IGNORED

Forest Green sack manager (merged)

pride of the west

3 hours ago, Aizoon said:

Good vegetarian food is hard to beat - alas, it's also hard to find :(

I went to conference  (non football related) at the Memorial Ground once and a vegetarian friend ask for a veggy option and was given a ham omelette. 

The owner is Dale Vince right? I've met him and he was a perfectly pleasant guy.

And fair play to him for his stance and sticking to his beliefs. In all honesty I wish I was a vegetarian, there's no need for us to eat meat and it's purely down to our own selfishness and laziness. And I'm just as guilty of that as the next guy.

56 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

The owner is Dale Vince right? I've met him and he was a perfectly pleasant guy.

And fair play to him for his stance and sticking to his beliefs. In all honesty I wish I was a vegetarian, there's no need for us to eat meat and it's purely down to our own selfishness and laziness. And I'm just as guilty of that as the next guy.

Totally wrong, it is essential for us to eat meat.. Vegetarians still have to supplement the protein deficiencies with tablets or alternative mehods..

As for Dale Vince, yes he has a solid stance on vegeterianism but he doesn't need to force his personal beliefs onto others who dont share his opinions etc

13 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Totally wrong, it is essential for us to eat meat.. Vegetarians still have to supplement the protein deficiencies with tablets or alternative mehods..

As for Dale Vince, yes he has a solid stance on vegeterianism but he doesn't need to force his personal beliefs onto others who dont share his opinions etc

Can't agree with that fella...it isn't essential we eat meat. We need protein, but there are plenty of alternatives on the planet.

Plus you've only got to research society's around the world that eat very little or no meat in their diet, and you will see that they generally live longer and with less health problems.

As for his stance on Vegetarianism, he's actually moving towards Vegan. He's not really forcing it on anyone...I wouldn't expect to eat meat in a Vegetarian restaurant...so I can't see the problem of him owning a football club that doesn't serve meat. It's a simple choice...you go or you don't...or you go and you eat what's on offer.

If we can't go 90 mins without eating meat, then we have a massive problem wouldn't you agree?

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

Can't agree with that fella...it isn't essential we eat meat. We need protein, but there are plenty of alternatives on the planet.

Plus you've only got to research society's around the world that eat very little or no meat in their diet, and you will see that they generally live longer and with less health problems.

As for his stance on Vegetarianism, he's actually moving towards Vegan. He's not really forcing it on anyone...I wouldn't expect to eat meat in a Vegetarian restaurant...so I can't see the problem of him owning a football club that doesn't serve meat. It's a simple choice...you go or you don't...or you go and you eat what's on offer.

If we can't go 90 mins without eating meat, then we have a massive problem wouldn't you agree?

I didnt meant at football, I meant in general life. I wouldn't eat food at football anyway, its awful and expensive.

Btw I live not even 5min away drive from his place in Rodborough (The Fort) and he has made comments as such in the local newspaper about vegetarianism etc. in the past.

I would add, that certain societies in the world eat meat and live long full lives with rarely any health problems, the key is balance and moderation not doing an America and eating pounds on top of pounds of steak a week

1 hour ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Absolutely and completely wrong. It is not at all essential to eat meat. I've been a vegetarian over forty years (since the early Seventies), and I have never had supplementary protein tablets, and am in the best of health at 61 years of age. The only thing missing in a non-meat diet is Vitamin B12, which I get from yeast extracts, such as Marmite. I would love Bristol City to follow Dale Vince's policies, all of them. I would love us to be the first truly green league football team in the country. There is only one choice on sale in the concourse - a cheese and onion pasty. If I was a vegan there would be nothing I could eat. In this day and age, where there is supposed to be more of an emphasis on healthy eating, this is unacceptable.

33 minutes ago, glastonred said:

Absolutely and completely wrong. It is not at all essential to eat meat. I've been a vegetarian over forty years (since the early Seventies), and I have never had supplementary protein tablets, and am in the best of health at 61 years of age. The only thing missing in a non-meat diet is Vitamin B12, which I get from yeast extracts, such as Marmite. I would love Bristol City to follow Dale Vince's policies, all of them. I would love us to be the first truly green league football team in the country. There is only one choice on sale in the concourse - a cheese and onion pasty. If I was a vegan there would be nothing I could eat. In this day and age, where there is supposed to be more of an emphasis on healthy eating, this is unacceptable.

People would just buy food outside the ground then, there's plenty of alternatives.  

2 hours ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Totally wrong? I think that is you actually in all honesty. So you can't get enough protein from anything other than meat? 

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

People would just buy food outside the ground then, there's plenty of alternatives.  

In this day and age, that isn't inclusive, neither is it promoting equality and diversity. Inclusivity and E & D are part of what is known as 'British Values'.

Being a vegan or veggie should be classed equal to those who eat meat.

#MakingBristolEqualRights

Meat is a non essential part of our modern diet. Simple as that.

Turn to fish and, at a push, chicken and we would all live longer and healthier lives and save a few rain forests into the bargain. Simple really but try telling that to cow munching Chinese and Indians; two billion meat munchers on the march will dessimate our oxygen producing woodies.

13 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

He may well be, I have never met him.  But he wants to uproot the club and move it to Gloucester.  To me that makes him a cock.

He's not moving it to Gloucester, he wants to move it to J13 off the M5

2 hours ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

More chance of @Woodsy getting it!! 

Interesting. What have you heard?

2 hours ago, Clarky89 said:

What's his odds? 

If you can get 20s I'd have a fiver on it. Can't say more than that.....

On 29 April 2016 at 14:55, Woodsy said:

He's not moving it to Gloucester, he wants to move it to J13 off the M5

Interesting. What have you heard?

If you can get 20s I'd have a fiver on it. Can't say more than that.....

So does that mean the 147 year old duffers on the FL board will demand he does a name change to Junction13 Rovers?

On 4/28/2016 at 14:04, Aizoon said:

On the contrary or indeed au contraire; as I said, good vegetarian food is excellent. However, much of it is lazy, lacking in both taste and texture. Given that salad (as served in the UK) is not an option to one allergic to raw tomato, onion and cucumber, the alternatives in most establishments are grim. (Indian restaurants are an honourable exception).

I know of what I speak. I was a veggie for two years, and my wife has recently become one. Our Xmas dinner last year was nut roast with all the trimmings and it was superb. It's almost impossible to get anything similar when eating out. The assumption seems to be that if you're a vegetarian, you're happy to live on rabbit food :( 

When I've been to weddings with a sit down meal, it always seems that the vegetarians have to eat a vegetable filo parcel of some kind when the others eat a roast…why the restaurant can't provide a non meat option with roasties etc is beyond me! 

Archived