IGNORED

Pack on the move?

bigbash

4 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Presumably we also have a shorter, more realistic, list of players who might actually sign for us.

I get what you're saying but as LJ said, there isn't a player in Europe where they don't know their situation. If you look at all the leagues across Europe, there could be 100s that would possibly sign for us. There have been many European players brought into the championship this season alone and while we should be looking at more English players, they're quite expensive for the most part and if we can find a deal or two from Europe then we should take a look. 

14 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

He's not been great last few games but he's had a great season IMO, we should offer him a new contract. The one thing I will say is that he and Korey Smith NEED competition. Jordan Cousins has just gone down from Charlton and I really rate him.

Definitely need competition, Gilbey from Colchester who we wanted in January would be very good.

13 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

He's not been great last few games but he's had a great season IMO, we should offer him a new contract. The one thing I will say is that he and Korey Smith NEED competition. Jordan Cousins has just gone down from Charlton and I really rate him.

And Gudmundsson from Charlton as well, albeit he is more attacking than Pack

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

With Pack heading for his last contract year are talks planned to discuss another deal?  

He signed a two year deal last summer, but if he's in LJ's plan, looks like a new negotiation will be due.

I think the two year deal was a good deal for both club and player.  Had he not adapted at this level, we wouldn't be tied to him for another 2 or 3 years.  As its happened, he's done well and deserves a new deal.

He may not choose to do so.

Think he will be one of many who are wanting new deals.

Let's hope pack signs a new deal . Still only 25 and is improving season by season just like Flint . Not surprised if clubs are looking at him seeing he's on his last year of his contract . If we were to sell him Wat sort of fee is he worth . 1.5 to 2 million ? Or is that to much as he's in his last year 

Can't believe the criticism Pack has received on here during this season. He has been consistent, solid, reliable, committed and downright cool....not surprised if other clubs are interested.

Still, many wise sages on here were also saying Kodjia 'couldn't score' in the first couple of months of the season.

Totally obvious why they didn't make it as scouts, coaches or football managers....and they've all gone very quiet, as have the Pack critics...

Christ I hope not. One of a small number of players who is capable of changing a game with a cross field pass.

Sometimes it comes off. Sometimes it doesn't. He sometimes goes forward. Sometimes he goes sideways. Sometimes he goes backwards.

He always seems to want the ball. If I was LJ I'd be looking for more like him to build a team around.

But what do I know?

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Can't believe the criticism Pack has received on here during this season. He has been consistent, solid, reliable, committed and downright cool....not surprised if other clubs are interested.

Still, many wise sages on here were also saying Kodjia 'couldn't score' in the first couple of months of the season.

Totally obvious why they didn't make it as scouts, coaches or football managers....and they've all gone very quiet, as have the Pack critics...

The thing I like most about him is that earlier in the season things weren't going well, but he still showed for the ball and took responsibility, despite the abuse from the stands when he misplaced a pass.

Seems a very strong character, which shouldn't be underestimated, and if we were to let him go we should be heavily compensated imo.

2 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

The thing I like most about him is that earlier in the season things weren't going well, but he still showed for the ball and took responsibility, despite the abuse from the stands when he misplaced a pass.

Seems a very strong character, which shouldn't be underestimated, and if we were to let him go we should be heavily compensated imo.

Spot on, he always wanted the ball, and didn't hide....great pro, but some still wanted to hound him out...

16 hours ago, Robbored said:

With Pack heading for his last contract year are talks planned to discuss another deal?  

Why on earth are you asking us lot?

We have proved consistently that we don't know our best players, can't recognise a good Manager and only know a player has joined us after they've appeared in the EP holding a scarf.

To suggest that we might know whether contract talks are being planned is fanciful.

14 hours ago, Red Army 87 said:

Agreed. £50 off a season ticket minimum; unless, like me,  you're a povvo in the Ateyo in which case we got it cheap enough.

Can't see Marlon going to another championship side, he looks like he's enjoying his football at City and we don't need to sell. The only way he will leave is if a premiership club comes in and I believe if he keeps improving the way he is that may one day happen. In my opinion him and flint are destined for greater things, lets hope that's with us :thumbsup:

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So what's the crack? Should they change tack and back Pack?

45 minutes ago, hay dens party said:

Can't see Marlon going to another championship side, he looks like he's enjoying his football at City and we don't need to sell. The only way he will leave is if a premiership club comes in and I believe if he keeps improving the way he is that may one day happen. In my opinion him and flint are destined for greater things, lets hope that's with us :thumbsup:

Re we don't need to sell, I think that it solely comes down to how contract negotiations are going. It's no coincidence that two players linked with moves are two of our better performers this year who both just so happen to be coming to the last year of their contract. If a renewal isn't to be done then we have every need to sell.

It's unlikely in the extreme that journalists have independently identified of the 92 clubs three are tracking Pack and two are tracking Flint. These stories are being fed by someone; either the player's agent to pressure contract negotiations or even our own club trying to ignite a bidding war and wanting to cash in - perhaps if they have unreasonable contract demands. For now, the fact that these stories are appearing and that both are presumably being asked about contract negotiations I'd presume the opposite and that there is a real chance either could be leaving: unless for instance if the rumours serve the agent's purpose.

Of course the other alternative is that it could be pie in the sky and just to direct attention to the website. I'd suggest they'd probably go with more high profile, traffic driving, rumour creating than these.

1 minute ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

But if we lack Pack, we may be cack

We'll be less slack in attack and play with more smack without Pack passing back.

Archived