IGNORED

Points Lost from Winning Position

Son of Nob

The other thing I have noticed is how little home advantage we have had this year. 25 points at home, 24 away. The latter is mid table, the former is two points better than the worst.

Not sure of the reason for that, maybe we feel we need to go for it more, but improve that and we would be much better off.

The thing is, city have been leaking goals whilst ahead during the 85th-90th minute of the game for quite a few years now, even if we are say 2 nil up, and they score 1. Its almost become predictable. Then we hear of managers wanting more strikers and we all cry we need better defenders. I dont doubt that we can score goals, because we can, its just a very leaky defence. The last 10 mins for me with every city game if we are drawing or winning, is very much "squeaky bum time" because I dont want city to lose the draw or lose the winning points.

Now some of you may say "Thats football" or "It doesnt happen that often". Its the only feeling I get as a whole season pans out, the whole leaky defence has cost us quite a few points over the years. (Yes we won league 1 but also think before this)

Or hell I could be completely wrong and theres nothing to worry about *looks other way* "ooh a rainbow!" *follows*

42 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Most of those SC in charge. Fine margins, even if SC managed 10 more points he could well still be in charge.

Don't think so, he'd burnt his bridges, and the olive branch, and the dove carrying it, by the time he went. 

21 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

What are you referring to exactly, what to tell us your inside knowledge.

I thought it was due to not enough points on the board. 

Agreed, but his intransigence with regards to formation and his thinly veiled attacks on the board I think would have finished his time at Ashton Gate anyway.  It was obvious that communication had broken down.  

It was like watching your best mates happy marriage crumble before your eyes.  

If he carried on as he was I don't even think an extra 10 points would have made a difference in the end.

Conjecture of course, not ITK

Archived