IGNORED

UPDATED: Bristol Fans Derby 2016

Hopesy38

16 hours ago, RedM said:

I was just going to post exactly the same thing. I'm not bothered personally who runs it, who gets the credit etc, AS LONG AS IT IS DONE PROPERLY.

Thankfully it happened and passed off without a hitch and sounds like money was raised for the hospice which is what it was all about. I do think though people were rightly concerned and if concerns hadn't been raised then the organisers might not have considered insurance etc which was then rectified.

I did not want there to be an incident which would reflect badly on the name of the club and ultimately the fans. 

Exactly my thoughts. There was so many things that could have went wrong and that was my concern. I'm delighted the event went ahead successfully without any of the possible hiccups. 

Before I mentioned it There was no mention of this being done for charity, the next day it was announced they were raising money for CHSW. So I'm delighted following my post hopesy took the advice on board and now a very decent amount has been raised.

This thread has served a very good purpose, many chipped in with things that hopesy may not have thought about and he got them things sorted and for that I say a huge well done for that.

All I'd say is I hope he can in future continue to seek advice and support and maybe tone down the attitude a bit.

Well done Hopesy.

Now thinking about next Years game... I'd imagine the goal is to hold this at Ashton Gate now it's completed? This is likely to attract more numbers. I think it would be wise if Hopesy and the previous organisers have a conversation on who may want to hold the event next year to avoid any more bad blood. It would be fantastic if they could both come together to host a combined event next year at the New Ashton Gate. With both organisers combining their knowledge it could truly be a special event.

Once again well done Hopesy and I'm pleased I was proved wrong.

20 hours ago, JM91 said:

Very surprised to see the City team in white shorts rather than last season's third kit shorts, had they run out?

Not sure if there is a whoosh, but the kit was borrowed from the Walking Football team.

Any idea of the attendance for the match @Hopesy38 ?

Archived