IGNORED

Huddersfield Team

dereks no1

I think LJ suggested there might be a youngster on the bench maybe a few but I do think he'll mostly start with rotation players. I'd give O'Leary the start as he will be needed to start next season on the bench as well. I'd defeinately have Vyner at least on the bench. Think Garita is injured so I'd put McCoulskey on the bench. No need to put more minutes into Wilbs legs. 

O'Leary

Ayling Pearce Baker Bryan

Odemwingie Pack Wagstaff Tomlin

Reid 

Kodjia

O'Donnell, Golbourne, Williams, Vyner, McCoulskey, Dowling, Freeman

Maybe something like that if it were me. 

8 hours ago, JBFC II said:

I'd put dowling in for ayling and garita for agard

LJ needs to see what Agard can do . I fear that he will get edged out and be one of those players that make the selling club look a bit ridiculous when he's scoring for fun at his new employers.

Agard is a goal scorer . He has n't had a run in the team this year for one reason or another but he is capable and his energy levels, when up to match fitness, are invaluable as he ' defends' from the opposition half .

11 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think LJ suggested there might be a youngster on the bench maybe a few but I do think he'll mostly start with rotation players. I'd give O'Leary the start as he will be needed to start next season on the bench as well. I'd defeinately have Vyner at least on the bench. Think Garita is injured so I'd put McCoulskey on the bench. No need to put more minutes into Wilbs legs. 

O'Leary

Ayling Pearce Baker Bryan

Odemwingie Pack Wagstaff Tomlin

Reid 

Kodjia

O'Donnell, Golbourne, Williams, Vyner, McCoulskey, Dowling, Freeman

Maybe something like that if it were me. 

Now I don't want to be ' picky ' but there are only 11 players in a team normally ...

7 hours ago, Iron Man said:

Play our strongest team, try and win and get a bit of momentum for next season.

LJ is smart, unlike some on this post who would like to see us lose 3-0 comfortably at home he'll put out the strongest team, it's what the 15000 who were there when we were losing to the likes of Preston a Tuesday night deserve.

He might make a few tactical changes, change formation but I doubt he'll go beyond that.

This.  We should play our strongest team and aim to finish as high as possible with the most amount of points possible.  Don't care we are safe.  Let's play as if we're not.  This announcement by Johnson of being able to tinker with the team smacks of being on the beach already.  

I think we're more likely to see youngsters getting a run out from the bench than starting. That said, if (for example) Vyner and Dowling got a start, I don't think it would necessarily weaken us. It would give us players on the pitch who have something to play for and hopefully would galvanise the rest to work hard for their young team mates. Whether they're good enough is and entirely different question, but I don't see the point in us playing loan players who are unlikely to be here next season (Pearce, Odemwingie) or squad players who are unlikely to be starters if they're here at all (Wagstaff, Little). Give the young lads a go, they might surprise us all 

A Terriers fan here! I can't travel tomorrow sadly, the last away match is usually great fun, so I'll be left with the radio commentary unless there's a 'Live Feed' to be had. Anyway, here's some background to our season.

We've undergone considerable change since David Wagner took over as manager from Chris Powell and it's certainly for the better. That said, consistency has been our problem throughout the season but we're playing some lovely football, win lose or draw. Our playing style has totally altered, we look to pass the ball and every player looks fairly comfortable on the ball. We usually create plenty of scoring chances and although Nahki Wells has scored 18 goals in all competitions, goalscoring, or should I say putting chances away, has been a slight problem. Every now and again everything clicks and we put them away, e.g. against Leeds Utd at Elland Road (1-4) back in November.

As I recall we were still making the steep transition to our new playing style when you beat us at our place in December but I think we're more settled now.  So it should be a descent game although with nothing other than pride riding on the outcome I guess it might not be played a full throttle. 

Here's to a good match anyway!

AceT (HTFC) 

I'm against the give Freeman a chance to prove himself thinkers. So he plays and has a blinder, what does that prove? The pressure is off now we cannot be relegated, all we have to play for is pride ( or should that be #Pride).

He is a player that was given so many starts but has ended up well below expectation, when others have improved their own game after equally difficult starts. 

It's pretty hard to judge where we go from here with him. We don't see him on the training ground, we don't know his attitude. He could be busting a gut or treading water. 

I'd like Tomlin ( sub him off to a standing ovation) and the other available loanees to play, even if it's only to say goodbye. They've all played a part in our season. Vyner was mentioned in the Pemberton/Flint Q&A, both very impressed with him.

8 hours ago, Iron Man said:

Play our strongest team, try and win and get a bit of momentum for next season.

LJ is smart, unlike some on this post who would like to see us lose 3-0 comfortably at home he'll put out the strongest team, it's what the 15000 who were there when we were losing to the likes of Preston a Tuesday night deserve.

He might make a few tactical changes, change formation but I doubt he'll go beyond that.

I can see what you're saying, and I'd much rather we went out on a high to our home season than not, however, LJ has not has the pleasure of a pre season with these players, and may well choose to have a look at a couple of fringe / young players in a competitive environment.

