broom feeling lonely.

It had a rugby ball for company for a while, but I heard the broom couldn't be trusted with it, and so they took it away  

12 minutes ago, RedM said:

Right, I'm getting in to this. Last home game of the season we all bring sponges. let's have a sponge 'fight' in honour of the broom.

Steady on M, unless Flint is involved, and then I'm game :D 

Archived