IGNORED

BOOOOOO/DOOOOOMED

Shtanley

1 hour ago, Drew Peacock said:

It can't be.  That would mean we had been relegated every time we came up or finished within the bottom 5 every year.

Going from memory from a slightly out of date Bristol city book, but it was definitely 20th or lower in this division. It wouldn't mean we were relegated every year at all, as it would include our years in the 3rd and 4th divisions as well as the ones in the top 2

28 minutes ago, City169 said:

Going from memory from a slightly out of date Bristol city book, but it was definitely 20th or lower in this division. It wouldn't mean we were relegated every year at all, as it would include our years in the 3rd and 4th divisions as well as the ones in the top 2

It can't be. Given our record over the years it is mathematically impossible.

It wouldn't include 3rd & 4th division years if we are talking about this division only.

12 minutes ago, City169 said:

It isn't talking about this division only. Its over all divisions.

Well, ignoring the fact that you said this division, over 104 years in the Football League we have finished 20th or lower 13 times and in the top ten 52 times so I would dearly like to know how averaging 20th works.  It is complete tosh.

7 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Well, ignoring the fact that you said this division, over 104 years in the Football League we have finished 20th or lower 13 times and in the top ten 52 times so I would dearly like to know how averaging 20th works.  It is complete tosh.

I didn't say this division exclusively for the averages, I said our average was  around 20th in this division.

Perhaps I should have said our average was around 40th instead

32 minutes ago, City169 said:

I didn't say this division exclusively for the averages, I said our average was  around 20th in this division.

Perhaps I should have said our average was around 40th instead

Been and checked. Our average finishing position through our 103 league seasons is 42.36. Or 22nd in the championship.

2 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

How do you get 22nd?

I calculate our average in the second tier to be around 13th.

On my god are you deliberately being stupid? They're on about throughout our history where our average position on the football league tier is, not just from our championship seasons. :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

How do you get 22nd?

I calculate our average in the second tier to be around 13th.

I'm not talking about strictly second tier, and haven't done from the start.

Over our entire league history our average position is 42.36, which is 22nd in the second tier

8 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Because I didn't understand what you originally said!

Apologies for not being clear, but I think what I was originally trying to say (been so long I've forgot now) was that despite the struggles what we have done this season is finish higher than what our average finishing position is. So in a way that is a positive, even if we only finish 20th

On 23 April 2016 at 17:31, Andy082005 said:

Happy to be named and shamed. Contrary to public belief I am a die hard City fan and posts like this mean we have stayed up. I'm happy to take that 

I wouldn't say we were 'really really wrong'. We have been dire  for massive parts of this season, and at times have looked out of our depth, both on and off the pitch.  

We've been extremely lucky, but again, I'll take that 

You don't stay up by luck with two games to spare. We've had a brush with relegation!!!

Archived