IGNORED

Pack on the move?

bigbash

Not surprised in the slightest, while certain fans continue to question his ability & value to the squad, he is Mr Consistency, does the basics well but very rarely does anything extravagant or match turning but he's there game in & game out doing what needs to be done!!

And if he had better players around him, he would continue to progress!!

He's still at a very optimum age where his progression is very much a possibility.

Much the same as Cole Skuse did for us & a certain Lee Johnson before him!!

And if / when he leaves, we will realise his true value.

That said, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that there aren't better out there but whether they'd be in our transfer/ wage range is another matter!!

And is it really worth risking losing such a player before we have got better in first?

9 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Good god it's hitc. Maybe I'm getting this wrong but I can't remember them EVER getting anything right. I wouldn't want Pack to go, anyway, bit of a Skuse kind of player.

They were the first to report that SC had been sacked...

18 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Good god it's hitc. Maybe I'm getting this wrong but I can't remember them EVER getting anything right. I wouldn't want Pack to go, anyway, bit of a Skuse kind of player.

They were the first to report, hours before even Sky sports that Cotterill was sacked.

They were the first to say about the possibility of Frederiks moving here.

I like him, and would be gutted if he went. I think he is one of our most consistent players, and a lot lot better than some of the stick he gets. Underrated, but has anchored our midfield well. Slow, but then so was Pirlo. (Just to be clear - I'm not saying Pack is like Pirlo).

However, I'm not too sure with the article's comment about him being instrumental for us last year. Good, but instrumental? I think he's had a much better year this year than last....

HITC do get snippets of info, but it is mostly a "plant" for info that agents want to put out!

I assume Packs Agent wants a better deal for him and the normal method is put a few rumours out about interest (HITC come into play here!) and then get on the phone to Aston Gate asking for a pay rise....

I know it may be naive of me to say this but I don't think he'll go. Especially if its a choice of Cardiff, Sheffield Wednesday and Aston Villa. 

I get the feeling from his past interviews that he is happy here. I wouldn't see him leaving the status quo for more turbulent teams. 

That being said its good for recognition for the lad. 

Pack is part of a group of players which have been playing together for 2 or 3 years now (Flint, Bryan, Freeman, Smith, Ayling, Fielding) and I don't think you can underestimate having this consistency so I hope they get him a new deal.  I think it's important to keep this continuity into the new season whilst adding additional quality.  They have all been through good and difficult times as a group and that sort of collective experience can only help the team.

Add into the mix the home grown players like Bryan, Ried and Burns I think you have a group of players who give a sh*t about the club and have played their part in getting us to where we are.  Hopefully Burns gets his chance next season as well and we have a very strong group.

It makes a difference to the Championship years under SOD, McInnes, Millen, GJ where the influx of players in and out led to no consistency and IMO led to ultimate relegation.  I think we had an almost 100% turnover of players over a couple of years!

I said it the other day but if you put Pack in a better side like Hull for Meyler or Derby for Thorne, they wouldn't miss a beat. The only part of his game that lets him down is his pace. He's a classy player that does a lot of things unnoticed like covering for fullbacks or being the first line of defence before the CBs. I wouldn't want him to go but as with anyone, if the price is right then he should go. There are definitely replacements out there but should be lined up and ready to go. We should have a long list of players we want in each position so if someone were to leave we can start at the top and work our way down. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I said it the other day but if you put Pack in a better side like Hull for Meyler or Derby for Thorne, they wouldn't miss a beat. The only part of his game that lets him down is his pace. He's a classy player that does a lot of things unnoticed like covering for fullbacks or being the first line of defence before the CBs. I wouldn't want him to go but as with anyone, if the price is right then he should go. There are definitely replacements out there but should be lined up and ready to go. We should have a long list of players we want in each position so if someone were to leave we can start at the top and work our way down. 

Presumably we also have a shorter, more realistic, list of players who might actually sign for us.

He's not been great last few games but he's had a great season IMO, we should offer him a new contract. The one thing I will say is that he and Korey Smith NEED competition. Jordan Cousins has just gone down from Charlton and I really rate him.

Archived