IGNORED

Huddersfield Team

dereks no1

8 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Ok, where have you got that information?. I've looked on the F L web site and can't see any mention of prize money.

I believe @Monkehto be correct. Also isn't there more to go round this year as any team already receiving para payments doesn't  get any additional if promoted straight away and the money instead gets split amongst the rest of the teams? 

29 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Just read the piece on the BCFC site, LJ says a chance to try things.  Thing is , he doesn't have much of a choice.

Mathews - injured

Smith _ suspended and recovering from Op.

Flint - doubtful (knee)

So three forced changes, can't see many more than that. Pearce and Little in allowing Ayling to try a DM role? Or Ayling into RB . 

LJ will want to win the last home game so I don't see any surprise starters. If we were in a good position later on in the game, maybe a chance for a couple of debuts.

Flint didn't seem too bothered by his knee when asked, it's alright, shrugs a bit sort but yes it's fine, type response.

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

I believe @Monkehto be correct. Also isn't there more to go round this year as any team already receiving para payments doesn't  get any additional if promoted straight away and the money instead gets split amongst the rest of the teams? 

From what I understand, now performance based money, but with parachute payments now down to 3 years and if the relegated team goes back up , the payments are split between the rest of the clubs. That may be a % , I saw 30% mentioned but not 100% sure.

11 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

How has Reid proved himself exactly? To me he's still far too lightweight?

Surely we should be doing everything in our power to keep Tomlin like maybe playing him until his loan expires?

Yet in one half vs Derby he scored and created as many assists from open play as Freeman managed in the first half of the season...

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

its how prize money works in all sporting events glyn, the team finishing first will get more then the team finishing 24th, much like the winner of wimbledon will get more then someone knocked out in the first round

We're not talking about Wimbledon where there is millions of pounds in prize money sloshing about.

If it's 50K for the winners, as suggested above, the extra prize money for finishing 19th rather than 20th is going to be pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Your assertion was that we should play our strongest team. I'd rather have a look at what some fringe players and/or kids can do, rather than potentially lose someone to an injury for the sake of a couple of grand.

2 minutes ago, glynriley said:

We're not talking about Wimbledon where there is millions of pounds in prize money sloshing about.

If it's 50K for the winners, as suggested above, the extra prize money for finishing 19th rather than 20th is going to be pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Your assertion was that we should play our strongest team. I'd rather have a look at what some fringe players and/or kids can do, rather than potentially lose someone to an injury for the sake of a couple of grand.

Agree, the experience of playing in a league game for the likes of Morrell/Garita/McCoulsky might actually be worth more to the club in the long run than an extra grand for finishing a place higher. If the prize money at this level was that significant no teams would play youngsters in end of season games - loads do; the money is peanuts. I'm sure Huddersfield will.

I want us to finish as high in the table as possible - not for the money but both for pride and to end the season with momentum to carry on into next year.  Slightly more pettily, I really, really, really want to finish above Rotherham.  I hope LJ picks the strongest team possible.  Not against some youngsters on the bench to bring on if we're looking comfortable with half an hour to go but I think we have to look to beat Huddersfield.

To be honest, the fringe players have had a season to prove themselves.  I'm not sure what LJ'll learn about Little, Ayling or Pearce over two games that he doesn't know already.  

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Thanks for your contribution .

I'm amazed that you're struggling to score goals , don't you have Stead playing ?.

Anyhow , it's ' phew ' from here a sentiment I suppose you will echo .

Upwards and onwards as they say .

Jon Stead's long gone mate! He went to Bradford City on Loan then last Summer transferred to Notts County. I say struggled to score...I suppose what I mean is we could have had so many more goals. For every goal he scores Wells seems to miss three so it's little wonder another striker is top of our Summer shopping list. That and a Keeper x2 and a midfielder. Not much to ask hey?!!!!

AceT (HTFC)

4 minutes ago, Acetripper said:

Jon Stead's long gone mate! He went to Bradford City on Loan then last Summer transferred to Notts County. I say struggled to score...I suppose what I mean is we could have had so many more goals. For every goal he scores Wells seems to miss three so it's little wonder another striker is top of our Summer shopping list. That and a Keeper x2 and a midfielder. Not much to ask hey?!!!!

AceT (HTFC)

That's obviously where you've gone wrong , Steady's a goal machine .

