IGNORED

Greg Cunningham

bs20ciderarmy

46 minutes ago, RedM said:

Well done Greg, our loss is someone else's gain. Let's hope we can get players from other clubs and make their loss our gain.

O Donnell?

The rest not aimed at you RedM but these GC threads grind my gears. He was a good player and everyone knew that. He got ousted by a great academy player who grew so much last year and this year too.

We did the decent thing and let a reserve go, much like O Donnell to us on a free or Golbourne to us cheap, and yet because we did the right thing; offloading a good understudy on decent wages, because he's done what we all knew he was capable of anyway it's a bad thing?!

GC was never a bad player, he was always capable of this, but he was no JB and so good on the club for moving him, good on GC for moving on and good on him for performing to his abilities. There's nothing bad here, just a club not holding on to a player much like the PL clubs are lamented for doing!!! 

Thanks for posting OP.   Nothing more in this for me than its good to hear a decent pro who served the club well has gone on to do well.   Good for him.

Wishing someone well and congratulating does not have to perceived as a veiled dig at the club for letting him go.  Not everyone has an agenda.

Fair play to the lad but i was never blown away by Greg.

He was good for us and very consistent but he never had much impact on a game like say Joe Bryan can.

Wish him all the best in the future but i am more than happy with Goldbourne, Bryan, Williams at left back.

7 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

GC can F off. Celebrated like a tw*t when he scored against us. Put me off him for good because he was bitter Joe Bryan had a better season last year and better future overall. 

Why shouldn't he celebrate a goal for his team?

14 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

GC can F off. Celebrated like a tw*t when he scored against us. Put me off him for good because he was bitter Joe Bryan had a better season last year and better future overall. 

If anything that reaction endeared me. Too many players pay lip service. He's a defender that scored a rare goal so no doubt he'd celebrate. He was behind JB, rightly so, but he wasn't a bad player. He played the crowd and showed some personality. Good lad. 

20 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I spoke to him after that game. Congratulated him on 'a rare Cunningham goal' but added that I wish it hadn't been against us. He was very humble, agreed it was a rare goal and we had a joke about it. So as much you don't like it I don't blame him one bit for celebrating a rare goal. 

Edit, as I was typing this @29AR made exactly the same point as me. Well said. 

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

If anything that reaction endeared me. Too many players pay lip service. He's a defender that scored a rare goal so no doubt he'd celebrate. He was behind JB, rightly so, but he wasn't a bad player. He played the crowd and showed some personality. Good lad. 

It did annoy me at the time as it was pretty over the top with all the chest thumping going on but you're right. Would've loved it had I been a Preston supporter! Fair play to him. 

Very good player, amazed in the same way as we let Keough go 7/8 years ago, has proved this season that he is good enough at this level, but we move on and in the system we now play I am more than happy we have Golbourne

2 minutes ago, harrys said:

Very good player, amazed in the same way as we let Keough go 7/8 years ago, has proved this season that he is good enough at this level, but we move on and in the system we now play I am more than happy we have Golbourne

He proved it last time we were at this level with us. We knew what we let go, but rightly rather than stifle him we let him go and gave JB a chance and picked up Golbourne since. 

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

He proved it last time we were at this level with us. We knew what we let go, but rightly rather than stifle him we let him go and gave JB a chance and picked up Golbourne since. 

It's turned out ok in that respect but in my eyes Joe is never an out and out left back in the same way as Golbourne or Cunningham, the fact that Greg has had such a good season proves we shouldn't of let him go and while we had such a poor start to the season I feel he would of done a decent job, but we move on

54 minutes ago, yardy said:

Fair play to the lad but i was never blown away by Greg.

He was good for us and very consistent but he never had much impact on a game like say Joe Bryan can.

Wish him all the best in the future but i am more than happy with Goldbourne, Bryan, Williams at left back.

He was outstanding until his injury and then never reached the same heights.

Well done to him for getting back on track .

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Well done Greg, our loss is someone else's gain. Let's hope we can get players from other clubs and make their loss our gain.

Yeah... Groovy idea. Lets go and buy that kid up at Preston then. Whatsisface?... Cunningham, thats him.

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

Indeed. As a player he wanted to play, a good attitude to have. He was being kept out here by the form of others and the formation we were playing. He's gone and done well somewhere else, we've got over it now but at the time we were left well short.

Again after the match we were chatting about his move. He said he was very happy at Preston as he had been here, and said 'sometimes these things just happen in football'. Very true indeed and I wished him well. 

2 hours ago, cheshire_red said:

He was the Players player of the year and the fans player of the year(Sir Tom Finney award), which the club takes votes on by email.

The Supporters group player of the year which Gallagher won is a different award.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It would still be nice to see him at the Euros though. PNE fans think he`s got every chance of going.

I don't think he will unfortunately. Every time he's had a call-up he's had a knock or just missed out on the final cut. He would fully deserve it if he ends up going though.

1 hour ago, Donkeeebles said:

How dare he celebrate a goal

It also happened to be his first PNE goal. I don't think he was bothered who it was against to be honest, I would've celebrated as well. Goals are a rarity for him ultimately so he might as well celebrate when he can!

Archived