IGNORED

Who would you like to see play the last 2 games

bs20ciderarmy

Korey being absent would open up a midfield slot, and while usually I'd suggest Wagstaff could step in, allowing perhaps Burns to shift back into Smith's place, personally I think it might be good motivation/encouragement to try out a young player or two.  Plus, I like Scott a lot, but if he's not here next year it would seem a waste to be starting him.

We're not playing teams up the top or fighting against relegation, so these would literally be the safest competitive games to 'blood' younger players, and I'd like it if that was something we were willing to try.

Any idea if we've any central midfielders in our youth set up who might be able to take a chance like this?

I definitely want JK to play the last two just to get to 20 goals for the season. What an achievement that would be for him - first season in a new country and playing in a struggling side for most of it - it would be wonderful for him if he got there.

I think we might see Alex Pearce in for Flinty if we are looking to sign him next season (not ITK, just a feeling), perhaps Agard for Wilbs just to put him in the shop window. Midfield is tricky - Bobby Reid definitely and Joe to CM if Scott Golbourne`s fit with Tomlin wider. Unless of course we play the kids but I think we needed to be safe a couple of games ago to do that meaningfully - I`d like to see it though. Perhaps someone who watches the u21s could give a better opinion.

Having watched a lot of the 21s.

In my opinion, Garita is a lost cause and has looked out of his depth in a few of the games I've watched. I'd much rather see Mcclousky play.

Vyner has been exceptional for the 21s and for me deserves to start at centre half if he's going to get a chance due to that being his position. 

Midfielder wise, I'd say that Joe Morrell has been surpassed by George Dowling who has had a great season and at 17 looks streaks ahead of Morrell who's career progress has slowed massively from all the hype a couple of years ago

1 hour ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

Would like to see what Arnold has to offer us.

also with Korey out would be interesting to see if he puts a youngster in his place 

67-68 season, City struggled, but became mathematically safe from relegation with two games to go (sound familiar).

The final two games were Villa and M'bor' both away. At Villa AD picked Barry Watling in goal and 17 year old midfielder Geoff Merrick for their debuts. City won 4-2. Mike Mahoney, another young goalie, played in the final game.

Come on LJ, the precedent has ben set.

1 hour ago, Bs4Red said:

In my opinion, Garita is a lost cause and has looked out of his depth in a few of the games I've watched. I'd much rather see Mcclousky play.

Vyner has been exceptional for the 21s and for me deserves to start at centre half if he's going to get a chance due to that being his position. 

Midfielder wise, I'd say that Joe Morrell has been surpassed by George Dowling who has had a great season and at 17 looks streaks ahead of Morrell who's career progress has slowed massively from all the hype a couple of years ago

Waste of 50k then?

Team for me v Huddersfield on Saturday: [4-1-4-1]

O'Donnell:

Ayling, Pearce, Baker, Golbourne:

Pack:

Odemwingie, Reid, Bryan, Tomlin:

Kodjia:

Bench: O'Leary, Little, Vyner, Wagstaff, Dowling, Freemam, Wlbraham:

This assumes, Flint is injured, no appeal re Smith's red card.  Johnson has so much as said Matthews season is over.

Would like to see Pearce on the right side of the centre backs (how did he play yesterday?).  Would like to see Dowling and Vyner on bench.  Happy for Wilbs to be rested for McCoulsky if need be, or even a Freeman left out.

We've still got points to play for and don't want the season to end flatly after the hard work.  Starting eleven needs to be our strongest, imho.

[could easily be 4231 with Bryan joining Pack]

2 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

I have my doubts whether Garita will get a game for the 1st team on the admittedly only couple of times I have seen him. Agree with Zac Vyner as well, he deserves another chance now we are safe. I mentioned George Dowling at the start of the season after watching the pre season friendlies in which I thought he was outstanding. I was told by the people that watch the academy regularly on here that in their opinion Je Morrell was still the better prospect. All about opinions I suppose but on what I have seen I think Dowling is the better prospect.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

67-68 season, City struggled, but became mathematically safe from relegation with two games to go (sound familiar).

The final two games were Villa and M'bor' both away. At Villa AD picked Barry Watling in goal and 17 year old midfielder Geoff Merrick for their debuts. City won 4-2. Mike Mahoney, another young goalie, played in the final game.

Come on LJ, the precedent has ben set.

With the relegation places confirmed and our remaining games not impacting any teams going for promotion, it's a great chance to give one or two u21s a run out.

Can only see benefits from such a move.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

With the relegation places confirmed and our remaining games not impacting any teams going for promotion, it's a great chance to give one or two u21s a run out.

Can only see benefits from such a move.

Totally agree, blood the young uns without upsetting any opposition managers

4 minutes ago, Kodjia said:

We shouldn't be playing the youth if they aren't good enough. I still want to see us win both games and I doubt any of our u21s will be able to cope in the Championship from what I've heard

Although Zac Vyner was given the run a round by a very good counter attacking Brighton team I thought he played very well at MK away. Also Max O Leary never looked out of place when he played against WBA in the cup so there are 2 who in my opinion would cope.

4 minutes ago, Kodjia said:

We shouldn't be playing the youth if they aren't good enough. I still want to see us win both games and I doubt any of our u21s will be able to cope in the Championship from what I've heard

I'm sure if they aren't good enough they won't play (I hope), but a lot of reports suggest that some of them could make the step up, and with no emergency loans next season, the development squad will be used. So giving one or two of them a taste of first team selection now will hopefully make that transition easier next year.

7 minutes ago, Kodjia said:

Put 'em on the bench and let them have a late cameo.  All good experience. 

4 minutes ago, shelts said:

Look after our own. Ask the loan players that we want if they are signing, if no, thanks very much play the kids. I will include Flint also, if he doesn't want to stay don't play him. 

Where`s that come from? A lot of paper talk about other teams looking at him but he has never AFAIK said anything to indicate he wants to leave and if he had, I think this place would have gone into meltdown.

Archived