Wells sounds a bit like our top scorer ! 

O'Leary 

Vyner Pearce Williams Golbourne

Ayling

Wagstaff  Pack   Tomlin 

Reid

Agard 

subs - kodjia, freeman, baker, o Donnell, Odemwingie, Bryan, McCoulskey

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

That's obviously where you've gone wrong , Steady's a goal machine .

Wells sounds a bit like our top scorer ! 

Steady's parting gesture was to score the winner at home against Leeds Utd last season. He's a Huddersfield lad and a Town fan through and through too but basically, we moved on from 'tall target man' football and while you're right to say he scored for fun in his heyday, he just wouldn't have withstood the high energy training and football we play nowadays. As for Wells, he's become a very good footballer he holdup play and brings others into the game but he's not as prolific as say, Jordan Rhodes was so in the minds of Huddersfield fans he could score more goals. He certainly gets enough chances to score in every match. As for tomorrow I think we'll continue to play our high energy pressing/passing game but we do sometimes struggle when teams are physical in midfield. 

AceT(HTFC)

I think from what he's said, we'll see the likes of Pearce and Williams as our centre back pairing and probably see fringe players like Little, Wagstaff and Agard get starts. Would hope to see some youngsters involved at some point - McCoulsky, Vyner, Morrell and O'Leary seem most likely.

I have no idea what the side will be, but think the following considerations will be in LJ's mind:

In goal with Fielding going to miss the start of next season he'll never had a better time to give O'Leary some vital first team experience.

In defence Williams' contract expires this summer, if he's offering him another deal then he should play, if he's not then he shouldn't. Pearce has barely featured but should only start tomorrow if we are interested in making it a permanent deal.

In midfield for Williams read Wagstaff.

As for Odemwingie there is very little point involving him tomorrow as he is highly unlikely to be here next season, whereas Vyner should be on the bench at least.

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

In defence Williams' contract expires this summer, if he's offering him another deal then he should play, if he's not then he shouldn't. 

Are we sure about that? 

He's speaking like he expects to stay around: “It’s good to see it growing and growing – hopefully we can fill the stadium next year and really push on.” and in the full video he speaks of how it's good to be a Championship player again next season.

Further, the FA's recently released details of intermediary payments (http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2016/apr/agents-intermediaries-220416) shows a payment relating to Derrick Williams happening on August 12th, 2015. As per the page, "Payments included in these figures may have been made in respect of transactions entered into prior to 1 April 2015" but the possibility is there that it relates to an unannounced contract renewal...

18 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Are we sure about that? 

He's speaking like he expects to stay around: “It’s good to see it growing and growing – hopefully we can fill the stadium next year and really push on.” and in the full video he speaks of how it's good to be a Championship player again next season.

Further, the FA's recently released details of intermediary payments (http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2016/apr/agents-intermediaries-220416) shows a payment relating to Derrick Williams happening on August 12th, 2015. As per the page, "Payments included in these figures may have been made in respect of transactions entered into prior to 1 April 2015" but the possibility is there that it relates to an unannounced contract renewal...

Possibly something in his original contract  - a clause triggering an extension/offer based on promotion maybe?

Either way, I bet when he left Villa he didn`t think he`d be playing against them in the league any time soon.

6 hours ago, Acetripper said:

Steady's parting gesture was to score the winner at home against Leeds Utd last season. He's a Huddersfield lad and a Town fan through and through too but basically, we moved on from 'tall target man' football and while you're right to say he scored for fun in his heyday, he just wouldn't have withstood the high energy training and football we play nowadays. As for Wells, he's become a very good footballer he holdup play and brings others into the game but he's not as prolific as say, Jordan Rhodes was so in the minds of Huddersfield fans he could score more goals. He certainly gets enough chances to score in every match. As for tomorrow I think we'll continue to play our high energy pressing/passing game but we do sometimes struggle when teams are physical in midfield. 

AceT(HTFC)

That's you stuffed then , we've got Bobby Reid , We've got Bobby Reid ...

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Are we sure about that? 

I read his comments too and had similar thoughts.

I think Derrick has a future with us.  I think he could turn into a decent Championship defender...he like Flint actually likes to defend.  He has a good few years to mature.  He's had the odd shocker, but who in our defence hasn't.

Hope he's around next season.

Archived