Plenty of posters on here are advocating Ayling in midfield, with Korey out and definitely missing the first time this season, he may choose to give him a start there or maybe even a young 'un from the academy. Can't hurt to see what some of these lads can do. Huddersfield are in the same position as ourselves so may decide to do something similar. If we put out our strongest side and give a weakened Huddersfield a good hiding, LJ won't learn anything from that.

19 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Play our strongest team, the higher we finish the more prize money we receive and I'd rather not finish 4th from bottom

Is this actually true?? I've seen a few people say it but can't find anywhere online that gives a breakdown.

Are we talking a grand or 2 between places or something far more significant.

2 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Is this actually true?? I've seen a few people say it but can't find anywhere online that gives a breakdown.

whether it a grand 2 grand 100 grand, its still more money at the end of the day,

2 minutes ago, glynriley said:

It's peanuts.

I've seen reports suggesting £50k is the prize money for winning the league. Anything else is gonna be the difference between a can of Tesco own-brand cola and a can of Coca-Cola.

12 hours ago, dereks no1 said:

As we are mathematically safe now will be interesting to see who LJ goes with. Here who i would start with:

O'Donnell

Little, Pearce, Vyner, Golbourne

Ayling, Pack

Wagstaff, Freeman, Bryan

Kodjia

Subs: O'leary, Baker, Williams, Reid, Agard, Wilbraham

For me Freeman has to prove he is creative and good enough for the championship and Little has to prove he can defend.

So you would play an Academy right back left centre back???

As others have said Freeman proved himself last season he CANT create from open play. We all know Little cant defend. When was the last Ayling played CM?

Never saw such a disjointed team. I'm glad the line-up tomorrow will be nothing like this.

1 hour ago, Acetripper said:

A Terriers fan here! I can't travel tomorrow sadly, the last away match is usually great fun, so I'll be left with the radio commentary unless there's a 'Live Feed' to be had. Anyway, here's some background to our season.

We've undergone considerable change since David Wagner took over as manager from Chris Powell and it's certainly for the better. That said, consistency has been our problem throughout the season but we're playing some lovely football, win lose or draw. Our playing style has totally altered, we look to pass the ball and every player looks fairly comfortable on the ball. We usually create plenty of scoring chances and although Nahki Wells has scored 18 goals in all competitions, goalscoring, or should I say putting chances away, has been a slight problem. Every now and again everything clicks and we put them away, e.g. against Leeds Utd at Elland Road (1-4) back in November.

As I recall we were still making the steep transition to our new playing style when you beat us at our place in December but I think we're more settled now.  So it should be a descent game although with nothing other than pride riding on the outcome I guess it might not be played a full throttle. 

Here's to a good match anyway!

AceT (HTFC) 

Thanks for your contribution .

I'm amazed that you're struggling to score goals , don't you have Stead playing ?.

Anyhow , it's ' phew ' from here a sentiment I suppose you will echo .

Upwards and onwards as they say .

2 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

So you would play an Academy right back left centre back???

As others have said Freeman proved himself last season he CANT create from open play. We all know Little cant defend. When was the last Ayling played CM?

Never saw such a disjointed team. I'm glad the line-up tomorrow will be nothing like this.

I'm sure there were several posts on here saying that Vyner was a centre half and was playing out of position at right back in the first team. Have never seen him play for the U21s myself though.

Just read the piece on the BCFC site, LJ says a chance to try things.  Thing is , he doesn't have much of a choice.

Mathews - injured

Smith _ suspended and recovering from Op.

Flint - doubtful (knee)

So three forced changes, can't see many more than that. Pearce and Little in allowing Ayling to try a DM role? Or Ayling into RB . 

LJ will want to win the last home game so I don't see any surprise starters. If we were in a good position later on in the game, maybe a chance for a couple of debuts.

15 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I'm sure there were several posts on here saying that Vyner was a centre half and was playing out of position at right back in the first team. Have never seen him play for the U21s myself though.

See LJ's comments post Vyner's league debut.

Play's RB for the U21's, trains with the first team as RB, does all the drills in training as a RB. He's a RB firs & foremost RCB back at a push. Sticking him in at LCB on the back of his error prone game last time out would be ludicrous.

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I do know that the higher up the league you finish the more prize money you get,

Ok, where have you got that information?. I've looked on the F L web site and can't see any mention of prize money.

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

Ok, where have you got that information?. I've looked on the F L web site and can't see any mention of prize money.

its how prize money works in all sporting events glyn, the team finishing first will get more then the team finishing 24th, much like the winner of wimbledon will get more then someone knocked out in the first round

12 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

Play's RB for the U21's, trains with the first team as RB, does all the drills in training as a RB. He's a RB firs & foremost RCB back at a push. Sticking him in at LCB on the back of his error prone game last time out would be ludicrous.

Fair enough.

14 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

Hate to break it to you but you're not right.

He plays as CB for our under 21's. Ashley Harper is our right back I believe. 

Archived