IGNORED

BOOOOOO/DOOOOOMED

Shtanley

I'm really not one for gloating or rubbing people's noses in it. But @Thatch35 and @Andy082005 were really really wrong. We've stayed up comfortably and LJ has done the business. Kodjia has proved everyone wrong in getting almost as many goals as Gray did last year, as have Pack and Flint. A bit more optimism next season wouldn't go a miss so I'll start. Can't wait for the open top bus parade for winning the league next year ;) Excited for the summer ahead coyr. 

Reading away was the low point for me. Yet another late goal costing us points. Relegation began to feel inevitable. If you'd offered me safety with two games to spare at that point in time, I'd have bitten your hand off for it.

Credit to all involved in the recovery. Signing the good players we needed and turning around our season was a very impressive achievement, and something that didn't look likely at all in January.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Reading away was the low point for me. Yet another late goal costing us points. Relegation began to feel inevitable. If you'd offered me safety with two games to spare at that point in time, I'd have bitten your hand off for it.

Credit to all involved in the recovery. Signing the good players we needed and turning around our season was a very impressive achievement, and something that didn't look likely at all in January.

Mine was Charlton at home. Never have I felt so deflated after a game and convinced we were heading for League 1. To chuck away two points against one of the worst teams I have ever seen at AG was truly shocking.

Bit harsh to single out just two people. PLENTY of people doubted the appointment. And it's not classy to gloat.

Great to 'Nick' our place in the league though after we really were in the mire in Jan, time to strengthen and kick on.

One thing seems certain, LJ likes to put out a team to go flat out for the win - should be an interesting season.

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Mine was Charlton at home. Never have I felt so deflated after a game and convinced we were heading for League 1. To chuck away two points against one of the worst teams I have ever seen at AG was truly shocking.

Same here, I felt sick when they scored in injury time. It felt like the ball was moving in slow motion as it was going in as well

15 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I'm really not one for gloating or rubbing people's noses in it. But @Thatch35 and @Andy082005 were really really wrong. We've stayed up comfortably and LJ has done the business. Kodjia has proved everyone wrong in getting almost as many goals as Gray did last year, as have Pack and Flint. A bit more optimism next season wouldn't go a miss so I'll start. Can't wait for the open top bus parade for winning the league next year ;) Excited for the summer ahead coyr. 

Happy to be named and shamed. Contrary to public belief I am a die hard City fan and posts like this mean we have stayed up. I'm happy to take that 

I wouldn't say we were 'really really wrong'. We have been dire  for massive parts of this season, and at times have looked out of our depth, both on and off the pitch.  

We've been extremely lucky, but again, I'll take that 

16 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Definitely !

After their last minute winner; for the first time this season I could see relegation looming.

19 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Charlton was one of only 2 home games I made.  That ruined an already shitty Christmas.

28 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It was horrible.

19 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Happy to be named and shamed. Contrary to public belief I am a die hard City fan and posts like this mean we have stayed up. I'm happy to take that 

I wouldn't say we were 'really really wrong'. We have been dire  for massive parts of this season, and at times have looked out of our depth, both on and off the pitch.  

Respect my good man

Preston at home for me.

i thought we had enough all season, but in the most dire game which no side deserved to win, our ex-player scored a late(ish) winner.  That game was a the biggest must-win we had in my opinion and we failed.

I still thought would be good enough, but the game showed that confidence and energy levels were shot to pieces.  I seriously worried we could do enough to get out if trouble, whereas before I just thought it was a matter of time before we started getting the odd result to move us up.

Cotts got sacked, I went to a pantomime on the Saturday, constantly checking Twitter updates, and was happy with a 0-0 v Middlesbrough under Pembo and Wade.  Expecting the next tweet to be Full-time piccy I almost ruined the whole pantomime when I saw Burns had scored.

That little change in luck, showed the fine lines of this division, and my confidence returned.

Being able to pick up 3 point hauls was so necessary.

Since then I've always thought we'd be okay.  Not saying it was guaranteed, but safety was my expectation.

26 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Bit harsh to single out just two people. PLENTY of people doubted the appointment. And it's not classy to gloat.

Great to 'Nick' our place in the league though after we really were in the mire in Jan, time to strengthen and kick on.

One thing seems certain, LJ likes to put out a team to go flat out for the win - should be an interesting season.

Yes plenty of people doubted the long term benefits of LJ's appointment, but nevertheless thought we would stay up this season.

Do you dream about me? Its weird, I don't know who you are, but feel that you know me.

Anyway, I'm certainly pleased that, after LJ was appointed, I predicted that we would stay up this season.

23 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Fair play - we were dire, but the set up is stronger now, so onwards and upwards!

TBH any sort of gloating against fans who dare to demonstrate  a different opinion to others is without class. I was not sold on LJ, and TBH, had SC been a little less stubborn and listened to criticism being levelled at him he may of turned the situation around.

Still we are in the Championship for 16/17 so let's hope for some shrewd transfer business in the summer and push on next year.

Del

LJ deserves some credit for sure but it was the sacking of Cotterill that made the difference this season. Had Mr Charisma and the board not acted when they did then relegation would have been almost a certainty.

So....all the decision makers at AG deserve a pat on the back and for me to congratulate the "suits" kinda seems wrong but I and all of us have in the past City witnessed the "suits"getting it utterly wrong - like last seasons summer transfer fiasco.........:facepalm:

7 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Fair play - we were dire, but the set up is stronger now, so onwards and upwards!

I really hope so.

I'm not one of these fans who demand top 6 football, but would love to think that we could start getting it right at this level. To many times have we failed and just look like a amateur set up in this league.

Let's hope for real change

33 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Extremely lucky?? To avoid relegation by 10 points? Jeez........

Job done. And since Pembo/Wade and latterly LJ's management, job well done. 

We now have the benefit of an additional 2 weeks in the transfer window. We know what league we're in, we ought to know our targets and we ought to have the wheels in motion.

Nice bit of early business and I'll be excited for next season!

28 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Although I've enjoyed the recovery, as a non-STH this season has been a disaster for me personally;

11 games (2 away), 5 draws, 6 losses, no wins!

Any chance of you going to watch the gas???

:sign09:

31 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Although I've enjoyed the recovery, as a non-STH this season has been a disaster for me personally;

11 games (2 away), 5 draws, 6 losses, no wins!

I saw my first ever championship defeat this season. The previous seasons up here the games I'd managed to get to were during the escapes from relegation

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

Lets be honest, if were relegated under Johnno they'd be the first with threads with it seems

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

In what way have we been lucky? IMO we really haven't had a great deal of luck this season whatsoever, especially early on in the season where we were actually performing better than the points tally suggested. 

That Charlton game was like a REALLY BAD Downs League game. I certainly expected them to equalise though, it just had that feel to it. 

I'm sure I wasn't alone in that, the longer we never got a 2nd, the more inevitable it was. Under Cotts we were doomed, absolutely no doubt about it. Under LJ/MA we recruited smarter and more expensive-er, which was absolutely the right thing to do. 

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

That Charlton game was like a REALLY BAD Downs League game. I certainly expected them to equalise though, it just had that feel to it. 

I'm sure I wasn't alone in that, the longer we never got a 2nd, the more inevitable it was. Under Cotts we were doomed, absolutely no doubt about it. Under LJ/MA we recruited smarter and more expensive-er, which was absolutely the right thing to do. 

Yeah I know. As soon as we missed the penalty for 2-0 you sort of knew. It was just so bloody late though.

Archived