IGNORED

Huddersfield Team

dereks no1

On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 22:18, cidered abroad said:

Freeman has had all season. All he had proved to me and many others is that he hasn't been able to step a league.

Freeman has some great skill, can go around players for fun.....final touch.....sadly not always the right option is chosen. I like him because he runs at people and makes opponents nervous.....If he could sort out his final pass/shot I would be chuffed.....you watch he'll score tomorrow and shut us all up!

max in goal for me with vyner and kelly fullbacks. pearce will captain the side. kodjia wont be in the squad, all under 21 strikeforce with 2 kids in midfield. lee only has two games to make up his mind about certain players so expect mass changes and potentially two beatings. nothing to lose though and everything to gain. happy days.

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I don't go down there to see us lose. And if we play O'Leary in goal, Vyner etc, and Huddersfield play a strong, experienced line-up, then we will lose.

but playing those guys will help lee decide things early for next season. we have to look at the bigger picture. this seasons done, just enjoy watching players of the future today and forget the result as it is immaterial.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I can't ever imagine going to watch City and not caring if we win or not. I just believe that if a youngster is playing at a first team level in training, then sure they should be picked. And that goes for meaningful games, when we have not ensured our championship status. If you're good enough, you're old enough. But these kids haven't even gone out on loan to league 2 or league 1 clubs and proven they can cope at that level, let alone championship. You say 'players of the future', but they all might end up being non league, or lower than championship division players. If they do play these under 21 players, then I hope I am wrong and I come out saying that was the right move. But if we get thrashed then I can't see any real positives.

there will be positives in getting thrashed. it will prove that the players given their chance aint good enough and lee can then move them on and get others in.

I expect LJ to start with a strong eleven from the main pool, and hopefully get the chance to blood the likes of Dowling (rumour he's in the squad) or McCoulsky for the final 20 minutes.

Finishing strong is about setting the expectations for next season and also showing potential incoming players the relevant form since Xmas that shows City are going places (even if we aren't!).

On 4/29/2016 at 08:46, glynriley said:

11 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

That's you stuffed then , we've got Bobby Reid , We've got Bobby Reid ...

Never heard of him mate! Is he your midfield monster?

You did 'a job on us' at our place, especially in midfield, making it difficult for us to get our passing game going but I think we've improved since then and can vary the pace of our game as when required. On our side watch out for Jamie Paterson, Emyr Huws and Rajiv van La Parra they can all play a bit. 

3 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

but playing those guys will help lee decide things early for next season. we have to look at the bigger picture. this seasons done, just enjoy watching players of the future today and forget the result as it is immaterial.

TO some extent it is a chance to try out a few things maybe he has had at the back of his mind fir sure, and even blood a player or two.

I would like us to finish strongly if we can however. Do not like the idea of finishing 21st (now...), and psychologically it might just help us with recruitment the higher up we finish.

Slightly off topic.......

Went on to Paddy Power, I was going to do Tomlin first goal and City 2-1 .

On their site Tomlin not in the scorecast section but a C Evans is, and as shortest goal price ! 

What do they know that I don't ???

EDIT: the answer is obviously lots, but I meant in this context :P

2 hours ago, Acetripper said:

Never heard of him mate! Is he your midfield monster?

You did 'a job on us' at our place, especially in midfield, making it difficult for us to get our passing game going but I think we've improved since then and can vary the pace of our game as when required. On our side watch out for Jamie Paterson, Emyr Huws and Rajiv van La Parra they can all play a bit. 

Nah, somebody just being ironic. Player who is developing and I have high hopes for, but seen by some as a bit powderpuff.

On 4/29/2016 at 13:06, LondonBristolian said:

I want us to finish as high in the table as possible - not for the money but both for pride and to end the season with momentum to carry on into next year.  Slightly more pettily, I really, really, really want to finish above Rotherham.  I hope LJ picks the strongest team possible.  Not against some youngsters on the bench to bring on if we're looking comfortable with half an hour to go but I think we have to look to beat Huddersfield.

To be honest, the fringe players have had a season to prove themselves.  I'm not sure what LJ'll learn about Little, Ayling or Pearce over two games that he doesn't know already.  

Also the chance of another double, we haven't had many of those this season!

Well it sounded like we played pretty well for 20minutes then your lads gradually took control.

Loosing a goal just before half-time's never good but that's no excuse for what transpired in the second 45. It sounded as though you completely ran away with it in the end. I've not read any reports or heard what David Wagner had to say post-match as yet but he can't have been pleased with that. Lee Tomlin must love playing Huddersfield Town, even going back to his Peterborough days he was a constant threat and looked as though he could play at a much higher level. Fair play to the lad!

An encouraging scoreline for your lads to finish the season in front of your fans but these days we don't expect to get hammered like that, so well done. If anything, maybe it underlines where we need to strengthen in the Summer. I certainly hope so!

Anyway have a good break and see you all next season.

AceT(HTFC) 

2 hours ago, Acetripper said:

Well it sounded like we played pretty well for 20minutes then your lads gradually took control.

Loosing a goal just before half-time's never good but that's no excuse for what transpired in the second 45. It sounded as though you completely ran away with it in the end. I've not read any reports or heard what David Wagner had to say post-match as yet but he can't have been pleased with that. Lee Tomlin must love playing Huddersfield Town, even going back to his Peterborough days he was a constant threat and looked as though he could play at a much higher level. Fair play to the lad!

An encouraging scoreline for your lads to finish the season in front of your fans but these days we don't expect to get hammered like that, so well done. If anything, maybe it underlines where we need to strengthen in the Summer. I certainly hope so!

Anyway have a good break and see you all next season.

AceT(HTFC) 

You knocked it around well for 25, and then we either worked you out or we started playing better or both.

Wells looked lively until he twisted his knee, looking to run in behind our centre backs.  Hughes was a bit of a passenger. VLP looked very dangerous down your inside left, but after about 40 minutes, he seemed to lose his head, pushing and shoving our Bobby Reid, who kept standing up to him.  Ref warned him, it seemed to put him in his shell, and he didn't return after the break.

Your monster of a centre back, Lynch, had a pretty bad game.  Your left back, Davidson, looked neat and tidy, and linked well with VLP in the early encounters.

Good turnout from your fans.  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Archived