IGNORED

Pack on the move?

bigbash

16 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Christ I hope not. One of a small number of players who is capable of changing a game with a cross field pass.

Sometimes it comes off. Sometimes it doesn't. He sometimes goes forward. Sometimes he goes sideways. Sometimes he goes backwards.

He always seems to want the ball. If I was LJ I'd be looking for more like him to build a team around.

But what do I know?

Exactly as above. 

The bloke wants the ball and looks to start a move. It is what he does. How much of our play starts with Pack. A lot. 

He breaks up play, he carry's the ball and looks for a short or long pass. Since LJ has been here he has got more advanced into the bargain. 

Yes he will catch the eye for anyone looking for that type of player. If his mate Flinty is here he may be inclined to extend his contract if not he is a valuable asset. 

How some don't rate him I will never know. 

14 hours ago, twodogs said:

He reminds me of dier. Ok not as good as but I wonder. Absolute madness if we let him go. 

Do you mean Dier,  or like some maybe Dire? He's never consistently set the league on fire.

If I said 'world class' you'd call me a liar, his talent's like Scuse, but a little but higher.

Let's hope this summer doesn't go right to the wire, but with Kodjia and Tomlin we'll be in no mire.

With what LJ's done, is he the Messiah? When class players are sold, lets hope we are the buyer!

50 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Re we don't need to sell, I think that it solely comes down to how contract negotiations are going. It's no coincidence that two players linked with moves are two of our better performers this year who both just so happen to be coming to the last year of their contract. If a renewal isn't to be done then we have every need to sell.

It's unlikely in the extreme that journalists have independently identified of the 92 clubs three are tracking Pack and two are tracking Flint. These stories are being fed by someone; either the player's agent to pressure contract negotiations or even our own club trying to ignite a bidding war and wanting to cash in - perhaps if they have unreasonable contract demands. For now, the fact that these stories are appearing and that both are presumably being asked about contract negotiations I'd presume the opposite and that there is a real chance either could be leaving: unless for instance if the rumours serve the agent's purpose.

Of course the other alternative is that it could be pie in the sky and just to direct attention to the website. I'd suggest they'd probably go with more high profile, traffic driving, rumour creating than these.

Agree with the sentiment here, but Flint's contract isn't up until 2019 http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32990127. Think you could be right about Pack though.

21 minutes ago, #roe said:

But then we might lose both..

We might well do.

I know a couple of pro footballers who have both been around the block. They have watched many of our games this season (albeit on tape) & both said to them it looks like Flint & Pack have the necessary tool’s to play in the lower end of the Premier league. Said out of our lot both stand out head & shoulders (and they didn't mean by their height!).

Them two (Flint & Pack) along with Kodjia IMO will gain the most interest over the summer.

Archived